GOP Backing Ukraine Now - 2 Years After OK'ing An Extortion Scheme Against It

Last edited:
View attachment 613767

Trump pushed a conspiracy theory spread by Russian intelligence and held up $391 million in military aid to Ukraine until its leader helped his reelection.

WASHINGTON – Congressional Republicans today are lining up to support military aid to Ukraine just two years after backing then-President Donald Trump’s extortion scheme against that country, apparently in acknowledgment that their earlier choices could come back to haunt them in this autumn’s midterms.

“I have zero problems with this phone call. There’s no quid pro quo here,” South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said on Sept. 29, 2019, defending Trump’s attempt to coerce Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy into smearing Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic challenger Trump most feared, by withholding military aid to Ukraine.

“This type of diplomacy is hard to watch but nonetheless has existed and hardly rises to an impeachable offense,” said South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds on Nov. 7, 2019.

In recent days, those same Republicans and many others have come around to urge Trump’s successor, Democrat Joe Biden, to provide more military assistance to Ukraine in the face of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin’s invasion.

“Vladimir Putin is a cold, calculating killer. We must continue to support the people of Ukraine as they defend their country,” Rounds wrote on Twitter on Feb. 25.

“I have never seen a leader rise to the occasion more than President @ZelenskyyUa has done,” Graham added a day later.

“You can see by the mad scramble to support Zelenskyy and Ukraine that they are afraid of the consequences of their past miscreance,” said Norm Ornstein, a scholar at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute.

Much more at the link...

GOP Backing Ukraine Now - 2 Years After OK’ing An Extortion Scheme Against It

Well, better late than never, I guess - for Ukraine's sake. What do you think?

DEFLECTION from the record high gas prices and Joe Biden’s complete inaction on Ukraine. Joe Biden and Kamala are a f’ing JOKE. Fair to say this administratoin has been an EPIC FAIL.

View attachment 613767

Trump pushed a conspiracy theory spread by Russian intelligence and held up $391 million in military aid to Ukraine until its leader helped his reelection.

WASHINGTON – Congressional Republicans today are lining up to support military aid to Ukraine just two years after backing then-President Donald Trump’s extortion scheme against that country, apparently in acknowledgment that their earlier choices could come back to haunt them in this autumn’s midterms.

“I have zero problems with this phone call. There’s no quid pro quo here,” South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said on Sept. 29, 2019, defending Trump’s attempt to coerce Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy into smearing Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic challenger Trump most feared, by withholding military aid to Ukraine.

“This type of diplomacy is hard to watch but nonetheless has existed and hardly rises to an impeachable offense,” said South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds on Nov. 7, 2019.

In recent days, those same Republicans and many others have come around to urge Trump’s successor, Democrat Joe Biden, to provide more military assistance to Ukraine in the face of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin’s invasion.

“Vladimir Putin is a cold, calculating killer. We must continue to support the people of Ukraine as they defend their country,” Rounds wrote on Twitter on Feb. 25.

“I have never seen a leader rise to the occasion more than President @ZelenskyyUa has done,” Graham added a day later.

“You can see by the mad scramble to support Zelenskyy and Ukraine that they are afraid of the consequences of their past miscreance,” said Norm Ornstein, a scholar at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute.

Much more at the link...

GOP Backing Ukraine Now - 2 Years After OK’ing An Extortion Scheme Against It

Well, better late than never, I guess - for Ukraine's sake. What do you think?
Lol, I bet he regrets for covering for Biden now.

We've all heard the tapes of Trump's Ukraine extortion.

Lol, nothing like Biden bragging on the news about extorting the leader of Ukraine. I bet he regrets that now.

1646969056073.png

Republicans are scared. They didn't count on Joe uniting the world.

Democrats talk tough on Russia but get flexible with Russia behind Americans backs.

Top Democrats on the intelligence committee sleep with Chinese spies and get a total pass.

We've all heard the tapes of Trump's Ukraine extortion.

That would be Biden's extortion.

We all read the transcripts of Trumps call and know you Nazi traitors are fucking liars.

Biden is corrupt - IMPEACH TRUMP.

Fucking Nazis.....

Zelenskyy said there was no extortion.

Zelensky said there was "no blackmail" because he refused Trump's demands. Zelensky REFUSED repeatedly to discuss this subject or to involve himself in American politics, because at the end of the day, he needed to stay on Trump's good side to get the weapons he needed.

“There was no blackmail,” he said.

“We are not servants. We are an independent country.”

Nowhere does he deny the attempt by Trump.

You are a clueless and stupid buffoon to believe Republicans. No wonder you have no job, no money, and no future.

Zelensky said there was "no blackmail" because he refused Trump's demands. Zelensky REFUSED repeatedly to discuss this subject or to involve himself in American politics, because at the end of the day, he needed to stay on Trump's good side to get the weapons he needed.

“There was no blackmail,” he said.

“We are not servants. We are an independent country.”

Nowhere does he deny the attempt by Trump.

You are a clueless and stupid buffoon to believe Republicans. No wonder you have no job, no money, and no future.

You think your dishonest editing is clever?

Here is the transcript of the call, so one of you fucking Nazis feel free to show quid pro quo in it.

You are lying vermin.

Forum List

Back