GOP to introduce more tax cuts

House Republicans propose more tax cuts as elections near

Go ahead house dems vote against making those tax cuts for the middle class permanent...I dare ya!

They have decided that near record setting deficits in the middle of a "booming" economy is not enough ,they want to blow out the old record deficits.

Since Jan 1st the GOP has added $963,736,562,069 to the debt, almost a trillion dollars in 9 months! They are on pace for 1.3 trillion for the year. That will beat every record except 2009 in the heart of the recession.

Think about that now, we are adding debt as the same pace as we did in the recession and we are in a booming economy, just imagine what happens when it slows down.
So what

Both parties have shown that neither gives a shit about the debt
People have shown that they don't give a shit about the debt because they continue to vote for the politicians in both parties that don't give a shit about the debt

It's democracy in action

How much of a tax cut did you get folks?

Look at your pay stubs. You see a difference?

I'm betting unless you make some serious money already the "change" is just that

change

How much of a tax cut did you get folks?

Look at your pay stubs. You see a difference?

I'm betting unless you make some serious money already the "change" is just that

change

What you people fail to acknowledge is that the new tax law gave sizable tax breaks to millions of middle class people who are self employed or who own and operate S corps and LLCs

Section 199A of the tax code gave middle class business owners a 20% deduction on a portion of their business income.

Well I'll take tax cuts all day every day.

Tax cuts get more money into the economy. Its a win, win.

The US takes in nearly 4 trillion dollars. Might be 4 trillion given the current economy.

So, we have spenditures of Defense Department, State Department, Veterans Affairs, Justice Department, and the cost of the three branches of govenment, leg, jud,exe.

That is roughly 811.1 billion dollars.

Put Social Security and Medicare into separate budgets AWAY from the Federal budget and use ONLY the reciepts they get from taxes to pay out with.

That means we can apply 3 trillion per year to the debt, or we can cut...say...a smooth 1.5 trllion in taxes and still manage to put 1.5 trillion a year toward the debt.

Will only take 100 years if income remains at current levels. Likely to go way up over that 100 years, making the debt decrease exponentially.

Your math is wrong.
In what way? I see us running a huge surplus. Just pay for those government functions we need and are actually required for the Federal Government to meet its obligations to the people.

Be our representative to the world.

Clearly, 75% of the government is unnecessary.

In receipts. We wouldn’t have money to pay down the debt as you claim.

75% of the federal budget is military, Medicare and SS.

You leftists can keep LYING about the tax cuts but the people see the more take home pay and less taxes coming from their checks themselves...that's ALL that needs to be seen!
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
Oh NOW you lefties care about the debt!?
You sound like the lefty to me. Spend, spend, spend....
CUTTING taxes is not SPENDING its letting people keep more of what they have and by making the corporate tax rate around the same as the rest of the world it brought back companies HERE aka they make more here,employ more people here therefore we get more revenue from taxes from them HERE.
Then why are deficits increasing so dramatically? We should be paying down debt in a good economy.

You leftists can keep LYING about the tax cuts but the people see the more take home pay and less taxes coming from their checks themselves...that's ALL that needs to be seen!
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
Oh NOW you lefties care about the debt!?
You sound like the lefty to me. Spend, spend, spend....
CUTTING taxes is not SPENDING its letting people keep more of what they have and by making the corporate tax rate around the same as the rest of the world it brought back companies HERE aka they make more here,employ more people here therefore we get more revenue from taxes from them HERE.
Then why are deficits increasing so dramatically? We should be paying down debt in a good economy.
We will never pay down the debt because nobody wants to pay it down

How much evidence do you need that neither party cares about the debt?

The people that vote for the parties that don't care about the debt don't care about the debt either

The "booming" economy is fueled by government spending. The crash is going to be bad...
obammy's gone, that 600 billion he injected has been gone for some time.
Have you seen the deficits?
yes, obammy had 10 trillion worth
And deficits have gotten worse.
And no one cares

They care depending upon who is sitting in the White House

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And no one cares

Dems only care about republ debt
Repubs only care about dem debt

Not one single voter that votes for dems or repubs cares about the debt

The "booming" economy is fueled by government spending. The crash is going to be bad...
And who’s running to cut spending out of all the campaigns?

Again, taking everyone’s money won’t solve this. So raising taxes doesn’t do it! So what a useless promise

And who’s running to cut spending out of all the campaigns?
Who controls the government while deficits skyrocket?

After Trump resigns or is removed from office, his economic bubble will burst - and all the RWNJs will blame the Dems.

And no one cares

Dems only care about republ debt
Repubs only care about dem debt

Not one single voter that votes for dems or repubs cares about the debt

Keynesian theory is that the government should go into debt and increase spending during a weak economy. But when the economy picks up - and especially when it booms - the government should first pay down the debt and the once the deficit is under control, lower taxes.

During the 2008 recession, government spending and a willingness to increase government debt was the right thing to do. However, during GW Bushes first term - when there was a surplus, and now that we're in an economic boom, the government should pay down it's debt first and lower taxes later.

The GOP keeps screwing up this simple formula.

Forum List

Back