Global Warming: the Relentless Trend

You think the 1degF rise over 100 years is QUICKER than going from day to night every freaking day?

If you do not understand why this question is absurd and embarrasses you, then you do not know jack shit about any of this. We've been at this point before.... you are a special kind of denier. You spend an AWFUL lot of time and energy in this goofy crusade. Then, you say something like this that one might expect to come from a child being introduced to this topic. Sorry pal, go waste someone else's time. You're either a charlatan trying way too hard, or you are truly, abjectly ignorant of the most fundamental ideas of this topic.

You think the 1degF rise over 100 years is QUICKER than going from day to night every freaking day?

If you do not understand why this question is absurd and embarrasses you, then you do not know jack shit about any of this. We've been at this point before.... you are a special kind of denier. You spend an AWFUL lot of time and energy in this goofy crusade. Then, you say something like this that one might expect to come from a child being introduced to this topic. Sorry pal, go waste someone else's time. You're either a charlatan trying way too hard, or you are truly, abjectly ignorant of the most fundamental ideas of this topic.

There you go again. You get SHOCKED with common sense questions and lash out at me..

No matter HOW you look at it --- raising the yearly MEAN temperature one degree in any enviro (land, sea or air) is miniscule compared with daily/yearly variance. Even shallow water coral experience four to ten times the temp. variance than a mere 1degF change in the mean once each day. All land life experience 20 to 50 times the variance over a 1degF change in the mean over a 100 years.

Discuss or run -- your option... But the personal crap has got to stop...

Last edited:
You get SHOCKED with common sense questions
Not shocked....not at all... it's a childish (or, in this case, ignorant or dishonest) question. Any trained chimp with google can go find out why that one degree is significant, and why comparisons of this climatic change to a daily swing of temperature are absurd and belie abject ignorance of this topic. And it surprises me that you, supposedly well-versed in this topic, and obviously putting much thought into it, would say something so goddamn fundamentally stupid about this topic. I am just not going to play along, sorry.

You get SHOCKED with common sense questions
Not shocked....not at all... it's a childish (or, in this case, ignorant or dishonest) question. Any trained chimp with google can go find out why that one degree is significant, and why comparisons of this climatic change to a daily swing of temperature are absurd and belie abject ignorance of this topic. And it surprises me that you, supposedly well-versed in this topic, and obviously putting much thought into it, would say something so goddamn fundamentally stupid about this topic. I am just not going to play along, sorry.

So how come this is an easy challenge for trained chimps and not for you??? :auiqs.jpg:

And WHY IS "a comparison of climatic change (of one 1 degree) to a daily swing in temperature" absurd. Go find a chimp to train you and get back to me..

So how come this is an easy challenge for trained chimps and not for you???
It is easy for me. I can find those articles and explanations, read and understand them, and then link them here. Anyone can. That's my entire point, genius. That's why it is so embarrassing to see you behaving this way. Are you for real right now?

file:///C:/Users/hp4/Documents/politics/polchat/ecosystem_temp_meanvariance.pdf

The development and evolution of ecosystems are as sensitive to the ranges and variances of temperature and precipation as they are to the to mean conditions. Because of this, ecosystems evolving in regions which have exhibited little variance in temmperature and precipitation over the years are likely to be more sensitive to climatic changes than those ecosystems which evolved in regions exhibiting larger variability..

For each climatic division the variance of temperature was calculated for the annual average as well as for the seasonal averages for each of the four seasons..

Now look at Figures 4 thru 8.. These are YEAR TO YEAR variances. Randomly occurring variances from year to year are in the range of 1 to MORE THAN 3 degrees range. With Winter to winter being the LARGEST natural variation from 5 to 20 degrees...

That's how much WEATHER CHANGES temperature year to year. How significant to an ecosystem is a 1 degree change in the 100 year mean is significant on that scale? This is BEYOND the time scale of day and night or INTRA-year variations of +/- 40 or 50 degrees..

Your turn for rebuttal.. Chimp out..

How significant to an ecosystem is a 1 degree change in the 100 year mean is significant on that scale?
As it turns out, pretty significant. As anyone can go read for themselves. I am not going to rebut you. You are the 90 -pound weakling, claiming he can beat Mike Tyson. I am not going to get in the ring with you. I am going to invite you to get in the ring with Tyson.

