Gods personal name

Love and reason = mass murdering unbelievers, take your greatest ally and ask him to kill his son to show his devotion to you, wipe out whole cities because they don't believe in you, kill every living thing on earth because you don't like them.
Yeah.... love and reason.
:rolleyes:
I am not a Gnostic, but some of their beliefs pre-date Christianity. Their books are older than most books in the Bible.
Their belief that the OT God and the NT God are two different entities makes more sense than somehow to believe they are the same. One instructs his believers to mass murder unbelievers, the other instructs his believers to love the unbelievers and even turn your cheek and let them wrong you again. One is full of grace, they other filled with anger and revenge.
No one can deny the absolute opposite ways of the God of OT and the God of the NT. Completely opposite from each other.

Gods judgements are righteous. He kills the wicked. At Har-mageddon Jesus will show all the war God of the OT. The bible is clear about Noahs day. Fallen angels came down and had immoral sex with women and made babies called Nephlim-giants, very violent. It says the whole world was violent and their thoughts were wicked all the time. God owns every iota, he has the right to say what goes. He was protecting the last 8 humans so that the wickedness did not over take them as well.

Gods judgements are righteous. He kills the wicked. At Har-mageddon Jesus will show all the war God of the OT. The bible is clear about Noahs day. Fallen angels came down and had immoral sex with women and made babies called Nephlim-giants, very violent. It says the whole world was violent and their thoughts were wicked all the time. God owns every iota, he has the right to say what goes. He was protecting the last 8 humans so that the wickedness did not over take them as well.
Yeah... didn't work out so well did it?
And there is nothing righteous about mass murdering people simply because they don't know about religion.
Nothing righteous about telling your strongest supporter who risked his life in support of you - to murder his son as a sacrifice because you want to see if he is really that devoted.
I could go on for pages. Pages.
The God of the OT was an enormously jealous, vengeful self seeking deity that demanded the impossible from beings he created who are especially weak in the very areas he demanded the most.
The true God, the God of the NT is exactly the opposite. In every way. Completely different.

Yeah... didn't work out so well did it?
And there is nothing righteous about mass murdering people simply because they don't know about religion.
Nothing righteous about telling your strongest supporter who risked his life in support of you - to murder his son as a sacrifice because you want to see if he is really that devoted.
I could go on for pages. Pages.
The God of the OT was an enormously jealous, vengeful self seeking deity that demanded the impossible from beings he created who are especially weak in the very areas he demanded the most.
The true God, the God of the NT is exactly the opposite. In every way. Completely different.

Mortals are wicked to the core, they dont deserve to live in Gods creation. 99.9% in Noahs day were wicked, Jesus compared those days to these last days, but its only about 99% that are wicked now.
Jesus lives. 1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21, false god worship says he is not different. 99% practice 1 of those things. Both teachings say--Will NOT enter Gods kingdom. So at Har-mageddon Jesus will show all the war God of the OT. They had their warning. And Rev 16 is clear--Every kingdom( govt, armies supporters) will be mislead( because they are wicked in Gods view) to stand in opposition to Gods king. Rev 19:11 and on is the result and Daniel 2:44--You are standing on that side in your wicked views of matters. If you were on Gods side you would see the wickedness.

Mortals are wicked to the core, they dont deserve to live in Gods creation. ...
Uh... ever hear of "created in my image?" Everyone knows that "image" doesn't mean we look like him. Rather, "in his own ways" - our thought processes, intellect etc. - he made us like him.
Again, that is why the Gnostics believe the God of the OT is not the true God. The true God is the God of the NT.
Loving, benevolent, not self seeking and vengeful and full of grace.

Absolutely.
People not born and raised in a religion struggle greatly to understand this "God".
They hear 'God is Love". Yet this God fills children's hospitals with kids born with illness and sickness and die, having never tasted life.
Most Christians deal very poorly with someone as yourself. Someone who doesn't "play the game" like you are supposed to.
I would offer this:
The Gnostics teach that the God who created earth was a corrupt God. A self seeking God, filled with selfishness and wickedness.
And he created man in his image or ways. Thus why we are also born, filled with selfishness. No one is more selfish than a child.
But the true God, the God of the New Testament learned of what the lower God did. And, being a entity with compassion and not self seeking, gave mankind grace. He could not undo what the God of the Old Testament had done. But he offered a path for man to be saved from his impurities that the God of the OT gave him.
Satan to the Gnostics, is not the evil deity that causes man to be evil. That is already in man at birth. Satan is a high God that disagrees with the true God. Satan sees man as unworthy of grace. And seeks to undermine God's grace to man. Satan is the enemy of man.
Obviously this is only one paragraph. I have enormously condensed Gnostic teachings, which BTW is older than Christianity.

I have never read anything other than the bible. In fact, I've never heard of a "Gnostic." Although I've called myself an agnostic for many years. Thinking that the meaning of the word was someone who admits to himself that he (I) doesn't know how any thing was created or by who or what.
Like I said before, I believe we were all created by something. I just don't believe what man says about it. Being "man" who wrote the bible, I don't believe them either. Especially when they say God is love. There are too many atrocities committed on the innocent for this god to be about love. In order to be love, you have to have compassion. There is no compassion if this god is going to allow so many innocent men, women, children & animals to suffer at the hands of man.

Uh... ever hear of "created in my image?" Everyone knows that "image" doesn't mean we look like him. Rather, "in his own ways" - our thought processes, intellect etc. - he made us like him.
Again, that is why the Gnostics believe the God of the OT is not the true God. The true God is the God of the NT.
Loving, benevolent, not self seeking and vengeful and full of grace.

