Good Deals

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
We need a thread for them.

This just came today:

Premium Whetstone Sharpening Kit, 2 Side Grit 1000/6000 Waterstone - Professional Grade Whetstone Set with Knife Sharpening Angle Guide and Non-Slip Bamboo Base (White/Green)

Really good quality. I'm blown away that it's only $15. Two grits, 1000 & 6000, bamboo base, silicone non-slip. In fact, I paid $14, but it went up a buck from last week.

1644369012595.png

I bought it for my new Global Chef knives, which are also a good deal at around $80 for a Chef or Santoku knife. These are what Anthony Bourdain used, and many chefs today have switched to. Straight edge instead of beveled.

Last edited:

This just came today:

Premium Whetstone Sharpening Kit, 2 Side Grit 1000/6000 Waterstone - Professional Grade Whetstone Set with Knife Sharpening Angle Guide and Non-Slip Bamboo Base (White/Green)

Really good quality. I'm blown away that it's only $15. Two grits, 1000 & 6000, bamboo base, silicone non-slip. In fact, I paid $14, but it went up a buck from last week.

View attachment 599033

I bought it for my new Global Chef knives, which are also a good deal at around $80 for a Chef or Santoku knife. These are what Anthony Bourdain used, and many chefs today have switched to. Straight edge instead of beveled.
Thanks. Got a similar set last year at a similar price...They really work well.

About half the time I post a good deal the thread gets removed. I've started to frame the threads as discussions to keep them from violating whatever rule a deal-spot violates. I assume it's one of the "no selling" type rules.

Maybe flacaltenn can give us a ruling on what's allowed.

This just came today:

View attachment 599033

but it went up a buck from last week.

Thank you Biden inflation!!!

About half the time I post a good deal the thread gets removed. I've started to frame the threads as discussions to keep them from violating whatever rule a deal-spot violates. I assume it's one of the "no selling" type rules.

Ah, yet ANOTHER rule I've probably violated. :lol:

I think as long as you don't have a stake in the sale it shouldn't be any biggie.

I just bought this for $100:
View attachment 599077
No issues with it? Did you buy it off of reverb.com? I saw an identical for $249, in only 'good' condition. $100 is a helluva deal. I haven't played one yet but they have some fat sounds. I've always liked Korg synths, but not necessarily their romplers or digital pianos. I had their $4,000 arranger for a week and sent it back.

Sweet. What is it?
It's a $400 monophonic (you can only play one note at a time - no chords) synthesizer, with a couple of oscillators and filters, similar in sound to old-timey MiniMoog synths and ARP Odyssey. Great for those fat, low synth bass lines on funk songs like Tear Tha Roof Off Tha Sucker and Stevie Wonders' Boogie On Reggae Woman.

No issues with it? Did you buy it off of reverb.com? I saw an identical for $249, in only 'good' condition. $100 is a helluva deal. I haven't played one yet but they have some fat sounds. I've always liked Korg synths, but not necessarily their romplers or digital pianos. I had their $4,000 arranger for a week and sent it back.
Not Reverb, but a local guy who scours craigslist and FB marketplace. Works great, but is missing the battery cover. Replacements are only $5 from Korg, but on backorder. Fun to play with, but I’m a string guy. I recently picked up a digitech SDRUM that’s pretty cool, too.

There's mod actions on some maybe, but they get ALERTED automatically by the filters (what I called the robo-mod). And we're so used to just spamming them because we get literally HUNDREDS of spambombs a day.

Best advice is dont list the MANUFACTURER or specific product in the Title or Opost. Just use generic names like knives, guns, leaf blowers. I can't think of how to hide some things like edible lingerie, fake diplomas, Nigerian Princes that you know or dysfunction meds. All those key word filters are armed up pretty well.

LOL...

And contact a couple mods if it happens. We MIGHT be able to retrieve it from the infinite dumpster that never gets emptied.

US Stove 900 Square Foot wood stove at Lowe's for $192.

Screenshot_20220317-221935.png

Google Search at Google... "US Stove 900 Square Foot Lowes" and see if you get that ad.

If you do... click the ad... even if it comes up a different price (mine comes up $349)... When I went to Lowe's it came up in there handheld at the $192.

I bought one today in Springfield.

Screenshot_20220317-223231.png

191.87 minus a 5% discount on my Lowe's card.

Not sure if this is nationwide deal... Google knows where I live.

Good luck...

As an aside...2x3x8s were six bucks each... Good effin grief...

New sale week at Publix features 10 cans of Bush's beans for $10. Many varieties. Even Walmart charges at least $1.29 per can. I use 6 cans of their Black Beans every time I make Black Beans and Rice, which is about every 2 weeks.

Thursday thru next Wednesday.

US Stove 900 Square Foot wood stove at Lowe's for $192.

View attachment 617557

Google Search at Google... "US Stove 900 Square Foot Lowes" and see if you get that ad.

If you do... click the ad... even if it comes up a different price (mine comes up $349)... When I went to Lowe's it came up in there handheld at the $192.

I bought one today in Springfield.

View attachment 617567

191.87 minus a 5% discount on my Lowe's card.

Not sure if this is nationwide deal... Google knows where I live.

Good luck...

As an aside...2x3x8s were six bucks each... Good effin grief...
aaaaghhhhh, those wood stoves remind me of my youth when I had to get up and start a wood fire before school......chopping wood was not so bad , helped me release a lot teen frustration

Forum List

Back