Go ahead...get your research team together. the world loves an underdog! imagine... an uneducated slob with no experience in any of these fields, outsmarting the global scientific community,....

I've got SCADS more experience understanding data analysis and modeling and systems analysis than most of these dudes. You could study SQUIRRELS and get published in a "climate" paper...

I've got SCADS more experience understanding data analysis and modeling and systems analysis than most of these dudes.
You do, eh? fascinating! Could you direct us all to your published work? You know, the oil industry is absolutely awash in money. Why is it that none of you amazing, well-qualified denier scientists are producing good science that undermines the accepted theories? Don't think the money is not there to do it. Now, why is this?

I've got SCADS more experience understanding data analysis and modeling and systems analysis than most of these dudes.
You do, eh? fascinating! Could you direct us all to your published work? You know, the oil industry is absolutely awash in money. Why is it that none of you amazing, well-qualified denier scientists are producing good science that undermines the accepted theories? Don't think the money is not there to do it. Now, why is this?

I would do that. But the thought of a troll like you getting my name and history is too problematic. Wanna discuss neural network theory or optical correlators or cataloguing marine mammal sounds automatically? How about various biometric methods like gait analysis or auto finger print reading? I've got systems and products in virtually every American Hospital and Medical lab. Whatcha want to chat about?

How about the systems and algorithms I designed for Earth Resource satellites? Almost forgot that good stuff.. Actually was in on validating the early space imaging that tallied up the sea ice. In fact, there's a description of all that in a couple of my papers. That's definitely Earth Sciences. I've been around.. Or the NextRad Doppler Radar display I worked on...

Living proof of something you should learn. That science and math is completely fungible. And a LOT of scientists and engineers move EASILY from discipline to discipline. But since you're just a science fanboy -- you just WORSHIP experts... DId you know that after the Cold War -- most of the geniuses at Lawrence Livermore were COMPLETELY retasked from weapons and communications systems to medical, commercial power and OTHER disciplines???

Kinda blows your juvenile "hero expert worship" theory out of the water don't it chimp??

Sorry Toddster, no idea what you are babbling about.

I'll add that to the already huge list of things you have no idea about.
That's deep, Toddster.

Yes, so was the proof of 97% consensus, using only 77 scientists.
All the Scientific Societies, all the Academies of Science, all the major Universities in the world have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. That is a damned powerful scientific consensus. Against that, we have a couple of scientists stating that is not the case. The same scientists that said in front of Congress that tobacco is harmless, after the tobacco companies enlarged their bank accounts. Against that consensus of Scientists, we have such vast powerhouses of scientific knowledge as the obese junkie on the AM radio, and a fake British Lord. LOL

The same scientists that said in front of Congress that tobacco is harmless,

Link?
On Tobacco
In a 2001 profile in Newsweek, journalist Fred Guterl wrote that Lindzen "clearly relishes the role of naysayer. He'll even expound on how weakly lung cancer is linked to cigarette smoking."[13] James Hansen recalls meeting Lindzen whilst testifying before the Vice President's Climate Task Force: "I considered asking Lindzen if he still believed there was no connection between smoking and lung cancer. He had been a witness for tobacco companies decades earlier, questioning the reliability of statistical connections between smoking and health problems. But I decided that would be too confrontational. When I met him at a later conference, I did ask that question, and was surprised by his response: He began rattling off all the problems with the data relating smoking to health problems, which was closely analogous to his views of climate data." [14]

Richard S. Lindzen - SourceWatch

There you go.

I would do that. But the thought of a troll like you getting my name and history is too problematic. Wanna discuss neural network theory or optical correlators or cataloguing marine mammal sounds automatically? How about various biometric methods like gait analysis or auto finger print reading? I've got systems and products in virtually every American Hospital and Medical lab. Whatcha want to chat about?
OK, fellow, tell me, with all those bona fides, why are you not up in front of the American Geophysical Union demonstrating to all those peer level scientists as to why they are wrong on all the climate studies that they have been doing? How about the Geological Society of America? Have you addressed them, and straightened them out? You sound like Mr. Westwall. " I am so smart, no one wants to listen to me!" LOL

All the Scientific Societies, all the Academies of Science, all the major Universities in the world have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. That is a damned powerful scientific consensus. Against that, we have a couple of scientists stating that is not the case. The same scientists that said in front of Congress that tobacco is harmless, after the tobacco companies enlarged their bank accounts. Against that consensus of Scientists, we have such vast powerhouses of scientific knowledge as the obese junkie on the AM radio, and a fake British Lord. LOL

Link?
Here you go, you lazy little shit :D:

Tobacco and Oil Industries Used Same Researchers to Sway Public

Scientists from the 1950s said smoking was harmless....and these scientists are still around today disputing AGW?

