GOP Rep. Praises Tea Partiers For Being "Polite And Respectful"

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
GOP Rep. Praises Tea Partiers For Being "Polite And Respectful" | Media Matters Action Network

You guys are ALL class.....

Less than 24 hours after news broke that Tea Party protesters spit on and screamed racist and anti-gay slurs at members of Congress, a Republican member of Congress praised the crowd for being "polite and respectful."

Yesterday, Missouri Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver was spat on by a tea partier as he walked through a group of protesters. As Rep. Barney Frank, a gay Congressman, was traveling on Capitol Hill, an angry conservative yelled, "Barney, you faggot!"

And, as reported by Talking Points Memo:

Civil rights hero Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) and fellow Congressional Black Caucus member Andre Carson (D-IN) related a particularly jarring encounter with a large crowd of protesters screaming "kill the bill"... and punctuating their chants with the word "******."

Media Matters is better than a "secret source for only uber elite writers" Cali...

you might want to stay away from criticizing sources.

CULBERSON: Notice folks are, you know they're booing of course, they're polite and respectful as our folks are. I notice every time there's a rally of conservatives on the grounds of the Capitol, that our folks are respectful, polite, pick up after themselves.

He left out "hurl the word ****** and spit on our black members of Congress". I wonder why that is?

That's an old Alinsky tactic

"...in the spring of 1972, at Tulane University...students asked Alinsky to help plan a protest of a scheduled speech by George H. W. Bush, then U.S. representative to the United Nations - a speech likely to include a defense of the Nixon administration's Vietnam War policies. The students told Alinsky they were thinking about picketing or disrupting Bush's address. That's the wrong approach, he rejoined, not very creative - and besides causing a disruption might get them thrown out of school. He told them, instead, to go to hear the speech dressed as members of the Ku Klux Klan, and whenever Bush said something in defense of the Vietnam War, they should cheer and wave placards reading, ‘The KKK supports Bush.' And that is what they did, with very successful, attention-getting results." -- Sanford D. Horwitt "Let Them Call Me Rebel"

I have yet to see any evidence of any of these allegations. Until then, they obviously do not exist.

Some have great imaginations, though.

I have yet to see any evidence of any of these allegations. Until then, they obviously do not exist.

:cuckoo:

Sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalalalalala" has never been a great long term strategery.....

Sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalalalalala" has never been a great long term strategery.....
Show a link or a reference to the evidence of the act (the spit) and the evidence of the shout.

I have seen none. In fact, a video offered as proof contains no such evidence.

Otherwise, your imagination is bizarre.

Show a link or a reference to the evidence of the act (the spit) and the evidence of the shout.

I refuse to do your research for you. It's called Google. Try it sometime. Besides, you will deny it even when you see it.

I refuse to do your research for you. It's called Google. Try it sometime. Besides, you will deny it even when you see it.
I'm not the one making the allegation. The burden is not mine. You, thus, are intellectually lazy. Until there is adequate evidence, it stands as nothing of substance. That's how logic works. Logic has no party.

I'm not the one making the allegation. The burden is not mine. You, thus, are intellectually lazy. Until there is adequate evidence, it stands as nothing of substance. That's how logic works. Logic has no party.

I posted a link. Ho wmany links do you want? Or, are you trying to say I must post a link from Faux News before you will take your fingers out of your ears?
hear-no-evil.jpg

Forum List

Back