Good News, At Least 160 confederate Monuments Were Finally Removed In 2020

How many statues must be removed before slavery never happened?

How is removing statues erasing slavery?
Beats me. I'm not the one wanting to remove statues.

But you are the one who posted the Post Hoc fallacy.
It's sitting right there above.

How come you did that Dave?

Huh Dave?
It's not me wanting to erase history, Skippy. And we know why you want to do that. You leftists simply can't help it.

I ain't 'rewriting' jack shit. Actually the only clown rewriting here is post 109. I just challenged him on it.
I bet the house he runs away. You in or what?

Hey, maybe daveman might want a piece of this action. He read about the "major and important Civil War battle at Stone Mountain" and clicked and 'Agree" on it. Let's see what he does.
Don't you feel utterly impotent when you bark orders and no one rushes to obey?

You should.

So no idea huh Dave.

How come you clicked an "Agree" on a post about a battle that was total bullshit, Dave?

Huh Dave?
How you gonna put the mountain in a museum? Are you going to just build walls around the entire mountain?

See Dave? You're doing it again.

Didn't nobody say nothing about putting no mountain in no museum Dave. Why you lie?

I ain't 'rewriting' jack shit. Actually the only clown rewriting here is post 109. I just challenged him on it.

Hey, maybe daveman might want a piece of this action. He read about the "major and important Civil War battle at Stone Mountain" and clicked and 'Agree" on it. Let's see what he does.

You should.

So no idea huh Dave.

How come you clicked an "Agree" on a post about a battle that was total bullshit, Dave?

Huh Dave?
How you gonna put the mountain in a museum? Are you going to just build walls around the entire mountain?

Didn't nobody say nothing about putting no mountain in no museum Dave. Why you lie?
This thread is full of leftists claiming they don't want to destroy monuments, they just want to put them in museums.

How you gonna do that?

You should.

So no idea huh Dave.

Huh Dave?

This thread is full of leftists claiming they don't want to destroy monuments, they just want to put them in museums.

How you gonna do that?

I don't believe I've brought up "museums" Dave. Not even bigly ones that could fit a mountain. You see Dave, what I've been posting about is the background of what these monuments ARE, who and what put them there, and what their purpose was IN putting them where they put them.

I do understand that many have been moved to museums, or cemeteries, or in some storage waiting for whatever eventual resting place is decided. Some have been taken back by the UDC. But that's not up to me or you. It's up to that city, town, municipality or state that removed the artifact from its PUBLIC land. What they do with each one, that's up to them. It was up to the city of Charlottesville when that city removed stuff. It was up to the city of New Orleans when that city did. And so on. Amazingly enough my associates in New Orleans assure me that the city is still standing.

Huh Dave?
It's not me wanting to erase history, Skippy. And we know why you want to do that. You leftists simply can't help it.

Nobody wants to "erase history", Peanutbutter. That's not what this thread is about.
What it is about is idols. Graven images in the biblical sense. Or as I like to call it --- propaganda.

You should.

So no idea huh Dave.

Huh Dave?

How you gonna do that?

I don't believe I've brought up "museums" Dave. Not even bigly ones that could fit a mountain. You see Dave, what I've been posting about is the background of what these monuments ARE, who and what put them there, and what their purpose was IN putting them where they put them.

I do understand that many have been moved to museums, or cemeteries, or in some storage waiting for whatever eventual resting place is decided. Some have been taken back by the UDC. But that's not up to me or you. It's up to that city, town, municipality or state that removed the artifact from its PUBLIC land. What they do with each one, that's up to them. It was up to the city of Charlottesville when that city removed stuff. It was up to the city of New Orleans when that city did. And so on. Amazingly enough my associates in New Orleans assure me that the city is still standing.
You sure do feel like you get to dictate all the facts.

Huh Dave?

Nobody wants to "erase history", Peanutbutter. That's not what this thread is about.
What it is about is idols. Graven images in the biblical sense. Or as I like to call it --- propaganda.
Ooooh, look, a leftist demonstrating his ignorance of Biblical concepts.

Must be a day ending in Y.

Good News, At Least 160 confederate Monuments Were Finally Removed In 2020

I'm very happy to read about this. I hope it continues.

All of those monuments and statues should be in a museum where they belong.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Bad News......

500 Marxist statutes have been erected in their place

You're "Very Happy" about this too no doubt

One can only wonder when the cancel culture starts going after statues and monuments of those you like and agree with will it still be a good thing. Things like cancel culture are like a boulder rolling downhil when it starts it's very hard to stop and it doesn't care who it takes out along the way.

I'm very happy to read about this. I hope it continues.

All of those monuments and statues should be in a museum where they belong.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Only Nazis and commies would be happy about removing history. You libtards are so friggin stupid.

Once AGAIN for the stupids ---- monuments are NOT where we keep history. BOOKS are where we keep history. Nothing changed about that.

