Goodbye, Pride Month

No. That is an absolute lie.

I have not demanded that anyone think any way. I have simply suggested that people who rant against these celebrations mind their own business. You can think any way you want. But the constant berating of gays because they do not conform to YOUR ideals is where the true bigotry lies.
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

I’m not sure why you guys are so obsessed with pride parades.

Seems like you guys go out of your way to look for them and get upset about them.

Semantics aside….At the root, aren’t you really celebrating the notion of two men buttfucking eachother?
Lets be honest.

Honestly? No.

Celebrating people being able to be in love and not have to hide it? Yes.
Celebrating people being who they are, without fear? Yes.
Celebrating a society that allows all people to live and thrive? Yes.

What so many cannot fathom is that it is not all about the sex. It is about 2 people in love.

The last time a gay person has been punished??
The left want to pretend, no... NEED... to pretend that gays are treated like subhuman scum.
They most certainly are not. At all. And those isolated incidents of it do not outnumber any other people who are made fun of.
Simply true.

It was over 240 years ago when this country was last owned by another. We celebrate our freedom every year.
It was over 150 years ago that people were owned like livestock. We celebrate the end of that institution every year.

Have things changed drastically for homosexuals in the last few decades? Absolutely.
Should we stop any celebration of those changes? Absolutely not.

Honestly? No.

Celebrating people being able to be in love and not have to hide it? Yes.
Celebrating people being who they are, without fear? Yes.
Celebrating a society that allows all people to live and thrive? Yes.

What so many cannot fathom is that it is not all about the sex. It is about 2 people in love.
I remember talking to my gay co-worker about the behavior of the gay men of Capitol Hill in Seattle, otherwise known as The Swish Alps.

The restrooms at Volunteer Park were a hookup spot where guys could go and have sex and often never even know the name of the person you were having sex with.

When I asked my friend how often this happened, he just rolled his eyes.

Another friend and I were in the park one day and she was taking photos, and wanted to take some from the observation deck at the top of the water tower. I warned her that she might not be happy with what she saw, but she made me climb all those stairs with her, and what we found was about 30 used condoms.

"People in love".

The last time a gay person has been punished??
The left want to pretend, no... NEED... to pretend that gays are treated like subhuman scum.
They most certainly are not. At all. And those isolated incidents of it do not outnumber any other people who are made fun of.
Simply true.
The victimhood junkies are never going to be happy until they're martyred and dead. All the payback in the world is never enough.

I remember talking to my gay co-worker about the behavior of the gay men of Capitol Hill in Seattle, otherwise known as The Swish Alps.

The restrooms at Volunteer Park were a hookup spot where guys could go and have sex and often never even know the name of the person you were having sex with.

Another friend and I were in the park one day and she was taking photos, and wanted to take some from the observation deck at the top of the water tower. I warned her that she might not be happy with what she saw, but she made me climb all those stairs with her, and what we found was about 30 used condoms.

"People in love".

And I know straight men who will pay a prostitute for a blowjob in the alley. That does not mean all straight men do it.
Straight men will put drugs in an unsuspecting woman's drink to render her unable to say 'No'. That does not mean all straight men do it.

Yes, people in love.

And I know straight men who will pay a prostitute for a blowjob in the alley. That does not mean all straight men do it.
Straight men will put drugs in an unsuspecting woman's drink to render her unable to say 'No'. That does not mean all straight men do it.

Yes, people in love.
Talk to me when you have lived in an apartment directly above a leather bar.

It was over 240 years ago when this country was last owned by another. We celebrate our freedom every year.
It was over 150 years ago that people were owned like livestock. We celebrate the end of that institution every year.

Have things changed drastically for homosexuals in the last few decades? Absolutely.
Should we stop any celebration of those changes? Absolutely not.
Awesome, but that is not what is happening
Pride month isn't about celebrating equality. It is about shoving it in everyone's face for 30 days.
It adds to homophobia if anything. It annoys and aggravates people who otherwise have no problem at all with the normal gays who just want to live their lives like everyone else.
If you want to celebrate sexual preferences, then it should include all preferences. Hetero also. But then all we would be doing is celebrating sex at that point. Yeah. No better.
There should be no pride month. Because there is no straight month.
I like equality.

The victimhood junkies are never going to be happy until they're martyred and dead.

Matthew Shephard would be in his mid-40s, if he had lived. He was 21 when he was murdered. It is not ancient history.

Lawrence v. Texas struck down the laws that forbade consensual sex between people of the same gender. That happened in 2003. It is not ancient history.

Awesome, but that is not what is happening
Pride month isn't about celebrating equality. It is about shoving it in everyone's face for 30 days.
It adds to homophobia if anything. It annoys and aggravates people who otherwise have no problem at all with the normal gays who just want to live their lives like everyone else.
If you want to celebrate sexual preferences, then it should include all preferences. Hetero also. But then all we would be doing is celebrating sex at that point. Yeah. No better.
There should be no pride month. Because there is no straight month.
I like equality.

Every month is "straight month". Straights are allowed public displays of affection. Straights are allowed, even encouraged to marry the person they love.

"People in love".
Right. Because only gay people have promiscuous sex. :rolleyes:

Every month is "straight month". Straights are allowed public displays of affection. Straights are allowed, even encouraged to marry the person they love.
Yeah?
Gay people do it too.
PDA is not very common, except for the young and newly acquainted.
And gay people get married everyday...so not sure where you get that.
Like I say it is 2022, not 1972

It is truly sad that so many people think they get to decide morality for everyone else.
Sorry, WB, but only God decides morality and homosexuality is by HIS definition a Sin. By Nature's definition, a PERVERSION. A disease-laden, socially-unacceptable, morally depraved act of debauchery. But I accept that some guys actually PREFER to stick their dicks up some guys dirty infected ass, I just don't like it and don't want to know about it nor have it SHOVED IN MY FACE.

Yeah, Pride celebrations are not for everyone.
Certainly not for children.

But when a group of people are no longer beaten, murdered, fired, banned and have their children taken away because of who they love, I see plenty to celebrate.
Homos cannot have children, but otherwise I generally agree. It was a real tragedy how one of the world's greatest code-breakers, a man who literally saved WWII by breaking the german code and who pioneered early computer technology, a brilliant, great man, was literally driven to SUICIDE by drugs and hounding by the English government because he simply admitted he was homosexual.

The easiest thing to do would be to mind your own business.
I'd love to but the media and gays just simply won't stop shoving this detestable gross behavior in everyone's faces! If you want to be gay, that's YOUR gig, just keep it to yourself just as I don't shove MY gig in YOUR face.

Yeah?
Gay people do it too.
PDA is not very common, except for the young and newly acquainted.
And gay people get married everyday...so not sure where you get that.
Like I say it is 2022, not 1972

And I keep saying shit happened a LOT more recently than 1972.

And yes, gay people get married every day. And none of them are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary yet.

Forum List

Back