GOP Texas lawmaker introduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions

Abortions require an appointment, therefore it's premeditated murder, if it's going to be considered murder. Seems pretty consistent.
Abortion is a medical procedure, unless it's spontaneous, then it was an act of God.

Texas again? What is wrong with these people?

A Republican lawmaker in Texas has introduced a bill that would allow the death penalty for women who have abortions.

“Today, I filed HB 3326 to Abolish Abortion in Texas,” Texas State Rep. Bryan Slaton (R) said on Twitter.

“The bill will end the discriminatory practice of terminating the life of innocent children, and will guarantee the equal protection of the laws to all Texans, no matter how small," he said.

Under HB 3326, a person who has an abortion or performs an abortion could be charged with assault or homicide, which is punishable by death, the Texas Tribune reported.

Slaton’s legislation also says that certain parties may have to testify in cases of death or “bodily injury to an unborn child,” and offers immunity to those that do.

The legislation also directs the state’s attorney general to “direct a state agency to enforce those laws, regardless of any contrary federal statute, regulation, treaty, order, or court decision,” the newspaper reported.

The bill would also ban abortions at fertilization, whereas most abortions in Texas are prohibited after 20 weeks.

Slaton’s proposal is not the first time a Texas lawmaker has proposed the death penalty for abortion. Texas state Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R) introduced a similar measure in 2019 classifying abortion as a homicide.

continued
Texas is striving to be the next Nazi Germany.

You DO think you are superior. What an arrogant, delusional piece of filth. Typical democrat.
You asked me a question, I answered you truthfully and now you're calling me a delusional piece of Filth a typical Democrat. I am not a Democrat, and I can assure you I am not a piece of Filth but since you had the nerve to say that it is probably true that you are the filthspeak of. I am an independent, I am voting more with Democrats than ever before because Republicans have become so irrational and emotional. And I am Superior to no one, we are all equal in America or at least we're supposed to be. The Republicans seem to want to shout down and bad mouth everyone else. It's so UnAmerican it isn't funny. And sad.

You revealed the truth about you, delusional fool.
I am not delusional her again you must be talking about yourself you don't know me you can't judge me
Your actions are questionable not mine. Keep playing the fool if you want it doesn't hurt me
Calling people names is about as low as a person can get in a discussion, it means you don't have a case.

And your words have revealed who you are, wouldn't want to be you
Try to have a good night I plan on it
I don't want to kill the most innocent and vulnerable in our society. YOU do.
I brought hundreds of wanted children into this world. I understand you believe this is murder. I also understand fanatics have killed countless people throughout history because of what they believed. This is no different.

Forum List

Back