Global Warming (Assuming It's Happening) is a Blessing From God

In a thread in the environmental forum.

Defective algebra?
Manufacturing and distributing products creates pollution and CO2 even if it is not exactly a pollutant. If planned obsolescence is occurring in consumer products then more pollutants and CO2 are produced than necessary.

Now a lot of the push back about climate is about economics. So what if part of our problem is that we are indoctrinated to think about economics WRONG? Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations is in Project Gutenberg. You can download it and search it. Search it for "and account". Smith used the word education EIGHTY TIMES and said, "read, write and account" multiple times not "read, write and arithmetic."

But Smith did not live in a world with planned obsolescence and complicated technology where you practically had to be an engineer to evaluate the consumer products. He wrote about making PINS! So if unnecessary depreciation of consumer trash means unnecessary manufacturing then it becomes part of the climate issue.

So economists not talking about planned obsolescence since 1960 and climate scientists not talking about it since 1990 are part of the issue too.

GDP is a lie because of "wearing out".

My entire world has been turned upside down.

Damn you psikey!!!!

LOL.
GDP is Grossly Distorted Propaganda

NDP = GDP - Dcap [Western economic calculation]
NDP = GDP - (Dcap + Dcon) [reality]

Dcap: Depreciation of Capital Goods
Dcon: Depreciation of Durable Consumer Goods

It is not my fault that economists have not been able to solve an algebra problem since Sputnik. But what bank or corporation would hire an economist that did? LOL

Depreciation is a line item on the expense side of the Income Statement ... personal finances don't generate Income Statements ... you can, but it's redundant ...
You are telling us that rules and laws and numbers are more important than reality.

When cave men chipped stones to make sharp edges for stone axes those edges got dull with use. That was DEPRECIATION! Line items did not matter.

Mathematics and paperwork is great. But how often is it used to confuse people rather than help them understand reality?

Check out a book:

The Screwing of the Average Man by David Hapgood

Last edited:
You are telling us that rules and laws and numbers are more important than reality.

When cave men chipped stones to make sharp edges for stone axes those edges got dull with use. That was DEPRECIATION! Line items did not matter.

Mathematics and paperwork is great. But how often is it used to confuse people rather than help them understand reality?

Check out a book:

The Screwing of the Average Man by David Hapgood

Like I said above ... you've never depreciated an asset in your entire life ... how do you recapture stone axes? ...

I know ... you don't have any money ... high finances are way over your head ... butt hank you for paying my fair share of the tax load ...

Like I said above ... you've never depreciated an asset in your entire life ... how do you recapture stone axes? ...

I know ... you don't have any money ... high finances are way over your head ... butt hank you for paying my fair share of the tax load ...
Yeah, yeah the people with the ASSETS need other people to fall for the smoke and mirrors.

IBM couldn't provide benchmark data on the computers I was repairing. Or just chose not to. LOL

Yeah, yeah the people with the ASSETS need other people to fall for the smoke and mirrors.

IBM couldn't provide benchmark data on the computers I was repairing. Or just chose not to. LOL

Yeah ... there's a sucker born every minute ... that's your money in my pocket ... maybe you should learn how to do this yourself ... instead of bitching because you're poor ... here's a clue, get a job and move out from your parents' house ...

NDP = GDP - Dcap [Western economic calculation]

Dcap: Depreciation of Capital Goods
Dcon: Depreciation of Durable Consumer Goods

It is not my fault that economists have not been able to solve an algebra problem since Sputnik. But what bank or corporation would hire an economist that did? LOL

In that case, you definitely shouldn't use it.

You should calculate and publish it.
No doubt it will made you rich and famous.

It is not my fault that economists have not been able to solve an algebra problem since Sputnik.

You're the only one who cares. Genius often goes unrecognized.

In that case, you definitely shouldn't use it.

You should calculate and publish it.
No doubt it will made you rich and famous.

It is not my fault that economists have not been able to solve an algebra problem since Sputnik.

You're the only one who cares. Genius often goes unrecognized.
Death by Sarcasm.

