Going back to the Moon, is a big waste of Money.

Experts agree that space travel won’t be Star Trek but by huge advances in nanotechnology and AI

Plans to return to the Moon, I think is a big waste of money. We have been there before, there is nothing there.What a waste of money that could be used here on Earth. Your thoughts.
Did you ever hear of H3?

***snip***

Helium-3 has the ability to provide humanity with the first biologically benign, non-polluting, efficient, and economical energy in human history. The abundance of this quality of energy will actually create the possibility. and is itself a prerequisite. for the colonization of space, and the necessary revolution of all economic activity on the Earth. The Moon can open the fusion era.

As reported in an Artemis Project paper, about 25 tons of helium-3 -- or a fully loaded Space Shuttle cargo bay's worth -- could power the United States for a year. This means that helium-3 has a potential economic value in the order of $3bn a ton. *source a

A typical coal train of more than a kilometer long, carrying 5,000 tons of coal, can be replaced by just 40 grams of Helium-3 (1/10th of a pound!), dramatically reducing transportation costs. *source b

There is at least 1.1 million metric tons of helium-3 on the lunar surface, enough to power human energy needs for up to 10,000 years.

1647845542780.jpeg

When I go to bed I will wear a watch with H3 illumination that glows in the dark. Note the radioactive symbol on the dial.

Highlights1_4000x@2x.progressive.png

Plus the moon has considerable deposits of titanium.

In passing, I am wearing a watch with a titanium case right now.

1647846177976.png

Last edited:
Progs are not into this full attitude. Older people involved told them to go direct to the moon and build a base. Instead, they are building the Lunar Getway mini space station that will elliptically orbit the moon. and then once in a while land on it. All of this to support a white elephant albatross known as the Space Launch System.

The determination to go to the moon directly or indirectly gave us most of the high tech. toys the present generation couldn't live without. When I was a kid high tech. was in-the-home bathrooms, electricity, and (non partyline) telephone service. No man-made satellites and no computers = no GPS, no over the horizon communication. No microwave cookers.
I've heard that reasoning all my life. "Going to the moon gave us "Tang," and so forth.

Instead of spending trillions to send men diverse people of all genders to the moon, why not form a research agency charged with creating new technology that will make our lives better?

I've heard that reasoning all my life. "Going to the moon gave us "Tang," and so forth.

Instead of spending trillions to send men diverse people of all genders to the moon, why not form a research agency charged with creating new technology that will make our lives better?

Because the space program requires success. Just throwing money doesn't. There MUST be a consequence to attain the best and most far reaching results.

Plans to return to the Moon, I think is a big waste of money. We have been there before, there is nothing there.What a waste of money that could be used here on Earth. Your thoughts.
If we don't start somewhere, we will never get to Vulcan to save their planet... :hyper:

Did you ever hear of H3?

***snip***

Helium-3 has the ability to provide humanity with the first biologically benign, non-polluting, efficient, and economical energy in human history. The abundance of this quality of energy will actually create the possibility. and is itself a prerequisite. for the colonization of space, and the necessary revolution of all economic activity on the Earth. The Moon can open the fusion era.

As reported in an Artemis Project paper, about 25 tons of helium-3 -- or a fully loaded Space Shuttle cargo bay's worth -- could power the United States for a year. This means that helium-3 has a potential economic value in the order of $3bn a ton. *source a

A typical coal train of more than a kilometer long, carrying 5,000 tons of coal, can be replaced by just 40 grams of Helium-3 (1/10th of a pound!), dramatically reducing transportation costs. *source b

There is at least 1.1 million metric tons of helium-3 on the lunar surface, enough to power human energy needs for up to 10,000 years.

View attachment 618984
When I go to bed I will wear a watch with H3 illumination that glows in the dark. Note the radioactive symbol on the dial.

Highlights1_4000x@2x.progressive.png

Plus the moon has considerable deposits of titanium.

In passing, I am wearing a watch with a titanium case right now.

View attachment 618987

Don't forget the deposits of dilithium crystals. We'll never achieve interstellar travel without it.

I agree unless NASA tries to experiment with putting a magnetic field there. Then, we may be able to live there.

Don't forget the deposits of dilithium crystals. We'll never achieve interstellar travel without it.
I wear a watch with H3 illumination at night time. It also has the radioactive symbol on the dial.

You might find this article interesting.

Well, the future is unknown.
Maybe making planes was a waste of time. Just some rich boys' hobby.

I've been to work already.... don't need to go again, waste of time....

Forum List

Back