Godless Ethics Panel Says it's "Ethical" to Create Babies with Three Parents

It's interesting that liberals are now openly coming out in favor of eugenics, and experimentation with human life.

We beat the eugenicists in World War II, and turned their cities into rubble, but now they have returned.

Lucy is the only one here in favor of eugenics, and she's not "liberal" in any way.

What is wrong about wanting people not born with diseases, or not wanting say people with Schizophrenia to have children? How wouldn't this help society?

It's interesting that liberals are now openly coming out in favor of eugenics, and experimentation with human life.

We beat the eugenicists in World War II, and turned their cities into rubble, but now they have returned.
what are blue bloods?

I am from such family, Austrian Aristocratic family dating from more than thousand years ago.

Lucy is the only one here in favor of eugenics, and she's not "liberal" in any way.

What is wrong about wanting people not born with diseases, or not wanting say people with Schizophrenia to have children? How wouldn't this help society?

Being a liberal, I value individual freedom over vague claims of "helping society".

what are blue bloods?

I am from such family, Austrian Aristocratic family dating from more than thousand years ago.
But they kept it in the family to control the DNA...

No Eugenics has always remained, you cannot "beat" an idea, a philosophy....you can "beat" humans, but the idea, the philosophy is immortal and as such carries to new generations.

Lucy, you have to kill and sterilize innocent human beings in order to create a world of genetically perfect human beings.

Are you prepared to do that?

To save world to create world with perfect beings, 100% healthy and vital, it's worth it and future generations years from now would built monuments and statues in our honour.

Who determines what "perfect" is?

Are you willing to volunteer to be sterilized, if you don't meet the standards?

Being a liberal, I value individual freedom over vague claims of "helping society".

Well I don't think helping society to be healthy is vague.

Lucy, you have to kill and sterilize innocent human beings in order to create a world of genetically perfect human beings.

To save world to create world with perfect beings, 100% healthy and vital, it's worth it and future generations years from now would built monuments and statues in our honour.

I have no defects in my DNA, also neither does Mr. Lucy, we have two children, a boy of 3 years and a girl of 9 months, we probably have 5 in total, but at moment, too much with other things happening.

The article doesn't really explain, very well, the distinction between mitochondrial DNA, and a human's main DNA; and an understanding of this distinction is crucial in order to understand what the article is really about. What is being discussed, here, is not really nearly as bizarre as it sounds.

Some time very early in the evolution of life, a bacterium that got eaten by an early Eukaryote, instead of being digested and destroyed, instead started living symbiotically with that Eukaryote, providing additional benefits to the Eukaryote. The mitochondria in our cells today are descendants of that bacterium, having their own DNA separate from ours. Of course, in all the billions of years that Eukaryotic life has existed, these mitochondria and other organelles derived from ingested bacteria have evolved to fulfill their roles, not as individual bacteria, but as functioning parts of a greater Eukaryotic organism.

What the article is about is people whose mitochondria are in some way defective, and of a proposed means of preventing it which involves splicing mitochondrial DNA from a different donor into a human zygote, on place of that which one would normally inherit from one's mother.

I disagree with the terminology that suggests that the mitochondrial donor would be a third “parent”; and with the bizarre ethical implications that are suggested by this terminology.

My family historically have always supported Eugenics since the 1890s, it's natural that this generation of my family follow suit in supporting it and this news is greatly exciting and also needed.

What is wrong with society having perfect babies, perfect people, nothing, why does society want defective babies, defective people, for a start look how much money they cost to care for etc, money that could be used for better purposes.

And what?

Aborting the "defectives"?

If you do that, there won't be any RWNJs left in the world.

Yes, it's a pity you didn't beat The Communists instead....then we wouldn't have them and the Cultural Marxists attempting to destroy our nations, Continents and childrens minds in the schools.

I have no defects in my DNA, also neither does Mr. Lucy, we have two children, a boy of 3 years and a girl of 9 months, we probably have 5 in total, but at moment, too much with other things happening.

So you say on an anonymous internet forum.

What if your imagined central planners decided that you were too short, or had the wrong color hair or eyes?

I have Liberal attitude towards sex, but maybe this is because I'm European and to us we have no sexual repression and have been sexually free for actually several Centuries.

What if your imagined central planners decided that you were too short, or had the wrong color hair or eyes?

I am 5'9" and blonde with blue-grey eyes.

If I had hereditary disease, I would believe it my duty to society to be sterilised.

If I had hereditary disease, I would believe it my duty to society to be sterilised.

Pardon me while I don't believe you.

Not to mention, if you're really a "blue blood" from a thousand year old aristocratic family, you almost certainly have a number of hereditary defects.

what are blue bloods?

But they kept it in the family to control the DNA...

:rolleyes-41: :lol:

So let's say some "benevolent" central planner declares that any women under 5'10" should be sterilized for the sake of the "health of society".

What's your move then?

Pardon me while I don't believe you.

Not to mention, if you're really a "blue blood" from a thousand year old aristocratic family, you almost certainly have a number of hereditary defects.

I had full extensive medical at age 18 and they said I'm normal.

So let's say some "benevolent" central planner declares that any women under 5'10" should be sterilized for the sake of the "health of society".

What's your move then?

This wouldn't happen, why would that be considered bad for society? Height isn't a disease, even if a person is 5'1" or something this isn't unhealthy.

Forum List

Back