Actually I emailed 500 economists around the world in 2005. Someone at the London School of Economics sent back, "What are we supposed to do about it."

It is just that old saying, "Do the math."

PhD economists are going to fall all over themselves admitting such an error. The current concept of economic growth depends on that error. When was the last time you heard an economist advocating mandatory accounting/finance in the schools.

In 2005 I stumbled across information on Raymond Goldsmith PhD. He died in 1988. He was writing about the depreciation of durable consumer goods in the 1950s.

Manufacturing and distributing products creates pollution and CO2 even if it is not exactly a pollutant. If planned obsolescence is occurring in consumer products then more pollutants and CO2 are produced than necessary.

Now a lot of the push back about climate is about economics. So what if part of our problem is that we are indoctrinated to think about economics WRONG? Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations is in Project Gutenberg. You can download it and search it. Search it for "and account". Smith used the word education EIGHTY TIMES and said, "read, write and account" multiple times not "read, write and arithmetic."

But Smith did not live in a world with planned obsolescence and complicated technology where you practically had to be an engineer to evaluate the consumer products. He wrote about making PINS! So if unnecessary depreciation of consumer trash means unnecessary manufacturing then it becomes part of the climate issue.

So economists not talking about planned obsolescence since 1960 and climate scientists not talking about it since 1990 are part of the issue too.
So what's the answer? What's the solution?

So what's the answer? What's the solution?
LOL

In Feb 1999 I first posted this:

Economic Wargames Opinion: (no title)

It has appeared and disappeared on various websites over the years. Letting Gen Z become another long term block of dumb consumers is certainly not a solution.

Curious how neither the Left nor the Right advocate mandatory accounting/finance in the schools.

LOL

In Feb 1999 I first posted this:

Economic Wargames Opinion: (no title)

It has appeared and disappeared on various websites over the years. Letting Gen Z become another long term block of dumb consumers is certainly not a solution.

Curious how neither the Left nor the Right advocate mandatory accounting/finance in the schools.
I just need a thumbnail version. Can you summarize it in a couple of sentences.

My being a Catholic helps me assume a positive outlook on pretty much everything. And so it is with global warming. Climate change is nothing outside the normal cycles the earth has experienced for millennia. But I am very excited to think we might be exiting an ice and and earth is warming up again. 68% of earth's landmass is north of the Equator. If Earth warms up, there will be huge areas in Siberia and Canada that will become habitable. Much more land will be available for earth's growing population. Much more land, once barren and frozen, will be usable as farmland. It will be an exciting prosperous time to be alive.

A 2019 Russian study, showed this very thing is possible. Any American 'scientist' who came up with such an analysis, of course, would soon find himself unemployed.

"Our simulations showed that under RCP8.5, by the 2080s Asian Russia would have a milder climate, with less permafrost coverage, decreasing from the contemporary 65 per cent to 40 per cent of the area by the 2080s."

The researchers also found that even under the RCP 2.6 scenario, the ELP for human sustainability would improve in more than 15 per cent of the area, which could allow for a five-fold increase in the in the capacity of the territory to sustain and become attractive to human populations.

This of course, is bad news for the left. First, they don't believe in the stuff they're pedaling. They don't believe sea levels are rising Every wealthy leftist in the world has a mansion by the ocean: 0bama, Algore, Gates, Soros....you name it. But they push this meme solely in order to extract huge sums from American taxpayers. And so the positive side of global warming, if it exists, is NOT what these people want. It scuttles their scam.
Buffalo agrees.

Most of us posting here have seen this rocks population double in our time

But we seldom see this included in 'the math' looking down the road

~S~
Probably because there are too many variables. Just know this... it would be unusual if a thinning of the heard never occurred.

I just need a thumbnail version. Can you summarize it in a couple of sentences.

He can't ... he complains about the algebra ... then can't show us ...

Algebra says 2+2=4 ...IRS regulations says 2+2=4 ... a good accountant can make 2+2 equal to anything we need it to equal ... like a $3,671,000 refundable tax credit? ... go ahead and look through The Donald's tax returns ... learn something new ...

Forum List

Back