GOP senator says Biden can’t be impeached for pre-presidential actions

Even though he is a republican and even from Oklahoma he actually has a point.

Rare I know but lightning does strike occasionally, lol.

He even said it on newmax, I would imagine much to the disappointment of the hosts.

OPinions?

The states elect the president, not the people.

The impeachment process allows the people (the House) to petition the states (the Senate) to remove from office the president they (the states) elected due to incompetence, corruption, or criminal acts.

Based on this interpretation of Article II, Mullin may have a point.

But Article II doesn’t specify a time period as to when an impeachable act must occur – before a president takes office or during his term.

Consequently, the House is at liberty to impeach, however reckless, irresponsible, and devoid of merit; the Senate is at liberty to acquit because the alleged crimes or misconduct occurred before the president took office.

Well the WH has acknowledged Joe knew about Hunter's speech blowing off his congressional testimony. So Joe's going to have an obstruction charge.
As to the politics, Democrats would love nothing more than for Republicans to ‘impeach’ President Biden.

The voters will correctly see ‘impeachment’ as a bad faith, partisan, meritless, baseless attack on President Biden and the subsequent ‘trial’ in the Senate an enormous waste of time when the nation is facing serious and real issues – issues being ignored by Republicans demonstrating that Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

And the voters will vote accordingly next November.

Article II Section 4

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Note that is says nothing about whether these crimes are committed while in office.
Okay...you are right...it seems...?

Just need a high crime and misdemeanor, treason, or Bribery...before or after holding office, and 2/3s of the Senate, voting to convict, for removal.

Still not an issue with Biden, because Congress still hasn't found a Crime after 10 months of searching... it will be no different with this new impeachment inquiry, which seems to be a dog and pony show by the house...imho.

He even said it on newmax, I would imagine much to the disappointment of the hosts.

OPinions?

Thanks for your admission of Biden's wrong doings while VP.

He'll likely be dead before it gets that far. He's going... going... going... soon to be gone

Plenty of EVIDENCE of a Crime by Joe Biden??????

What then, is the CRIME that is indictable, that Joe Biden committed???

Name the crime, and statute for the crime, if you can.

Thanks!

Don’t need to. The Demtards proved you just need to make stuff up and throw it out there.

OPinions?

If irrefutable evidence of past crimes come to light... whether they lead to Impeachment or not... would it affect your decision to vote for Biden in 2024?

Okay...you are right...it seems...?

Just need a high crime and misdemeanor, treason, or Bribery...before or after holding office, and 2/3s of the Senate, voting to convict, for removal.

Still not an issue with Biden, because Congress still hasn't found a Crime after 10 months of searching... it will be no different with this new impeachment inquiry, which seems to be a dog and pony show by the house...imho.
Unlike Democrats, the Republicans are not conducting a clown show process in the media. The assumption there are no crimes are baseless.

Forcing Biden to resign is the most likely goal anyway. It's an election year, Harris would take over and be an incumbent candidate. Democrats would have to throw a woman of color who is allegedly of sound mind and in good health under the bus for no apparent reason. A person who was hand picked to take the reigns in such an event. Good luck with that.

Forum List

Back