Golf Stories

I don't really have any. Tried it a bunch of times when I was younger. Other than drinking and peeing outside, I wasn't very good at any part of it. No idea why some folks are so fucking obsessed with it.
There is plenty of money to be made on the course in way of bets. The thing I dislike about golf is after 5k in earning you haft to get a PGA card. I will win this much in first couple of months then I am just playing for a trophie. It is the hardest sport to learn in my opinion. Took me about two years to become a scratch bowler. After a life time of golf I come in under par maybe two three times a year. It is a big chalenge is the draw along with the nature the courses provide. They are pretty places to spend a day and also a healthy place to spend a day.
That's awesome! One of my goals in retirement is to get to a 0 handicap. I'm a 6 now and I have lots of promising rounds and then I fuck up and bogey from 50 yards off the green or something dumb like that. How much do you practice your short game? Is that the key, I'm starting to think it is.
The very first drill I was taught is I take six balls and distribute them the first one 2 foot from hole next 2 foot from that one until ya get twelve foot away. I then try and sink all these puts and the drill ends when I get so many time in a row with no misses. I will usually run this drill early in the season until I get there three times in a row. I build up to ten times in a row later in the season. Best short game drill I have ever come across.
Do you practice long putts much?

I don't really have any. Tried it a bunch of times when I was younger. Other than drinking and peeing outside, I wasn't very good at any part of it. No idea why some folks are so fucking obsessed with it.
There is plenty of money to be made on the course in way of bets. The thing I dislike about golf is after 5k in earning you haft to get a PGA card. I will win this much in first couple of months then I am just playing for a trophie. It is the hardest sport to learn in my opinion. Took me about two years to become a scratch bowler. After a life time of golf I come in under par maybe two three times a year. It is a big chalenge is the draw along with the nature the courses provide. They are pretty places to spend a day and also a healthy place to spend a day.
That's awesome! One of my goals in retirement is to get to a 0 handicap. I'm a 6 now and I have lots of promising rounds and then I fuck up and bogey from 50 yards off the green or something dumb like that. How much do you practice your short game? Is that the key, I'm starting to think it is.
The very first drill I was taught is I take six balls and distribute them the first one 2 foot from hole next 2 foot from that one until ya get twelve foot away. I then try and sink all these puts and the drill ends when I get so many time in a row with no misses. I will usually run this drill early in the season until I get there three times in a row. I build up to ten times in a row later in the season. Best short game drill I have ever come across.
right after the short put drill. Start at 15 foot. Same six balls. I wanna sink those or drive them 1 to three fot past the hole for a successfull lag put. then I move back five feet rinse and repeat. Iuse the clock method on both puts and chips. I pay close attention to what clock my putter is to drive the putt so far on both back swing and forword swing. In putting and chipping my follow through is further than my back swing. Then I move to th trap for trap drills then I go over to the driving range where I work my wedge first and build all the way to the driver.

try these drills and let me know how they work out for ya. If you come with a good one let me know

try these drills and let me know how they work out for ya. If you come with a good one let me know
Thanks for the tips, I knew I needed to do more short game than long game.

Forum List

Back