Global Warming. Here's the thing.

We don't need to convince China of anything. They already know but just don't care. They are probably those the types of people who actually look forward to doomsday. And considering their plague of humanity, I can't say I blame them much. But there is something we can do besides convince them of anything. Stop having our products made there and have them made here. Where we have environmental standards. And people can find work at other places besides McDonalds. Next, we don't need experiments. I posted a number of graphs in post #23 that tell the tale.
So if the last four interglacial cycles were 2C warmer than we are today, how do you know the warming isn't natural? Why do you think it wouldn't eventually get another 2C hotter before it transitioned to another glacial cycle like it did 33 times over the past 3 million years?

Last edited:
With respect to the total atmosphere the dominant greenhouse gas is water vapor. CO2 is a minor green house gas. It doesn't drive the climate of this planet. Land mass configuration does.

View attachment 533347

The position of continents does effect climate. But they haven't move much since the beginning of the industrial revolution. But global temperatures sure have. Upwards. At an ever increasing angle.

How do you know you aren't the cultist?

Cultists believe what they are told to believe, right?

Don't you believe that CO2 is warming the planet because you were told to believe that by others?

Science isn't a cult. That there are over 7 billion people on the planet is a fact. Not a cultish belief.

The position of continents does effect climate. But they haven't move much since the beginning of the industrial revolution. But global temperatures sure have. Upwards. At an ever increasing angle.
Yeah, it does. It's the reason for the transition from a greenhouse world to an ice house world 3 million years ago.

The polar regions became isolated from the warmer marine currents. That along with the rise of the Himalayas and the Panama isthmus affected circulation patterns in the atmosphere and ocean.

It's really a shame more people don't understand the real science behind the earth's climate.

So if the last four interglacial cycles were 2C warmer than we are today, how do you know the warming isn't natural? Why do you think it wouldn't eventually get another 2C hotter before it transitioned to another glacial cycle like it did 33 times over the past 3 million years?

There's no need to bring world history into it. All that matters is what has been going on over the last 100 years or so.

Yeah, it does. It's the reason for the transition from a greenhouse world to an ice house world 3 million years ago.

The polar regions became isolated from the warmer marine currents. That along with the rise of the Himalayas and the Panama isthmus affected circulation patterns in the atmosphere and ocean.

It's really a shame more people don't understand the real science behind the earth's climate.

You need to slow your roll and read what I said. I said the position of continents DOES effect the climate.

Less than China. But that doesn't matter. The statistic I gave was true. We all have to do something about it.
How much less?

Did you know that our emissions have been declining for almost two decades?

Did you know that our emissions could go to zero overnight and the rest of the world would replace it in five years.

So... Why doesn't it matter?

There's no need to bring world history into it. All that matters is what has been going on over the last 100 years or so.
It's not world history it's the history of earth's climate. Even the IPCC agrees that it's important to understand past climates. Are you disagreeing with the IPCC?

You need to slow your roll and read what I said. I said the position of continents DOES effect the climate.
Bipolar glaciation does affect the earth's climate. It's been driving earth's climate for 3 million years.

Probably because of something all scientific and stuff. You know. Those things that are over your head.
So you believe them without knowing why they say that?

Is a crater that you can see with your own eyes over your head?

I strongly urge you to look closely at the vertical scale on these graphs before concluding that the sun has made ANY significant change in the last century. I am NOT suggesting the people who graphed these data had ANY intention to deceive, but these are what are known as "whoopee graphs". If the vertical scale went from, say, 0 to 1400 W/m^2) the variability would be essentially invisible.

View attachment 530524
View attachment 530525
View attachment 530526
So there IS a driver for Kondratieff Long Cycles

The sixth Kondratieff – long waves of prosperity From the invention of the steam engine to the internet, the last 200 years the economy has gone through five long (Kondratieff-)waves. Many investors are now asking whether the environment, biotechnology and health sectors serve as the economic engines of the future and put us back on a path of sustainable growth?

Greg

Global warming has gone beyond a weather related theory. It is a genuine religion where true believers have to rely on faith rather than what your senses tell you. The 1st of September in the western part of Va. is usually a portent to the Fall season and it didn't disappoint today. A dramatic temperature drop into the 70's. What I'm trying to say is that everything looks normal.

Because we know from direct measurements for the past 880,000 years, and proxies prior to that what the CO2 and CH4 levels were. You could try to look at scientific journals put out by Scientific Societies like the Geological Society of America and the American Geophysical Union. But, of course, you have to have a scientific vocabulary exceeding that of a third grader to read and understand the articles. Sorry about that.

Global warming has gone beyond a weather related theory. It is a genuine religion where true believers have to rely on faith rather than what your senses tell you. The 1st of September in the western part of Va. is usually a portent to the Fall season and it didn't disappoint today. A dramatic temperature drop into the 70's. What I'm trying to say is that everything looks normal.
Fine in my backyard, so the rest of the world has to be fine. Damn, what an idiotic thing to say. By the way, how does your backyard look at the moment?

Forum List

Back