Going Out To Eat When The Restaurants Re-Open

Maybe the greasy spoons will stop killing off the antioxidants in veggies when they overcook them. I'm so sick of greasy spoons and would trade them all off for a restaurant that pays attention to getting a more healthful menu that brownish overcooked green beans (eek), powdered potatoes that fall flat on the plate (yuk), yellow lettuce (burp!!!!), pale pink tomatoes (barf), tables "cleaned" with dirty, ripe rags, human hair on food, canned lemon pie (aaak!), burnt beans in the chili, and dirt under the waitresses' nails....
I am from the south. You probably would not like the farm cooking I grew up with. But I was at a dinner theater, somewhere north of Fort Indian Town Gap, Pennsylvania for a dinner and a show. Some petite female Captain commented with a smile, how delicious, crisp and fresh the green beans and broccoli were. I grumble replied, "Hell yes they're crisp and fresh. They're raw, but the olive in this martini is excellent!"
I'm with you. I'm from the south and most of us like our food to be cooked. And their's no way in hell that I'm eating any damned raw fish then pretending to like it. Roll it in cornmeal and fry it for pity sake.
Amen, brother!

Maybe the greasy spoons will stop killing off the antioxidants in veggies when they overcook them. I'm so sick of greasy spoons and would trade them all off for a restaurant that pays attention to getting a more healthful menu that brownish overcooked green beans (eek), powdered potatoes that fall flat on the plate (yuk), yellow lettuce (burp!!!!), pale pink tomatoes (barf), tables "cleaned" with dirty, ripe rags, human hair on food, canned lemon pie (aaak!), burnt beans in the chili, and dirt under the waitresses' nails....
iu

Canned lemon pie? What is that even?

WTF? Where the hell you eat?

You know? The one restaurant I always threatened to go to and we never did?

I got take out from them earlier this week. It was good! We were the only ones there, though.

She makes Royal Castle and Mel's Diner look great! :auiqs.jpg:
Geez! Do they not have state health inspectors there? :eek:

I'm suiting up and going to Bern's for lunch. Fuck this!
Unlike retarded people, I'll get satisfaction for under a bill.
You know what? I think I wanna go to the people that employed me when I was a student's place.
They're still around somewhere. They were so good to me, they worked with me on my hours and everything!

Last edited:
I want 6 feet and server and staff with masks and we will see what happens over the next two weeks. I’ve gotten used to being home so for all the faint hearted-after The First Supper
I will go back home and sit tight for 7 days for sure and maybe 14.
Americans-Get ready to get mobile!

I'm hitting the Chinaman with the 2nd-rate egg rolls 1st!
Just for all them times he delivered when I was half shitfaced.

It's never going to return to normal. Less people eating out is going to be the new norm. Not a bad thing really.
Amen to this. Maybe places will not be as crowded.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If these places are half as crowded, they will be put of business soon.

That's exactly right. Restaurants that have room for 300 diners can't survive if they can only serve 60 at a time.
The country will be back to normal when the social distancing is history, and people jam into joints and stadiums and that without wearing masks and gloves.

It's never going to return to normal. Less people eating out is going to be the new norm. Not a bad thing really.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That's exactly right. Restaurants that have room for 300 diners can't survive if they can only serve 60 at a time.
The country will be back to normal when the social distancing is history, and people jam into joints and stadiums and that without wearing masks and gloves.
That "social distancing" bullshit cannot continue if we're going to be people ever again.
Social Distancing= "Safe Space" on major steroids.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That "social distancing" bullshit cannot continue if we're going to be people ever again.
Social Distancing= "Safe Space" on major steroids.

Back in the day, even dentists didn't wear gloves or mask when they were in your mouth.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Democrats have the masses so spooked right now I think really bad things are still in our future. They've succeeded in filling everyone with so much fear I think a lot of businesses will go under.

This may be the crisis they needed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Democrats have the masses so spooked right now I think really bad things are still in our future. They've succeeded in filling everyone with so much fear I think a lot of businesses will go under.

I fear you are right. I ain't viewing anyone as an infective agent unless they have open purple AIDS sores n shit. Then it's time for social distancing. I'd avoid herpes people, too.
I get herpes if I drink too much Powerade/Gatorade. Cannot eat citrus much either.

2-3 oranges a year is my limit. Maybe twice that in the drinks. I love that stuff, too. The corner of my mouth hurts just thinking about it.
That's probably not genital herpes, huh? I don't even wanna think about how that goes. Oh no!

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Reopening and restarting the Trump Economy is going to be tricky. Fortunately we have Trump in office ready to do it.

Not only are the masses spooked by this, a lot of businesses aren't that well funded. Further, many of the workers are making more in lockdown than they did on the job---getting their staff back is going to be hard.

She makes Royal Castle and Mel's Diner look great! :auiqs.jpg:
Geez! Do they not have state health inspectors there? :eek:
Honestly, I haven't eaten there in a couple of years. I put up with a lot of stuff because I never got sick, and my late husband liked the place, so it was a habit. Finally, they dumped Karaoke night, and that was my excuse to never go back. And I took 2 years' of Microbiology, too. Funny what a habit and love make you do. :)

Forum List

Back