Did you miss revelation?

I have never read anything other than the bible. In fact, I've never heard of a "Gnostic." Although I've called myself an agnostic for many years. Thinking that the meaning of the word was someone who admits to himself that he (I) doesn't know how any thing was created or by who or what.
Like I said before, I believe we were all created by something. I just don't believe what man says about it. Being "man" who wrote the bible, I don't believe them either. Especially when they say God is love. There are too many atrocities committed on the innocent for this god to be about love. In order to be love, you have to have compassion. There is no compassion if this god is going to allow so many innocent men, women, children & animals to suffer at the hands of man.
Gnostics is true to their name. Coming from the word "Knowledge". Those who seek enlightenment through knowledge.
To your point, this is a struggle all people have with religion, even those who attend church.
I can't nail down my own beliefs either. Like you, I struggle with this.
I would offer to you that God didn't create us to control our every move. He gave us free will. And because we were created in the image of the jealous, vengeful God - we are selfish and vengeful also. The true God of the New testament gave us grace to show a path of a better way, but we still have free will. And many will not chose it, and chose instead to simply satisfy our core faults. (desire, greed, selfishness etc.)
I don't know if the Gnostics are right. I don't. And like you I do not accept on face value what corrupt men wrote a 1000 years ago to be the answer.

The story of the fall of Rome?

Oh then show us where there is no more mourning, outcry, or pain and even death will be no more? Where on earth is this? or you are in error. Rev 21:4-- Jesus didnt lead Gods armies out of heaven to wipe Rome out.( Rev 19:11-16) Rev assurres every eye will see him. Rev 1:7)-- where is this written in history? But Rev 16 assures it will be EVERY kingdom ( govt, armies, supporters) on earth will stand in opposition to Gods king.-- All these teachings prove 100% you are wrong--you always are.

Who gave god his name? Man, probably. And you know how men lie.
Well, you either believe in Intelligent Design or you don't. I mean, you have 2 options.... we are here by chance out of randomness or someone/something put us here. Where do you lean?

Jesus didnt sin. That book was written by a liar. God doesnt hate women, he hates violence. He destroyed them in Noahs day because of violence and immoral sex.

He doesn't hate women, so he allows them to be brutally raped and murdered. He allows lie ending diseases into their children. He allows all sorts of atrocities to be committed on innocent women. But he doesn't hate them?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oh then show us where there is no more mourning, outcry, or pain and even death will be no more? Where on earth is this? or you are in error. Rev 21:4-- Jesus didnt lead Gods armies out of heaven to wipe Rome out.( Rev 19:11-16) Rev assurres every eye will see him. Rev 1:7)-- where is this written in history? But Rev 16 assures it will be EVERY kingdom ( govt, armies, supporters) on earth will stand in opposition to Gods king.-- All these teachings prove 100% you are wrong--you always are.
Again strong evidence exist that Revelations was wriiten about the fall of Rome.
The Roman Empire created havoc/death and made slaves of all around them. Ruthlessly devoured nations, villages... anyone in their path. Upon the fall of Rome... There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Well, you either believe in Intelligent Design or you don't. I mean, you have 2 options.... we are here by chance out of randomness or someone/something put us here. Where do you lean?

Who says that who ever created everything didn't create evolution? There are still people born with tails. There's a reason for that.

Who says that who ever created everything didn't create evolution? There are still people born with tails. There's a reason for that.
True -- so you believe there MAY be a creator, correct?

He doesn't hate women, so he allows them to be brutally raped and murdered. He allows lie ending diseases into their children. He allows all sorts of atrocities to be committed on innocent women. But he doesn't hate them?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Atrocities happen to both men and women. It wouldnt be free will if he interferred. Mortals chose this satan ruled system. So dont blame God.

Again strong evidence exist that Revelations was wriiten about the fall of Rome.
The Roman Empire created havoc/death and made slaves of all around them. Ruthlessly devoured nations, villages... anyone in their path. Upon the fall of Rome... There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
Revelation is happening before the worlds eyes.It has been for quite awhile--Rev 6 was 1914

Atrocities happen to both men and women. It wouldnt be free will if he interferred. Mortals chose this satan ruled system. So dont blame God.

Sure, it wouldn't be "free." But it would be decent. It would be compassionate. It would be the definition of "love." We're not talking about stopping a car crash. We're talking about god intervening in a POS sticking his thing in some 4 yr old boys butt. It's stopping some POS terrorist from flying planes into buildings killing 3,000 people. It's giving people like Hitler a heart attack on the day before he decides to run for office.

Innocent victims don't have the "free will" to stop atrocities happening to them.

Sure, it wouldn't be "free." But it would be decent. It would be compassionate. It would be the definition of "love." We're not talking about stopping a car crash. We're talking about god intervening in a POS sticking his thing in some 4 yr old boys butt. It's stopping some POS terrorist from flying planes into buildings killing 3,000 people. It's giving people like Hitler a heart attack on the day before he decides to run for office.

Innocent victims don't have the "free will" to stop atrocities happening to them.

If you read Genesis, it was satan who wanted mortals to know both good and bad. Mortals chose it. so your words are proving God was right, mortals knowing only good was his will. Bad sucks. God is always right.

If you read Genesis, it was satan who wanted mortals to know both good and bad. Mortals chose it. so your words are proving God was right, mortals knowing only good was his will. Bad sucks. God is always right.

So sayeth the men who wrote the bible.

Forum List

Back