GOP Congressman quits Republican (trump) Party

Paul Mitchell has been a never-Trumper for a while, this isn't an earth shattering revelation. This term (2016-2022) was his first--and will be his last--term in Congress. He won it as an open seat when Candace Miller decided not to run for reelection (he actually moved to that district when that seat opened up, after losing his prior bids in his home district).

Bottom line, this isn't a harbinger of a paradigm shift in the political dynamic in that district, nor is this an unforeseen change in his own political predilections, as he had already announced last year that he won't be running in 2022 when his term ends ... because he didn't realize that the other Congressmen would be so mean and arguey and he doesn't like it.

I hope he is the first of many that see what a travesty this country is witnessing with a Mad Man that is obviously mentally lacking. He will whine and cry and hold his breath...but he will still need to be out of the White House on January 19th. I have spoken with several trump voters in the last few days that say, this is too much. He needs to go.
Likely not, unfortunately.

Agreed...I think the GOP needs to change their name to the Party of Trump....POT. I mean, they are worshipping this guy like he was another Messiah. I think they need to read some historical accounts on the rise of Adolph Hitler. That might open their eye...

Independents are growing in number due to those disgusted by both parties.

Lesson to be learned there...but doubt they'll change.

We need more independents.

We already have "independents." It's called the "Trump Party." We are the official political counter-culture who will no longer bow to the Republican or the Democrat establishment.

Did you miss that bus or something?
I assume you mean the short' bus, right?

1607996418950.png

I hope he is the first of many that see what a travesty this country is witnessing with a Mad Man that is obviously mentally lacking. He will whine and cry and hold his breath...but he will still need to be out of the White House on January 19th. I have spoken with several trump voters in the last few days that say, this is too much. He needs to go.
Nice to see a politician who can see that the country is more important than their political aspirations. These other Trump sheep are shameless cowards. Like Trump himself.

Such bravery

Dumped the GOP three weeks before the end of his term
You finally amused me.

Yes, the courageous lame duck really showed 'em. That's Lisa McClain's (R) district now - she beat the cum out of the mutt the Dims fielded.

Nobody's ever heard of..... what was his name again?

My opinion, if an elected official changed his party, he should be recalled and a new special election held. The people didn't vote for an him as an independent, they voted for him as a republican.

Either that, or, as an independent, he will vote exactly the same as before...in which case, why switch parties?

Time for a few Senators to abandon the Party of Trump.

Mitt are you listening?

Forum List

Back