Thanks for the link. I didn't see any claim there that tobacco is harmless.

Those are some long lived scientists! I didn't see any names of these scientists that were testifying lately........

Maybe Old Rocks was wrong? Maybe he has a better link?
"Testifying lately"

Ah yes, the little sidestep. Okay, toddster, let's be clear: you are demanding names of peolle who both lied about climate and tobacco.....LATELY. Right? Of course, "lately" will change, as necessary....

Can we just agree that the same "merchants of doubt" facilitated and supported these campaigns? Actually, I think there's a book about it....;)

"Testifying lately"
Ah yes, the little sidestep

All the Scientific Societies, all the Academies of Science, all the major Universities in the world have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. That is a damned powerful scientific consensus. Against that, we have a couple of scientists stating that is not the case. The same scientists that said in front of Congress that tobacco is harmless, after the tobacco companies enlarged their bank accounts.

Old Rocks was talking about things that were supposedly said in the 1950s or 1960s?
Get the fuck out of here!!

That would be dishonest......or at least stupid.

you are demanding names of peolle who both lied about climate and tobacco.....LATELY. Right?

Only based on Old Rocks' moronic claim.
If you're saying no such testimony happened in the last 30 years,
I'll take your word that Old Rocks was full of shit, to be kind.
About fucking dumb, aren't you. Some of these nations did not exist in the 50's and 60's.

List of Worldwide Scientific Organizations
The following are scientific organizations that hold the position that Climate Change has been caused by human action:

