Going Overboard?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Former Olympic Gymnast doctor Larry whatsisname will presently be sentenced to a gazillion years in prison for sexual abuse of girls he treated on the U.S. olympic gymnastics team.

Bad guy, bad stuff. Took advantage of his position. If one of them were my daughter, and all that...

One commentator opined that he abused the girls in the "worst possible way."

Really?

Did he actually copulate with any of them? Did he seek physical gratification from any of them? Did he physically harm any of them? Did he force them to touch him in an inappropriate manner? For many of them, it had to be explained to them that they had been sexually abused.

Are these lawyers and "advisors" claiming that the girls will be "scarred for life" being real?

This guy deserves to go to prison for a serious period of time, but when compared to, for example, someone who forcibly rapes young girls, his conduct was relatively benign.

Hate to say it, but he's (ironically) getting screwed by the system. His crimes were far from assaulting girls in "the worst possible way." Far from it. Yet he is being punished to the same extent as someone who had forcibly raped multiple young victims.

Do we know exactly what he did? It's hard for me to make this judgment without knowing what act was done.

I think there is something going on in this country that is extremely unhealthy and possibly bogus. We cannot even count how many declarations of abuse there are today. So many are decades ago! It just seems it is vogue to now say some celebrity was inappropriate with them 40 years ago...write me a check!

How many people are just angry at not getting a job or being fired from one so they jump on the band wagon for revenge.

Don't get me wrong...I do believe there is a culture of celebrities or employers thinking that their status allows them to be a predator. But I don't think all of these accounts are true. But it's a great wake up call for those perpetrators!

The man is our worst nightmare
We trust medical professionals

Someone who uses that trust as a means to obtain sexual gratification is disgusting

Throw the book at him

Someone who uses that trust as a means to obtain sexual gratification is disgusting

Throw the book at him
If all or some of these accusations are true, then yes, throw the book at him. But I am afraid that some people are l;ooking for their 15 minutes of fame or an unwarranted check.

As the husband of a rape victim, I've seen thst the mental scars of sexual assault are often far worse thsn the physical trauma. Thsts not to discount the physical damage, but in what I've seen, read, discussed and experienced with my wife, the mental and emotional damage is often extreme.

A lot of whst this Monster has taken from these girls is their basic ownership of their own bodies, their sexual innocence, and their understanding that they, and they alone get to decide what happens with their bodies. It also causes a serious increase in the fear of men in general and men in positions of power even moreso.

As the husband of a rape victim, I've seen thst the mental scars of sexual assault are often far worse thsn the physical trauma. Thsts not to discount the physical damage, but in what I've seen, read, discussed and experienced with my wife, the mental and emotional damage is often extreme.

A lot of whst this Monster has taken from these girls is their basic ownership of their own bodies, their sexual innocence, and their understanding that they, and they alone get to decide what happens with their bodies. It also causes a serious increase in the fear of men in general and men in positions of power even moreso.
I do understand what you are saying and it is true, especially for young victims.

Throw the book at him
If all or some of these accusations are true, then yes, throw the book at him. But I am afraid that some people are l;ooking for their 15 minutes of fame or an unwarranted check.
I thought the guy plead guilty?

I do understand what you are saying and it is true, especially for young victims.

He has taken away their ability to determine and build their own sexual identity. He has damaged not only these girls and their families, but every man these girls potentially hsve a relationship with in the future.

It infuriates me even more because I have one of these sacks of shit in my own family. I no longer have any contact with him, but it still disgusts me to even think I'm related to someone who could do that type of thing to a young woman.

Throw the book at him
I thought the guy plead guilty?
You may be right. I am not familiar with the case.

He has taken away their ability to determine and build their own sexual identity. He has damaged not only these girls and their families, but every man these girls potentially hsve a relationship with in the future.

It infuriates me even more because I have one of these sacks of shit in my own family. I no longer have any contact with him, but it still disgusts me to even think I'm related to someone who could do that type of thing to a young woman.
These young women reached the height of their profession
But there was a dirty little secret

Forum List

Back