GoPro CEO makes $285 million last year

That's between Gopro, shareholders and it's CEO. It's none of your business

Also its customers, but their involvement is limited to not buying their stuff if they are truly butthurt over the CEO's pay.

Bleh, the left will scream "boycott them!!!!" and that's all that will happen. GoPro is bigger than they are

Actually if you read the article, the value is based on stock shares he was promised as part of his compensation package not actual salary. In fact at current valuation is more like $200M (they max is from peak stock value in late 2014).

So, as usual, hangover fails on multiple levels.

Good for him!

I like to see my fellow humanoids succeed.

And unlike the petty assholes on the right, I like to see all segments of the working population be well compensated.

Good for him!

And unlike the petty assholes on the right, I like to see all segments of the working population be well compensated.

You mean the left....because keeping people poor keeps them in office and they hate the rich........

.....But cons whine about giving the rest of America a living wage.

GoPro s CEO is now the highest paid U.S. executive - Apr. 17 2015

No.....we complain about using guns and men in uniforms to extract money from some Americans to simply give it to other Americans.....in order to increase the votes for a politician who is in charge of taking that money...and then watching as the money that was taken through taxes is wasted, lost, or spent on everything except helping those in need...and that we have to extract even more money to cover the money that was stolen, lost or wasted...........and then having to listen to people like you say that we don't want the rest of America to have a living wage.......

That is what we complain about....

Good for him!

You mean the left....because keeping people poor keeps them in office and they hate the rich........
So... the Republicans are working furiously on the issue of wage disparity?

Good for him!

Yes...we live our lives and provide for our families and try to vote for politicians who at least say they are going to keep taxes low, government small both of which creates jobs so people don't have to get welfare from greedy politicians.....

Unlike say Walmart, no one at GoPro is being paid crap and thus exploited. Lowest paid makes like $28/hour.

GoPro Salaries Glassdoor

So what you are saying is if people are unhappy working for Wal Mart, they should acquire the skills they need and go work for GoPro.....exactly the way to do it.......right?

Good for him!

Yes...we live our lives and provide for our families and try to vote for politicians who at least say they are going to keep taxes low, government small both of which creates jobs so people don't have to get welfare from greedy politicians.....
What about the wage earner? The Republicans are concerned about those who are accumulating wealth, but what about those who actually produce, ship, deliver and buy the goods? Should a CEO reap the lion's share of the spoils at a rate of 200, 300, 400 to 1 compared to the average worker in his company? Is helping the middle class, the working American a priority for the GOP, or does the GOP see the wealthy as 'job creators' worthy of disproportionately high income?

Unlike say Walmart, no one at GoPro is being paid crap and thus exploited. Lowest paid makes like $28/hour.

GoPro Salaries Glassdoor

So what you are saying is if people are unhappy working for Wal Mart, they should acquire the skills they need and go work for GoPro.....exactly the way to do it.......right?

(smiles) Nice try. But I'm a lot smarter than whoever you're used to dealing with.

I'm saying that when you pay well you get better performance. And if the top can be paid hundreds of millions, the lowest can be paid correspondigly well. And Wal-Mart makes a helluva lot more than GoPro so should be able to pay their rank and file proportional amounts.

GoPro Salaries Glassdoor

(smiles) Nice try. But I'm a lot smarter than whoever you're used to dealing with.

I'm saying that when you pay well you get better performance. And if the top can be paid hundreds of millions, the lowest can be paid correspondigly well. And Wal-Mart makes a helluva lot more than GoPro so should be able to pay their rank and file proportional amounts.

And again...if Wal Mart chooses not to...then those people working for Wal Mart can go where they can get more money....like GoPro.....right?

Good for him!

What about the wage earner? The Republicans are concerned about those who are accumulating wealth, but what about those who actually produce, ship, deliver and buy the goods? Should a CEO reap the lion's share of the spoils at a rate of 200, 300, 400 to 1 compared to the average worker in his company? Is helping the middle class, the working American a priority for the GOP, or does the GOP see the wealthy as 'job creators' worthy of disproportionately high income?

Conservatives...of which I am one.....and libertarians and Tea Party members don't see it as government and politicians job to decide the salary of workers......companies and workers are the best ones to work that out for themselves......and GoPro is an excellent example of that...right?

There is no mandate that GoPro pays as much as they do....they pay that to get the best...right? are you saying some politician should step in and tell every business they have to pay 28 dollars an Hour...like Gopro...?

Government helps all Americans...not just the rich, not just the poor, either or....but all Americans by keeping taxes low, spending low, and making sure everyone plays by the law...that is governments role in the economy.....not deciding who makes what and if it is fair or not..........

as long as everyone can enter into work and business relationships fairly......government has done it's part.........

If you don't like that the owner of Gopro makes hundreds of times what the guy in the warehouse who boxes stuff up makes....don't work their....or.......start your own business and pay your employees more than what you make.....if you built it...you get to decide the salaries.....not obama, or bush, or any other greedy corruypt plitician

How much did Hillary and Bubba make by extorting money from foreign governments for their phony "global initiative"? One of Barry's golf outings costs more than Gopro makes in a year. If left wing idiot hypocrites quit dreaming about stealing from the rich and do what they can to keep the federal government from wasting their money they might be a lot better off.

Forum List

Back