1. Academia Chilena de Ciencias, Chile
  2. Academia das Ciencias de Lisboa, Portugal
  3. Academia de Ciencias de la República Dominicana
  4. Academia de Ciencias Físicas, Matemáticas y Naturales de Venezuela
  5. Academia de Ciencias Medicas, Fisicas y Naturales de Guatemala
  6. Academia Mexicana de Ciencias,Mexico
  7. Academia Nacional de Ciencias de Bolivia
  8. Academia Nacional de Ciencias del Peru
  9. Académie des Sciences et Techniques du Sénégal
  10. Académie des Sciences, France
  11. Academies of Arts, Humanities and Sciences of Canada
  12. Academy of Athens
  13. Academy of Science of Mozambique
  14. Academy of Science of South Africa
  15. Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS)
  16. Academy of Sciences Malaysia
  17. Academy of Sciences of Moldova
  18. Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
  19. Academy of Sciences of the Islamic Republic of Iran
  20. Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Egypt
  21. Academy of the Royal Society of New Zealand
  22. Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Italy
  23. Africa Centre for Climate and Earth Systems Science
  24. African Academy of Sciences
  25. Albanian Academy of Sciences
  26. Amazon Environmental Research Institute
  27. American Academy of Pediatrics
  28. American Anthropological Association
  29. American Association for the Advancement of Science
  30. American Association of State Climatologists (AASC)
  31. American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians
  32. American Astronomical Society
  33. American Chemical Society
  34. American College of Preventive Medicine
  35. American Fisheries Society
  36. American Geophysical Union
  37. American Institute of Biological Sciences
  38. American Institute of Physics
  39. American Meteorological Society
  40. American Physical Society
  41. American Public Health Association
  42. American Quaternary Association
  43. American Society for Microbiology
  44. American Society of Agronomy
  45. American Society of Civil Engineers
  46. American Society of Plant Biologists
  47. American Statistical Association
  48. Association of Ecosystem Research Centers
  49. Australian Academy of Science
  50. Australian Bureau of Meteorology
  51. Australian Coral Reef Society
  52. Australian Institute of Marine Science
  53. Australian Institute of Physics
  54. Australian Marine Sciences Association
  55. Australian Medical Association
  56. Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
  57. Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
  58. Botanical Society of America
  59. Brazilian Academy of Sciences
  60. British Antarctic Survey
  61. Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
  62. California Academy of Sciences
  63. Cameroon Academy of Sciences
  64. Canadian Association of Physicists
  65. Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences
  66. Canadian Geophysical Union
  67. Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
  68. Canadian Society of Soil Science
  69. Canadian Society of Zoologists
  70. Caribbean Academy of Sciences views
  71. Center for International Forestry Research
  72. Chinese Academy of Sciences
  73. Colombian Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences
  74. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) (Australia)
  75. Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
  76. Croatian Academy of Arts and Sciences
  77. Crop Science Society of America
  78. Cuban Academy of Sciences
  79. Delegation of the Finnish Academies of Science and Letters
  80. Ecological Society of America
  81. Ecological Society of Australia
  82. Environmental Protection Agency
  83. European Academy of Sciences and Arts
  84. European Federation of Geologists
  85. European Geosciences Union
  86. European Physical Society
  87. European Science Foundation
  88. Federation of American Scientists
  89. French Academy of Sciences
  90. Geological Society of America
  91. Geological Society of Australia
  92. Geological Society of London
  93. Georgian Academy of Sciences
  94. German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina
  95. Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences
  96. Indian National Science Academy
  97. Indonesian Academy of Sciences
  98. Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
  99. Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology
  100. Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand
  101. Institution of Mechanical Engineers, UK
  102. InterAcademy Council
  103. International Alliance of Research Universities
  104. International Arctic Science Committee
  105. International Association for Great Lakes Research
  106. International Council for Science
  107. International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences
  108. International Research Institute for Climate and Society
  109. International Union for Quaternary Research
  110. International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics
  111. International Union of Pure and Applied Physics
  112. Islamic World Academy of Sciences
  113. Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities
  114. Kenya National Academy of Sciences
  115. Korean Academy of Science and Technology
  116. Kosovo Academy of Sciences and Arts
  117. l'Académie des Sciences et Techniques du Sénégal
  118. Latin American Academy of Sciences
  119. Latvian Academy of Sciences
  120. Lithuanian Academy of Sciences
  121. Madagascar National Academy of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
  122. Mauritius Academy of Science and Technology
  123. Montenegrin Academy of Sciences and Arts
  124. National Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences, Argentina
  125. National Academy of Sciences of Armenia
  126. National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic
  127. National Academy of Sciences, Sri Lanka
  128. National Academy of Sciences, United States of America
  129. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
  130. National Association of Geoscience Teachers
  131. National Association of State Foresters
  132. National Center for Atmospheric Research
  133. National Council of Engineers Australia
  134. National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research, New Zealand
  135. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
  136. National Research Council
  137. National Science Foundation
  138. Natural England
  139. Natural Environment Research Council, UK
  140. Natural Science Collections Alliance
  141. Network of African Science Academies
  142. New York Academy of Sciences
  143. Nicaraguan Academy of Sciences
  144. Nigerian Academy of Sciences
  145. Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters
  146. Oklahoma Climatological Survey
  147. Organization of Biological Field Stations
  148. Pakistan Academy of Sciences
  149. Palestine Academy for Science and Technology
  150. Pew Center on Global Climate Change
  151. Polish Academy of Sciences
  152. Romanian Academy
  153. Royal Academies for Science and the Arts of Belgium
  154. Royal Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences of Spain
  155. Royal Astronomical Society, UK
  156. Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
  157. Royal Irish Academy
  158. Royal Meteorological Society (UK)
  159. Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
  160. Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
  161. Royal Scientific Society of Jordan
  162. Royal Society of Canada
  163. Royal Society of Chemistry, UK
  164. Royal Society of the United Kingdom
  165. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
  166. Russian Academy of Sciences
  167. Science and Technology, Australia
  168. Science Council of Japan
  169. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research
  170. Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics
  171. Scripps Institution of Oceanography
  172. Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
  173. Slovak Academy of Sciences
  174. Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
  175. Society for Ecological Restoration International
  176. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
  177. Society of American Foresters
  178. Society of Biology (UK)
  179. Society of Systematic Biologists
  180. Soil Science Society of America
  181. Sudan Academy of Sciences
  182. Sudanese National Academy of Science
  183. Tanzania Academy of Sciences
  184. The Wildlife Society (international)
  185. Turkish Academy of Sciences
  186. Uganda National Academy of Sciences
  187. Union of German Academies of Sciences and Humanities
  188. United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
  189. University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
  190. Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
  191. Woods Hole Research Center
  192. World Association of Zoos and Aquariums
  193. World Federation of Public Health Associations
  194. World Forestry Congress
  195. World Health Organization
  196. World Meteorological Organization
  197. Zambia Academy of Sciences
List of Worldwide Scientific Organizations - Office of Planning and Research

considering that you can't provide a single piece of observed measured data that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.
If course I can....literally mountains of it, all mutually supportive. Any 5 year old with a search engine can find mountains of it. What a freakish claim....