Monuments are where we REWRITE history, if so inclined, which is what these particular monuments tried to do, and succeeded for too long. Why don't you tell the class what sort of folks would be UNhappy that the REWRITE was undone.
Bull! Monuments record history same as books do and books can be written in an attempt to rewrite the history recorded by monuments just as easily as the other way around. Fact is both are made by people and sometimes people either lie or do not know the truth and record something else. You're all about agenda; not history and not truth. You desperately search for excuses.

Uhhhmmmm.... I ain't the asshat who just made up a fictitious "very important battle" that never happened, Gummo, so which one of us is "desperate"?
No, you're the asshat who thinks all of history in some way pertains to slavery even though it was abolished long ago.
And I "made up" nothing". I confused similar place names.

"All history" in no way pertains to slavery. You made that up just like you made up the "Battle of Stone Mountain". You know, the one that "deserves to be remembered".

If something "deserves to be remembered" how is it you can't remember it?
Did I not keep it simple enough for even you to understand? The battles of Stones River and Lookout Mountain were indeed important battles that happened near by. The carving on Stone Mountain to is commemorate the Confederacy and the the War in the West that took place along the logistically important railways and river systems running from Nashville Tn. through Atlanta Ga. I provided links knowing your aversion to looking at history that actually happened rather than making up your own as you go along. Neither the battles nor the carving had anything to do with slavery.

You sat on this board claiming a "very important battle" took place at Stone Mountain, where "many men died" and "deserve to be remembered". AGAIN if you claim to be all about history HOW did you pull that out of your ass? How can you "remember" battle deaths that never happened?

Again, neither of those sites is near Stone Mountain, I DON'T NEED your links to know your Battle of Stone Mountain never happened, and I didn't claim Stone Mountain OR those battles had anything to do with slavery, other than being associated with the Confederacy. What I DID say in bringing up Stone Mountain was that it was the site of the re-founding of the Ku Klux Klan in 1915, and that the UDC commemorated it with the relief sculpture, hiring a rabid Klanner to do it, just as they also commemorated the building at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee, the birthplace of the first Ku Klux Klan in 1865.

Those are facts. I was aware I knew more history than you do, I guess I didn't realize I know WAY more.

And the relevance of all that to this thread is that the UDC is the same group that ran around frantically erecting statues and monuments on public land, AND spent even more energy rewriting school history textbooks, ALL in the name of Propaganda. The propaganda of the Cult of the Lost Cause.
And the relevance of all that to this thread is that the UDC is the same group that ran around frantically erecting statues and monuments on public land, AND spent even more energy rewriting school history textbooks, ALL in the name of Propaganda. The propaganda of the Cult of the Lost Cause.

If the Daughters of the Confederacy did anything other than good works I am unaware of them and you have certainly not presented any evidence of such. Statues and monuments may commemorate something you don't like or don't agree with but they are not propaganda.
Many of the monuments that were torn down had absolutely nothing to do with the Confederacy or slavery. Far more a matter of "political correctness" than history or propaganda.

Huh Dave?

I doubt you know anything about the Bible being a commie lib.

Huh Dave?

That's what this thread is about

Huh Dave?

Really? Whose propaganda? "Graven images"=propaganda? Propaganda at it's most ignorant from you.

One can only wonder when the cancel culture starts going after statues and monuments of those you like and agree with will it still be a good thing. Things like cancel culture are like a boulder rolling downhil when it starts it's very hard to stop and it doesn't care who it takes out along the way.
Well, they've already gone after any historical figure that had slaves. Some statues of the Founders have had movements to remove them.

Ultimately, I don't really care whose statue gets removed from the public square as long as it's not a matter of destroying them. That being said, if the majority of people in a given area want to destroy them, then it is their decision if it is publicly owned by them.

All white people must be eradicated. Like in current TV commercials.

Let's be fair.

Caucasians are still in almost every commercial.

Their role is to be paired with ladies and gentlemen of other "backgrounds."

The commercials show us what a paradise this will become once we eradicate all racism.
The commercials are there to sell products. I have had quite enough of the black experienced forced on me so I ignore commercials with blacks. I don't see them. Therefore I don't see the product advertised. If a company wants to market to me they will have to do better. That's commercisls.

Are Trumpsters tired of winning yet?
What does Trump have to do with Confederate statues?

People in favor of keeping confederate monuments are almost all going to be Trumpsters.

I’m asking if they’re tired of winning.
Perhaps, but they likely comprise a small contingent of those who voted for Trump overall. I only know 1 or 2 Trump supporters in real life that care about this sort of thing.

What most people seem to be worried about is where it goes from here. As I mentioned in another post, there seems to be a mentality of expanding which statues should be taken down. Taking down a statue of General Lee is one thing. Taking down a statue of Jefferson is quite another, even though he did have many slaves.

Perhaps, but they likely comprise a small contingent of those who voted for Trump overall. I only know 1 or 2 Trump supporters in real life that care about this sort of thing.

The ones in this thread who care about it are almost all Trunpsters.

Forum List

Back