Ginscpy's everlasting gobstopper Beatles thread - 69 threads combined!

Name another group that - over 40 years later - have one of their album covers a tourist attraction.

(the crosswalk on Abbey Road)

as far as them being more style than talent: by far those most talented group that ever existed.

If ANY ONE of the 4 had not been around - nobody would have heard much of them outside Liverpool.

Name another group that - over 40 years later - have one of their album covers a tourist attraction.

(the crosswalk on Abbey Road)

as far as them being more style than talent: by far those most talented group that ever existed.

If ANY ONE of the 4 had not been around - nobody would have heard much of them outside Liverpool.

ummm... I dummo... mebbe it's just me... but I don't think the Abbey Roads tourist attraction is relevant grounds for judging which musical act is the most talented...

Yeah -the Fab 4 was really a flop in Ed Sullivan and the 2 concerts in Shea Stadium..........................

Yeah -the Fab 4 was really a flop in Ed Sullivan and the 2 concerts in Shea Stadium..........................

~400 concerts vs. ~2300 The GD were clearly a more prolific live group.

The Beatles were a pop band. I'm not denigrating them. They're one of my favorite bands and their artistry in the studio is unmatched in history. But rock n roll is played on a stage, live, in front of the audience, in person.

Last edited:
I could name the members of the Beatles for $10 million - I couldnt name one member of the Gratefull Dead except for Jerry Garcia

Even namingthe Stones is a challenge

I could name the members of the Beatles for $10 million - I couldnt name one member of the Gratefull Dead except for Jerry Garcia

oh yeah sure... the fact that a lowly worm is able to name all four members of the band is proof that the band deserves to be named the greatest musical act ever...

You don't have to name them for them to be good.

Stones have also played in excess of 2k shows.

and you don't have to name 'em all for them to suck...

I can name all the Stones... and they've sucked for the last 35 years...

Your criticism is so original, in depth, and Earth shattering.

I'm not a big stones fan myself. But they are a real live rock n roll band - vs. a studio pop band.

Your criticism is so original, in depth, and Earth shattering.

I'm not a big stones fan myself. But they are a real live rock n roll band - vs. a studio pop band.

whoa... nearly missed the sarcasm... almost went right over my head...

doesn't take away from the fact that the Stones have sucked since prolly before you were born... (I'm guessing you're, what, late 20's at the most...?)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miUdjQ8zs8Q]The High Numbers Live! - Ooh Poo Pah Doo 1964 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Studio pop band - probably before your time

Disbanded by their 30s

Messy split-up - freaking Beatles wives ...........................

They woulnt have been good for the shalow 1970s anyway

Refused to re-unite (good call)

OH LOOK ! Sylvester Stallone and the car washerz !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HanKNe502i4&feature=related]The Beatles - Revolution - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back