Of course you can't...because there is none. The best you can do is make the baseless claim that it exists...what you can't do is provide the first piece of it... Your best shot is making the impotent claim that you aren't going to produce it because you don't feel like it. What a laugh.

Link?

Scientists from the 1950s said smoking was harmless....and these scientists are still around today disputing AGW?

Those are some long lived scientists! I didn't see any names of these scientists that were testifying lately........

"Testifying lately"

Ah yes, the little sidestep. Okay, toddster, let's be clear: you are demanding names of peolle who both lied about climate and tobacco.....LATELY. Right? Of course, "lately" will change, as necessary....

Can we just agree that the same "merchants of doubt" facilitated and supported these campaigns? Actually, I think there's a book about it....;)

"Testifying lately"

All the Scientific Societies, all the Academies of Science, all the major Universities in the world have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. That is a damned powerful scientific consensus. Against that, we have a couple of scientists stating that is not the case. The same scientists that said in front of Congress that tobacco is harmless, after the tobacco companies enlarged their bank accounts.

Old Rocks was talking about things that were supposedly said in the 1950s or 1960s?

you are demanding names of peolle who both lied about climate and tobacco.....LATELY. Right?

About fucking dumb, aren't you. Some of these nations did not exist in the 50's and 60's.

The following are scientific organizations that hold the position that Climate Change has been caused by human action:

12. Academy of Athens
  74. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) (Australia)
  107. International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences
  138. Natural England
  152. Romanian Academy
  157. Royal Irish Academy

OK rocks..you have told us what the political heads of those organizations think...now...what do the actual scientists that make up those organizations think?

Appeal to authority...espeically authority that is interested in money is such a pitiful logical fallacy that one would think that even you would bet ashamed to employ it.

I'll add that to the already huge list of things you have no idea about.
That's deep, Toddster.

Yes, so was the proof of 97% consensus, using only 77 scientists.

Link?
On Tobacco
In a 2001 profile in Newsweek, journalist Fred Guterl wrote that Lindzen "clearly relishes the role of naysayer. He'll even expound on how weakly lung cancer is linked to cigarette smoking."[13] James Hansen recalls meeting Lindzen whilst testifying before the Vice President's Climate Task Force: "I considered asking Lindzen if he still believed there was no connection between smoking and lung cancer. He had been a witness for tobacco companies decades earlier, questioning the reliability of statistical connections between smoking and health problems. But I decided that would be too confrontational. When I met him at a later conference, I did ask that question, and was surprised by his response: He began rattling off all the problems with the data relating smoking to health problems, which was closely analogous to his views of climate data." [14]

Richard S. Lindzen - SourceWatch

There you go.

Thanks.
Now did you have one where a guy said tobacco is harmless?

Link?

"Testifying lately"

"Testifying lately"

12. Academy of Athens
  138. Natural England
  152. Romanian Academy
  157. Royal Irish Academy

Excellent!
Now how much money have they and their members received to push,
"It's global warming, we did it and we're doomed" positions?

OK, fellow, tell me, with all those bona fides, why are you not up in front of the American Geophysical Union demonstrating to all those peer level scientists as to why they are wrong on all the climate studies that they have been doing? How about the Geological Society of America? Have you addressed them, and straightened them out? You sound like Mr. Westwall. " I am so smart, no one wants to listen to me!" LOL

Never said they are ALL WRONG. And how many of those endorsements were APPROVED by the Membership.. Answer is virtually NONE of them were left to the Academy members. It's NOT a scientific endorsement. Those "statements" are POLITICAL statements only...

There exists a cadre of "activists in labcoats" who have HAUNTED and PERVERTED the public policy/media/political perception of the ACTUAL science from the beginning. If I had to guess, it's less than 1% of the vetted Climate Scientists. It is THEY who are responsible for losing the credibility of this section of science in it's infancy..

What accepted theorys?

That government $$$ is good to scientists?

Forum List

Back