GOP DEBATE THREAD TONIGHT Weds. Sept. 7 MSNBC AT 8 p.m. EST

Think Progress?

Get the fuck outta here, Tonto!

Christ injun, i'm going to file you away in the irrelevent section next to Biden and Paul.

You gotta love some of these jackasses backing up their claims with leftist blogs and sites. Maybe we should start citing savage nation. :lol:
No shit!

And, Lil' Brown Buffalo Shit (or whatever his injun name is) up there is the biggest purveyor of complete BS on this board.

Sorry bout that,

1. Hey y'all did I miss something important in the debate?
2. I understand Rick Perry was not there, is that true?
3. I was tied up watching a Chinese Movie, sub-titles and all.
4. *Kung Fu Hustle*.
5. I give it a *thumbs up*:thup:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kung Fu Hustle is great.

you made the right choice.

:rolleyes:

Your drinking word must have been "jobs". :D

You might as well take down your Perry sign right now. 10's of millions of social security recipeants are NOT going to vote for Rick Perry--even though I get everything he said tonight.

Bah...he's said repeatedly his plan will not affect those who are retired our those who are close to retirement.

As long as he gets that message out, I doubt it will hurt him.

Everyone knows Social Security is on the verge of insolvency.

It makes me want to support him more because he is willing to be honest even when it's unpopular...

I tend to agree.

Virtually everyone I know who bothers to follow this issue knows some adjustments are needed. They also know that current recipients and those close to eligibility will not be affected.

So I think Perry may have actually helped himself by telling the truth because the issue is not going away and he has carved out some pretty solid ground to defend.

Now, what will be interesting is to watch who bothers to report the part about Perry’s exemptions and who just runs with a “Perry wants to cut SS” story.

You might as well take down your Perry sign right now. 10's of millions of social security recipeants are NOT going to vote for Rick Perry--even though I get everything he said tonight.

Bah...he's said repeatedly his plan will not affect those who are retired our those who are close to retirement.

As long as he gets that message out, I doubt it will hurt him.

Everyone knows Social Security is on the verge of insolvency.

It makes me want to support him more because he is willing to be honest even when it's unpopular...

I tend to agree.

Virtually everyone I know who bothers to follow this issue knows some adjustments are needed. They also know that current recipients and those close to eligibility will not be affected.

So I think Perry may have actually helped himself by telling the truth because the issue is not going away and he has carved out some pretty solid ground to defend.

Now, what will be interesting is to watch who bothers to report the part about Perry’s exemptions and who just runs with a “Perry wants to cut SS” story.

I think he did as well. and not only is the average ss recipient not stupid, they are in my opinion sick of being the ping pong ball in political debates. The exchange between him and Romny was cool to.

Last edited:
Brian Williams started the debate with the fact most Americans blame the policies of the last administration for the mess the economy is in now. So what do the candidates do but outline the policies of the last administration in more abstract and fluffy words, commenting on how well they have done and will do. Nothing new here, boring and predictable.

I am hoping Obama puts on his FDR/Truman hat and says something meaningful tonight. If he tries to please the party that got us here, he will only further alienate the sane people in America.

One of the curious ironies of the night for me was the fed can't do it but the state can. Think about that for a second. The united states of un-united states.

And Massachusetts requires a mandate because folks didn't or couldn't pay. That wins the best answer for the mandate but went unnoticed.

Social security is probably the greatest, most moral, most religious thing America has done for Americans, to call it a ponzi scheme demonstrated a lack of conscience and experience.

Last edited:
Brian Williams started the debate with the fact most Americans blame the policies of the last administration for the mess the economy is in now. So what do the candidates do but outline the policies of the last administration in more abstract and fluffy words, commenting on how well they have done and will do. Nothing new here, boring and predictable.

I am hoping Obama puts on his FDR/Truman hat and says something meaningful tonight. If he tries to please the party that got us here, he will only further alienate the sane people in America.

One of the curious ironies of the night for me was the fed can't do it but the state can. Think about that for a second. The united states of un-united sates.

And Massachusetts requires a mandate because folks didn't or couldn't pay. That wins the best answer for the mandate but went unnoticed.

