Global warming is a bitch as Millions in US hunker down from frigid, deadly monster storm

All we have to do is that the USA spend $78 Trillion to fix a problem mostly caused by China, right?
That feels like jumping to Step 2 of a conversation, when a lot of people haven't even gotten past Step 1: Acknowledging that the issue exists at all.

It's also, in my experience, a setup for a slippery slope argument, keeping us from discussing the first link in a chain because you're afraid of what might happen ten or twenty or a hundred links further on.

It seems perfectly simple to me: Global warming is one of the numerous effects of climate change.

Our understanding of any kind of science grows as scientists learn more, that's the nature of science, so at first the message was about global warming (especially when it dropped into the hands of sensationalist media). Now, we know much more about it, and in twenty or fifty or a thousand years we'll know even more. Outside of a few misguided or glory-hungry outliers, though, almost every knowledgeable climate scientist agrees that climate change exists due to the actions of mankind, and it's going to get a lot worse, especially if we keep denying its existence.

Also, weather and climate are two different things and the fact that it is seven degrees outside now does not mean that global warming is a vicious hoax.

I don't understand the difficulty.

Ahhhh, if only we had that sort of power. Sadly, we don't.

That feels like jumping to Step 2 of a conversation, when a lot of people haven't even gotten past Step 1: Acknowledging that the issue exists at all.

It's also, in my experience, a setup for a slippery slope argument, keeping us from discussing the first link in a chain because you're afraid of what might happen ten or twenty or a hundred links further on.

Of course climate change exists. Mankind has no effect on it whatsoever.

Of course climate change exists. Mankind has no effect on it whatsoever.
The vast majority of the scientific community disagrees with you.

Can you please post one single repeatable scientific experiment that links a 120PPM increase in CO2 to a temperature increase?

Also, can you please explain why every single species currently on planet Earth can withstand annual temperature swings of 70 degrees but will go extinct at a 71 degree difference, which you claim is caused by an underlying condition that has never been demonstrated to increase temperature?

The vast majority of the scientific community disagrees with you.

Yeah, and have you noticed how every single one of them makes money from perpetuating the fraud?

Have you also noticed that there is no actual scientific research that supports them? Everything they say is based on computer models, and they never predict anything. They always use weasel words like "may", "suggests", "could", etc.

And finally, have you noticed how there are no draconian measures being demanded by the scientist? Nope, merely pay an extra tax to the government and you can keep right on polluting. A thinking person would wonder about that.

Are you a thinking person?

Forum List

Back