Going back to the Moon, is a big waste of Money.

That's not what the sign means. I still go to the supermarket and not just get it delivered. It means Biden is screwing the country.

theo1.jpg

Yeah it is. Problem is people think they're saying one thing, but they're saying something else instead.

Endless mineral resources and precious metals on the countless asteroids in the Belt.

We just need a better and cheaper way of getting into orbit to build larger vessels in orbit.

Humanity needs an Equatorial Elevator.
Then pushing for Elon Musk's Starship or a derivative of it and cancelling NASA's Space Launch System would be a good start. The private side needs to be uplifted. And that includes influencing the Jet Propulsion laboratory with unmanned projects. China will end up doing it cheaper due to their labor costs. And they have a plan.

If we're paying more for everything and inflation is out of control, then it's on Biden. I can't help it if you're blind to Biden's faults if you voted for him.

Is it? How's that?
I've never voted Democrat. Nor Republican, I hate both of them.

When inflation is going up all around the world, how is it Biden's fault it's happening in America?

When inflation is going up all around the world, how is it Biden's fault it's happening in America?
You are clueless. You don't know.

INFLATION IS NEAR A 40-YR HIGH at 8.4%!!! Maybe it's surpassed it to an all-time high already. You are clueless. I know what to do to combat inflation. An example is I now drive a hybrid car. However, Biden isn't doing the same for the country. He's too busy cooking up ways for the corporations and individuals with big money to pay MORE TAXES. That will just lead to MORE INFLATION! You want to lower their taxes and lower inflation.

Well, it would NOT be a waste of money if the moon served as a prison for all violent criminals.

Just think of what a peaceful place Earth would be then.

You are clueless. You don't know.

INFLATION IS NEAR A 40-YR HIGH at 8.4%!!! Maybe it's surpassed it to an all-time high already. You are clueless. I know what to do to combat inflation. An example is I now drive a hybrid car. However, Biden isn't doing the same for the country. He's too busy cooking up ways for the corporations and individuals with big money to pay MORE TAXES. That will just lead to MORE INFLATION! You want to lower their taxes and lower inflation.

Bye then.

They didn't want to leave. Luna was their home. They wanted to run it as they saw fit, not remain under the boot of someone far away who didn't care about them.

Does that sound familiar? It should.
As long as they were not on Earth, who cared what they did!

Let them run it as they wish.

As long as they were not on Earth, who cared what they did!

Let them run it as they wish.
Thing is, in the novel, the Loonies (as they called themselves) grew tremendous amounts of grain they shipped to Earth. Earth needed the grain. Earth needed the Loonies under its boot.

The Loonies got tired of being little more than slaves. They rebelled...and won.

Plans to return to the Moon, I think is a big waste of money. We have been there before, there is nothing there.What a waste of money that could be used here on Earth. Your thoughts.
On your other thread you are stating Ukraine needs more weapons.
I can't think of a bigger waste of money than funding a proxy war that causes pollution, death, and more human misery.

They didn't want to leave. Luna was their home. They wanted to run it as they saw fit, not remain under the boot of someone far away who didn't care about them.

Does that sound familiar? It should.
Oh...and the Loonies couldn't leave. A lifetime spent under 1/6th the force of gravity does not prepare one to live under full Earth gravity.

The determination to go to the moon directly or indirectly gave us most of the high tech. toys the present generation couldn't live without. When I was a kid high tech. was in-the-home bathrooms, electricity, and (non partyline) telephone service. No man-made satellites and no computers = no GPS, no over the horizon communication. No microwave cookers.

Much of that so-called innovation that came from The Space Program is NASA marketing.

NASA (more specifically North American Aviation, Grumman, Rocketdyne, Rockwell, and a host of other contractors) reached out to innovative companies to find new technologies under development for use in solving technical problems for America's space effort.

For example, the much touted NASA discovery of Teflon. In fact, Teflon (Polytetrafluoroethylene) was discovered in 1938. It was used on The Manhattan Project, and first used commercially in 1951.

Another example, Microwave ovens. The concept of using microwaves to produce heat was discovered in 1921. Microwave technology was widely in use by 1939 (radar), The first practical application of using microwaves to heat food (the prototype microwave oven) dates from 1954.

Even GPS isn't a direct result of our early Space Race program. All during The Space Race, until the end of Apollo and well into the 1980's satellite navigation was performed by polar orbiting satellites and RF doppler measurments. The GPS system, the brainchild of Navy engineers, not NASA, didn't become operational until 1993.

Forum List

Back