Good example why unions are bad

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
The left has this belief unions are awesome because they do stuff and stuff like that, all so money that would go into the employee's pocket ends up with the unions instead.

Unions are a gimmick and guess what, they make wealthy people wealthier, because they borrow against the assets for their own projects, ask me how I know.

Anyway, here's a fine example how unions suck so badly. 30K union workers demand Biden forgives student debt, which is code for those who paid their debt get to pay twice because others are bums & get that shit free. So "We are wanting to let him know that unions have demands on him'"

Last edited:
The only unions I support are police unions because police need extra protection.

Remember, cops mostly deal with the shittiest people in society. They constantly file bogus complaints about arresting officers, even about jailers when they go to jail. Like all criminals, when they are caught they are never mad at themselves or blame themselves for breaking the law. No they turn their anger towards the ones who enforce the law, like how if a kid gets in trouble and when their parents punsih them they are mad at the parents for ounsihing them. We have seen what happens in blue areas when you cut back on cops or stop allowing them to do their jobs fully.

But on the whole, unions are a terrible terrible thing. Unions were a necessary thing a long long time ago when workers were used and abused. But now we have federal laws protecting workers and unions only exist to make money for themselves. What easier job could there be where you sit on your ass and people who actually work have to pay you union dues out of their paycheck they worked for? And if they work somewhere with a union you don't have a choice but to give them money, you either pay them or quit.

We should start with teachers unions, they hide way too many bad eggs.

The only unions I support are police unions because police need extra protection.

Remember, cops mostly deal with the shittiest people in society. They constantly file bogus complaints about arresting officers, even about jailers when they go to jail. Like all criminals, when they are caught they are never mad at themselves or blame themselves for breaking the law. No they turn their anger towards the ones who enforce the law, like how if a kid gets in trouble and when their parents punsih them they are mad at the parents for ounsihing them. We have seen what happens in blue areas when you cut back on cops or stop allowing them to do their jobs fully.

But on the whole, unions are a terrible terrible thing. Unions were a necessary thing a long long time ago when workers were used and abused. But now we have federal laws protecting workers and unions only exist to make money for themselves. What easier job could there be where you sit on your ass and people who actually work have to pay you union dues out of their paycheck they worked for? And if they work somewhere with a union you don't have a choice but to give them money, you either pay them or quit.

the majority of benefits people have are because of unions...not the company itself.....were i worked you did not have to join the union and yet you still got all the benefits the union got us...the place i worked sure as hell didnt want to give us what we had..

What's next? Home loans? Car loans? Business loans? WTF, why don't we just cancel all existing loans, nobody on the Left seems to care about obligations and responsibility.

What I really want to know is, who the fuck is a union to demand our govt. forgive loans never mind get involved? Demonstrates how pathetic they are though, that's for certain, they'd sell off their grandma's for appearances if it helped their bottom line.

How about we follow through with that bullshit when the unions reimburse everyone who has already paid for college, fair enough, let's all be stupid.

As I see it, unions are on par with companies, corporations, and industries, PACs, and special interest groups to support politicians and parties the same as individuals are. This is America, free speech and all that. Maybe the members of that union have a lotta people who have student loans to pay off, but I wonder how the other members who don't have student loans feel about that. A loan is a legal contract, you get money an agree to pay it back and I don't see any difference between that and any other loan or contract. What other loans will we pay off next? IMHO, what we really have here is a backdoor to redistribution of wealth, but the problem is that too much of that wealth isn't going to the low income people, it's going from the taxpayers to the upper class.

As I see it, unions are on par with companies, corporations, and industries, PACs, and special interest groups to support politicians and parties the same as individuals are. This is America, free speech and all that. Maybe the members of that union have a lotta people who have student loans to pay off, but I wonder how the other members who don't have student loans feel about that. A loan is a legal contract, you get money an agree to pay it back and I don't see any difference between that and any other loan or contract. What other loans will we pay off next? IMHO, what we really have here is a backdoor to redistribution of wealth, but the problem is that too much of that wealth isn't going to the low income people, it's going from the taxpayers to the upper class.

My nephew and niece just paid off theirs after many years. My nephew commented "If the government pays off current student debt, how is that fair to me for all the years I cut here and cut there to make sure my loans were paid?"

His father is not in any union, but I can tell you what he'd say about this if it ever came true.

What I really want to know is, who the fuck is a union to demand our govt. forgive loans never mind get involved? Demonstrates how pathetic they are though, that's for certain, they'd sell off their grandma's for appearances if it helped their bottom line.

How about we follow through with that bullshit when the unions reimburse everyone who has already paid for college, fair enough, let's all be stupid.

And if this country nearly 30 trillion in debt reimbursed students who did pay off their own loans, how many years do we go back to do it?

Actually all government unions.

Unions were okay when workers had less rights as you pointed out. But as they became larger they also started taking over the companies they had members in. They took over who gets hired and who gets fired, who gets promoted, what kind of money and benefits the company will provide.

The demise of unions was not an act of Ronald Reagan. The demise of unions were themselves. A company cannot be successful putting people in more important and responsible positions because of union tenure. They need to advance the right people to those jobs based on their performance and ability to do those jobs.

As a retired truck driver I could just about write a book on my union experiences. My last employer quit delivering to the auto plants because he couldn't afford to tie up a driver for six hours for a job that took any non-union worker a half-hour to do. My experience with the UAW is also why I started buying Japanese cars 20 years ago and still buy them today.

The left has this belief unions are awesome because they do stuff and stuff like that, all so money that would go into the employee's pocket ends up with the unions instead.

Unions are a gimmick and guess what, they make wealthy people wealthier, because they borrow against the assets for their own projects, ask me how I know.

Anyway, here's a fine example how unions suck so badly. 30K union workers demand Biden forgives student debt, which is code for those who paid their debt get to pay twice because others are bums & get that shit free. So "We are wanting to let him know that unions have demands on him'"

Unions can be good and they can be bad. Just like anything else really. Just in the US everything seems to go bad. Corruption, lining your own pocket, it just says "Modern America"

New Topics

Forum List

Back