GOP Texas lawmaker introduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions

They see it as murder. They dont see a difference in an abortion or some thug killing an old lady in the street.

And therein lies the rub. It doesnt matter what they think. Thats why we have a Constitution to protect the citizens from dick heads like him, and what he thinks.

I think we should have assassination squads to rid the country of people like him, and what they think.

I think my idea is just as valid as what he thinks.

What do you think?

And therein lies the rub. It doesnt matter what they think. Thats why we have a Constitution to protect the citizens from dick heads like him, and what he thinks.

I think we should have assassination squads to rid the country of people like him, and what they think.

I think my idea is just as valid as what he thinks.

What do you think?
Personally, I am pro choice. Probably more pro choice than you.
The Constitution isnt the issue here. It doesnt protect, nor condone abortion. Its a states issue.
I understand people considering it murder, I just dont agree with forced gestation.
Your idea isnt valid. You sound like a fuckin psychopath.

Texas again? What is wrong with these people?

A Republican lawmaker in Texas has introduced a bill that would allow the death penalty for women who have abortions.

“Today, I filed HB 3326 to Abolish Abortion in Texas,” Texas State Rep. Bryan Slaton (R) said on Twitter.

“The bill will end the discriminatory practice of terminating the life of innocent children, and will guarantee the equal protection of the laws to all Texans, no matter how small," he said.

Under HB 3326, a person who has an abortion or performs an abortion could be charged with assault or homicide, which is punishable by death, the Texas Tribune reported.

Slaton’s legislation also says that certain parties may have to testify in cases of death or “bodily injury to an unborn child,” and offers immunity to those that do.

The legislation also directs the state’s attorney general to “direct a state agency to enforce those laws, regardless of any contrary federal statute, regulation, treaty, order, or court decision,” the newspaper reported.

The bill would also ban abortions at fertilization, whereas most abortions in Texas are prohibited after 20 weeks.

Slaton’s proposal is not the first time a Texas lawmaker has proposed the death penalty for abortion. Texas state Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R) introduced a similar measure in 2019 classifying abortion as a homicide.

continued
Conservatives have completely lost their minds.

The idea here is to NEGOTIATE with the other side and not say "my way or the highway".

Negotiate, give and take and reaching across the aisle for common ground is what our country is built on.
This is as idiotic as it is ignorant and wrong.

One doesn’t ‘negotiate’ his rights and protected liberties.

The authority of the state is limited; the Constitution prohibits government excess and overreach – in this case the right to privacy: government has no authority to dictate to citizens whether one may have a child or not, government has no authority to compel a woman to give birth against her will.

A Republican lawmaker in Texas has introduced a bill that would allow the death penalty for women who have abortions.

“Today, I filed HB 3326 to Abolish Abortion in Texas,” Texas State Rep. Bryan Slaton (R) said on Twitter.

“The bill will end the discriminatory practice of terminating the life of innocent children, and will guarantee the equal protection of the laws to all Texans, no matter how small," he said.

Under HB 3326, a person who has an abortion or performs an abortion could be charged with assault or homicide, which is punishable by death, the Texas Tribune reported.

Slaton’s legislation also says that certain parties may have to testify in cases of death or “bodily injury to an unborn child,” and offers immunity to those that do.

The legislation also directs the state’s attorney general to “direct a state agency to enforce those laws, regardless of any contrary federal statute, regulation, treaty, order, or court decision,” the newspaper reported.

The bill would also ban abortions at fertilization, whereas most abortions in Texas are prohibited after 20 weeks.

Slaton’s proposal is not the first time a Texas lawmaker has proposed the death penalty for abortion. Texas state Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R) introduced a similar measure in 2019 classifying abortion as a homicide.

continued
This makes perfect sense if you're an idiot. Have all these Texas people lost their minds. It's it's a disgrace.

continued
An Islamist worries about women’s rights. The irony.

What about a miscarriage? Should women go to prison for having a miscarriage? Maybe they did something wrong and that’s why they had the miscarriage.
I thought these will have to get to the bottom of this.

That would beat the hell out of a society whose courts lit the fires that burned one hundred million American human beings with the cruelest punitive death sentences even serial murderers as convicted criminals do not experience with their painless injections. And the slobs that cut up those helpless tiny human beings don't get sent to their graves with appendages missing and brains sucked out. Abortion reality is that two heartless lovers extinguished a creation miracle with savagery and asocial madness. I think I'm gonna throw up. Yuck.
You must be one of those people that believes everything you hear. Hint, start looking for the positives instead of the negatives in life.

Abortions require an appointment, therefore it's premeditated murder, if it's going to be considered murder. Seems pretty consistent.

Forum List

Back