Social security is probably the greatest, most moral, most religious thing America has done for Americans, to call it a ponzi scheme demonstrated a lack of conscience and experience.

Pon·zi scheme

noun /ˈpänzē/
Ponzi schemes, plural

A form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors

Ponzi scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to separate investors, not from any actual profit earned by the organization, but from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors. The Ponzi scheme usually entices new investors by offering returns other investments cannot guarantee, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the returns that a Ponzi scheme advertises and pays requires an ever-increasing flow of money from investors to keep the scheme going.

My take....

Romney looked like the front runner and was the clear winner in my opinion. He was relaxed, prepared, and professional. He is my favorite of the field. I think he'll make a great President.

Perry made some major gaffes and did not look prepared. He's a cocky sumbitch to boot! I think he is going to lose a lot of support after tonight, especially with moderates. His "ponzi scheme" comments will haunt him, at least in my opinion. I don't like his personality and quite frankly, I've had enough "Texas" to last a lifetime! I won't be surprised of he turns into this cycle's Fred Thompson- comin' on strong!!... then dying on the vine like unpicked fruit.... But... he's got a lot of time to refine and hone his message, and a lot of money to shape opinion. He may have the stamina......we'll see.

Bachman was bland tonight. She looks like a tier 2 player at this point.

Santorum, Cain, Paul, Gingrich, and Huntsman = Tier 2 or 3 players at best. (I'd still take any of them over Obummer!)

The biggest winner tonight was Romney. I think he'll make the best President and have the broadest appeal in the general election.

I only saw the last half of the debate (Whoda thought it would've been on MSNBC?)

I thought Romney was OK at best. I thought he wasn't articulate on some issues.

I thought Perry looked pretty relaxed, but the "Ponzi scheme" thing is very risky.

SS is not a ponzi scheme, lol, lord have mercy on these people! Im convinced the same peeps who call SS a ponzi scheme would be con'd in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

Both my parents are 65, live in Florida and happen to enjoy receiving the SS money that earned. Perry's comment is a joke at best, at worst, hes just stupid.

Perry doubles down on SSI!!!!

Yay!

Amazing!

Apparently, Perry doesn't want the votes of senior citizens. I bet the RNC and Republican insiders in Washington are horrified.

What is he thinking??? There are so many of us baby boomers!!! And the first of the baby boomers turned 65 this year. I don't understand Perry's motives on this issue. I really don't.

Perry doubles down on SSI!!!!

Yay!

Amazing!

Apparently, Perry doesn't want the votes of senior citizens. I bet the RNC and Republican insiders in Washington are horrified.

What is he thinking??? There are so many of us baby boomers!!! And the first of the baby boomers turned 65 this year. I don't understand Perry's motives on this issue. I really don't.

It's a conservative thing really.

If you are not part of the elite..they want you fired at 50 and dead at 60.

Governor Jan Brewer showed them the way when she cut funding on 2 vital operations that killed 2 people.

THATS what conservatives want for America.

I don think conservative intend to pass policy that hurts or kills anyone, thats a little out there. However, its painfully obvious conservative American is in a fantasy circle jerk. Soon enough reality is fittin to smack them silly.

You read this thread and the input from the hyper-left nutters..........you'd think the GOP candidate is running against some icon Democrat.

Sheeeet..........even blacks are jumping ship at this point and more so....... Hispanics. Women support down almost 1/3.

Gallup: Obama Had Worst Month Ever in August | CNSnews.com

Obama clearly in the drivers seat............:2up:

On the debate........IM not much of a Romney guy, but after watching last night, Im convinced he's going to be the guy. Just conveys the most presence out there. If he does get the nomination, all he is going to have to do is show up next fall. And I'm laughing because the hyper-nutters are going to knock themselves out out for the next 15 months on this forum with thousands of posts that they think are going to matter.:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::coffee:

Last edited:
In a traditional Ponzi scheme, those who follow pay back those on the front end. At some point the scam artist takes the money and eventually the scheme revealed when there is not enough money to pay those who put money in.

In this sense Social Security IS a ponzi scheme, unless the government finds a way to put money back into Social Security. We are lucky enough to at least know what is going on and when the supposed end date is.

Forum List

Back