Global Warming. Here's the thing.

We are in the interglacial cycle of an ice age which began 2.7 million years ago. Congratulations... you just proved the planet warms during an interglacial phase.

We are 2C below the peak temperatures of the previous interglacial cycles. So if the previous interglacial cycles were 2C warmer than today, how do you know that CO2 is responsible for the warming you think you are seeing?

CO2 is a KNOWN greenhouse gas. If you don't know that, you're not worth talking to.

Solar panels. Does your roof have any? Does any of your neighbors roofs have any? Probably not. But probably to you, solar panels don't work. Right?
Solar panels will have a cooling effect on the planet. Because any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation that won't warm the surface of the planet.

So why would you want to have widespread solar power usage when we are in the middle of an ice age?

CO2 is a KNOWN greenhouse gas. If you don't know that, you're not worth talking to.
With respect to the total atmosphere the dominant greenhouse gas is water vapor. CO2 is a minor green house gas. It doesn't drive the climate of this planet. Land mass configuration does.

image7.gif

There is no science behind them.....They are pretty colored charts and graphs that appeal to easily conned rubes like you.

If you say that it doesn't matter whether CO2 lags the increase in temperature, then it is YOU who is the science denier, Corky..

Believe what you will. There is no changing a cultists mind. But when things start getting really hot really fast, what are you going to say. "Woops! Sorry."

Believe what you will. There is no changing a cultists mind. But when things start getting really hot really fast, what are you going to say. "Woops! Sorry."
How do you know you aren't the cultist?

Cultists believe what they are told to believe, right?

Don't you believe that CO2 is warming the planet because you were told to believe that by others?

Reactors won't save the planet. That's not the real problem. You probably seen my graphs in post #23. Compare them to this graph. There are now over 7 billion people on the planet. And as long as people have the freedom to screw freely, it isn't going to slow down.

View attachment 533341
Reactors won't save the planet.

They'd do a better job of it than windmills.

And as long as people have the freedom to screw freely, it isn't going to slow down.

You can't screw freely....has it slowed down?

Especially when you don't have one.
Are you suggesting you don't have a mind Todd? I think you do. It's just that over the last four years, you've allowed the distortions that American conservatism has suffered to affect you personally and to draw you away from the sensible fellow that used to be able to effectively use critical reasoning and turned you into someone for whom, apparently, fact no longer matter.

Are you suggesting you don't have a mind Todd? I think you do. It's just that over the last four years, you've allowed the distortions that American conservatism has suffered to affect you personally and to draw you away from the sensible fellow that used to be able to effectively use critical reasoning and turned you into someone for whom, apparently, fact no longer matter.

Are you suggesting you don't have a mind Todd?

The cultist poster I was responding to, "myself" has no mind.

Oh! Is that it? Man... WHOOOOSH! Right over my head! You're just too clever for me, man.

How do you know you aren't the cultist?

Cultists believe what they are told to believe, right?

Don't you believe that CO2 is warming the planet because you were told to believe that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't step out in front of buses because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't drink bleach because you were told that by others?
Don't believe you shouldn't play with a loaded gun because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't blow out your pilot lights because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't take all your medications at once because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't flirt with 8 year old girls because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't walk away from a burning campfire because you were told that by others?
This list could go on for a very, very long while.

We would all benefit if you did a great deal more thinking than you seem to be, BEFORE you post.

Don't you believe you shouldn't step out in front of buses because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't drink bleach because you were told that by others?
Don't believe you shouldn't play with a loaded gun because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't blow out your pilot lights because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't take all your medications at once because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't flirt with 8 year old girls because you were told that by others?
Don't you believe you shouldn't walk away from a burning campfire because you were told that by others?
This list could go on for a very, very long while.

We would all benefit if you did a great deal more thinking than you seem to be, BEFORE you post.
Who was it that threw out "cultist" first and why wasn't your post directed to him?

You are kind of selective with your righteous indignation.

Actually it does matter if CO2 lags or precedes temperature. It matters quite a lot. Prior to the industrial revolution CO2 was a proxy for temperature because of ocean sequestration. All the graphs (CO2, sea level and temoerature) moved in unison with CO2 lagging temperature and sea level rise. However since the industrial revolution the linkage between CO2, temperature and sea level is broken. So as CO2 has risen, you no longer see the same correlation with temperature and sea level.
Your denier graphs aside, it just stands to reason that the more CO2 is in the atmosphere, the warmer the earth will get. I have found websites that say CO2 lags temperature rise and others that say otherwise. Why? Because those making vast fortunes from the release of CO2 are able to post endless crap on the internet to support the denier cause. But here is a statistic that you probably won't believe. You will want the source. And after that you will want me to tell you what the person who wrote it had for breakfast. So for all the good it will do, here it is. Each year all the volcanoes on earth release around 200 million tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Every year the activities of humans are responsible for the release of 32.3 BILLION tons of CO2 into the biosphere.

1. China produces double our CO2, convince them first

2. There isn't one single experiment that shows any increase in temperature when CO2 increases from 280 to 400PPM.
We don't need to convince China of anything. They already know but just don't care. They are probably those the types of people who actually look forward to doomsday. And considering their plague of humanity, I can't say I blame them much. But there is something we can do besides convince them of anything. Stop having our products made there and have them made here. Where we have environmental standards. And people can find work at other places besides McDonalds. Next, we don't need experiments. I posted a number of graphs in post #23 that tell the tale.

Good thing those contraptions last forever, don't rely upon totally environmentally unfriendly manufacturing processes, and are 100% recyclable!

Oh wait.....
The last time I checked, they last around 24 years. And it takes the energy output from them in 1 to 4 years to create the energy that it took to make them. From mining the materials they are made from up to the finished product. As to how recyclable they are, it doesn't matter much considering how much we get out of them. Then, look at plastic bottles. Each year we throw away enough of them that placed end to end would circle the earth 5 times.

Your denier graphs aside, it just stands to reason that the more CO2 is in the atmosphere, the warmer the earth will get. I have found websites that say CO2 lags temperature rise and others that say otherwise. Why? Because those making vast fortunes from the release of CO2 are able to post endless crap on the internet to support the denier cause. But here is a statistic that you probably won't believe. You will want the source. And after that you will want me to tell you what the person who wrote it had for breakfast. So for all the good it will do, here it is. Each year all the volcanoes on earth release around 200 million tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Every year the activities of humans are responsible for the release of 32.3 BILLION tons of CO2 into the biosphere.
How much of that CO2 do think the US emits?

Forum List

Back