GOP and Tech Leaders Hold Secret Meeting to Stop Trump

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

Gathering took place at a private island resort over the weekend

Silicon Valley may be a bastion of liberals, but the threat of a Donald Trump presidency had some of technology’s biggest names meeting behind closed doors with members of the Republican elite.

Apple CEO Tim Cook, Google co-founder and Alphabet CEO Larry Page, billionaire Facebook investor Sean Parker and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Muskmet with GOP officials last weekend to talk about stopping the mogul-turned-reality-star from becoming president, according to a report by The Huffington Post, citing people familiar with the event.

“There was much unhappiness about his emergence, a good deal of talk, some of it insightful and thoughtful, about why he’s done so well, and many expressions of hope that he would be defeated,” Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol wrote in an emailed report that the Huffington Post obtained and that borrowed from unlikely source material — Karl Marx’s “The Communist Manifesto.”

Attendees included Republican strategist Karl Rove, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, New York Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger and Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, who also had a tense debate with Apple’s Cook over the company’s fight with the FBI over a terrorist’s locked iPhone.

I am so angry that the wealthiest individuals are trying to commandeer the election this year! The Dems are expected to run roughshod over their members who do not agree with the establishment, not the Republicans. I wish someone would organize boycotts of Apple, Facebook, Tesla and vote out all GOP incumbents who have an Independent running against them.

Vote for Trump!

I am so angry that the wealthiest individuals are trying to commandeer the election this year! The Dems are expected to run roughshod over their members who do not agree with the establishment, not the Republicans. I wish someone would organize boycotts of Apple, Facebook, Tesla and vote out all GOP incumbents who have an Independent running against them.

Vote for Trump!

Harlan K. Ullman, a shrewd American analyst, once noted that there used to be two parties in America – one had a conscience but no brains, and the other always had brains but no conscience. Now, Ullman notes, we have two completely identical parties with no brains and no conscience, and he questions the meaning of their existence.

America Forever?

He's given different answers from what I've seen, so who knows. I do believe the tech companies will fight long and hard for their cheap labor.

You mean the same cheap labor Trump uses in Mehico and China for his clothing line?

Forum List

Back