Good for Pennsylvania

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
The new democrat governor of Pennsylvania has proposed his first budget and guess what he wants, you got it more of your money. He proposes raising the sales tax 10 percent. Now to me that isn't going to make or break me. But for my kids raising children and living in this Obama world it is just one more straw on the camels back. Of course he says he is doing it for the kids. In PA the schools are funded, mostly, by property tax that isn't changing.

Good for PA they get what they deserve. Unfortunately they drag the rest of us down with them.

Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf proposed a $29.9 billion budget on Tuesday that includes $2.5 billion of net tax increases for fiscal 2016.

Wolf's sweeping revamp of the state's tax system would raise sales and personal income taxes while lowering property and corporate taxes, he said during his address to lawmakers.

Wolf proposed hiking Pennsylvania's personal income tax rate to 3.70 percent from the current 3.07 percent while cutting property taxes by $1,000 annually for the average homeowner, he said.

Pennsylvania governor proposes tax system revamp in 29.9 billion budget - Yahoo News

So the PA governor is proposing to lower the taxes on property and business and increasing the taxes on consumption.

The higher income tax is not cool, but is this guy a conservative, by any chance?

Wolf also wants to save nearly $1.3 billion over the next five years by reducing "excessive fees to Wall Street managers" for the state's public pension system.

"Simply investing this money in a safe, conservative account would produce a similar return over the long term," he said.

Sounds good to me.

Wolf isn't going to get this budget and he knows that. It's basically an overly aggressive wish list with the hopes that the GOP legislature will bargain down with him so he still gets what he wants.

So the PA governor is proposing to lower the taxes on property and business and increasing the taxes on consumption.

The higher income tax is not cool, but is this guy a conservative, by any chance?

Do you really think this is a break even proposition? That the sales tax is going to offset a cut in property tax? Really? And if it does what does that give the most incentive, to work or not work? He is also proposing removing some exemptions to sales tax, another blow to the working poor.

No, he is a liberal through and through, elected by Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

And Punctuate this....

Love your links.
And his punctuation.

Been seeing this tactic a lot where a typo or grammar is focused on in lieu of actually giving an opinion on the subject. Do you want people looking at all your posts with a critical eye and focus on grammar instead of trying to understand the point you are making?

Higher taxes usually push tax payers out of the state. We've seen this before. States are having trouble staying within their budgets and higher taxes don't seem to help. Despite taking more and more money from people, states continue to slide into deeper debt, much like the federal government.

Rarely do the taxes go where they are promised. Taking more taxes for education often means that teacher's union coffers are being shored up and there will be no difference for the students.

Democrats claim with every tax increase that it is for the children or for the greater good. Using the tried and true Alinsky tactic of making slaves out of the people for the sake of their own good. It's a lie.

The left hates Scott Walker because he has helped Wisconsin by instilling anti-liberal policies. Meanwhile, the left praises states led by Dems no matter how big of a mess they are in.

In Iowa, they just raised the gas tax to cover the cost of repairing roads and other infrastructure. Somehow, I don't expect to see the repairs made in the next couple years despite them taking enough to cover most of them. The money will get used for other programs, like it always does.

States that have higher taxes have a constant hemorrhage of tax payers and businesses leaving for more friendly states.

Taxes are going up. Prices are going up. Wages are not going up. What could possibly go wrong?

Love your links.
And his punctuation.

Been seeing this tactic a lot where a typo or grammar is focused on in lieu of actually giving an opinion on the subject. Do you want people looking at all your posts with a critical eye and focus on grammar instead of trying to understand the point you are making?

It's impossible to give, or have, an opinion on a story when the story doesn't even exist.

Do you really think this is a break even proposition? That the sales tax is going to offset a cut in property tax? Really? And if it does what does that give the most incentive, to work or not work? He is also proposing removing some exemptions to sales tax, another blow to the working poor.

No, he is a liberal through and through, elected by Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

And Punctuate this....

A sales tax is a tax on consumption. The more you tax something, the less of it you get. So a tax on consumption is preferable to a tax on production.

A property tax is a tax on production, as is a tax on business. So decreasing these is a good thing.

An income tax is a tax on production as well, which is why I said a higher income tax is not cool.

The good thing about a sales tax is that it taxes everyone and not just property owners. It taxes everyone who uses roads and bridges and other government services. So there's that going for it.

The downside of a sales tax is that it is regressive, which is why I prefer a Fair Tax.

As for exemptions to a sales tax, that perfectly confirms what I have said about tax expenditures time and time and time and time again on this forum. No matter what tax scheme you have, it will be utterly corrupted if you do not ban tax expenditures.

No one ever seems to get that. And here we have a blinding example of what I mean.

And Punctuate this....

A sales tax is a tax on consumption. The more you tax something, the less of it you get. So a tax on consumption is preferable to a tax on production.

A property tax is a tax on production, as is a tax on business. So decreasing these is a good thing.

An income tax is a tax on production as well, which is why I said a higher income tax is not cool.

The good thing about a sales tax is that it taxes everyone and not just property owners. It taxes everyone who uses roads and bridges and other government services. So there's that going for it.

The downside of a sales tax is that it is regressive, which is why I prefer a Fair Tax.

As for exemptions to a sales tax, that perfectly confirms what I have said about tax expenditures time and time and time and time again on this forum. No matter what tax scheme you have, it will be utterly corrupted if you do not ban tax expenditures.

No one ever seems to get that. And here we have a blinding example of what I mean.

I am not sure what you mean by corrupt? The tax exception is available to all and it covers necessities such as food and clothing. I can't think of a better way to help the poor then to discount food and clothing 6 percent.

Whow come to think about it, if his stealing more money goes through then those things will be discounted 6.6 percent. Which helps the border city and towns along with the poor.

Forum List

Back