GOP Candidates Circling Trump

But in all honesty, there are simply too many safeguards that will prevent the country from having to suffer a Trump administration.

1) Trump will not get the nomination. In the end, he will fail.
2) Even if #1 is wrong, he will not win a genera election.
3) Even if #2 is wrong, he will not long sit in the oval office. In incredible bipartisan support, mainstream Republicans in the House will quickly impeach Trump and his VP. The Senate will convict. Everyone will agree that they'd much rather prefer a President Paul Ryan.

Nobody can impeach a President simply because they don't like him or her.

In reality, the House can impeach the President for having bad hair, if they really wanted to. Impeachment is inherently a political tool. The constitution is so vague as to what is an impeachable offense that there is in fact no standard, save that the House chooses to impeach.

That being said, all Trump has to do is so much as whisper his nonsense about closing mosques and creating a database for Muslims, or just really about 85% of the rest of his "agenda," and he will easily be so dangerously close to violating his constitutional limitations that the House will easily have every bit of pretext necessary to impeach without impunity from the public.

Our establishment politicians make a lot of promises, but not a lot of deliveries.

So, therefore, we should believe an outsider who makes even more outlandish promises with even less chance of deliveries, i.e. build a wall Mexico will pay for, seize oil fields in ISIS held territories with few casualties to pay for wounded vets, etc., etc.

All these Trump supporters who believe this shit are dumber than a sack of hammers.

Our establishment politicians make a lot of promises, but not a lot of deliveries.

So, therefore, we should believe an outsider who makes even more outlandish promises with even less chance of deliveries, i.e. build a wall Mexico will pay for, seize oil fields in ISIS held territories with few casualties to pay for wounded vets, etc., etc.

All these Trump supporters who believe this shit are dumber than a sack of hammers.

I don't know if he will deliver. My crystal ball is only as good as yours. But what I do know is the establishment has a record of not delivering.

What I like about Trump is he doesn't care if he's elected or not, therefore doesn't care what he says. What he says he really means, and that's something you don't get from professional politicians.

Professional politicians are planned people. They know what they are going to say (and what they can't say) whether they believe what they say or not. Or for that matter, do what they say.

As I watch my country being eroded by lower wage foreign workers and slowly turning into a bilingual nation, I'm glad to see that there is somebody that will at least try to put it to a stop. And if he doesn't, we are no better off than we were with an establishment person.

Forum List

Back