Ginscpy's everlasting gobstopper Beatles thread - 69 threads combined!

I think they would still have made it. Ringo contributed next to nothing to the creative process. But I sure do love those simple Ringo drum fills.

Nobody wouldhave heard of theBeatles with Pete Best/

Just my opinion

I think they would still have made it. Ringo contributed next to nothing to the creative process. But I sure do love those simple Ringo drum fills.

Ringo was a great drummer and rounded out the "cutesy" thing the Beatles had going on. He also wrote several songs.

Ringo was a great drummer and rounded out the "cutesy" thing the Beatles had going on. He also wrote several songs.

Don't get me wrong. I love Ringo's drumming. It fit like a glove with the Beatles' music. And yes, he did write a few songs; but I don't think that Ringo was the member that kept the Beatles alive or gave them that special thing. Lennon and McCartney were the main creative force behind their work. I do wish that Harrison had gotten more tunes on their albums. He was always my second favorite songwriter in the group behind Lennon.

The Beatles would still be the most important musical group post World War II hands down, whether the drummer was Pete or Best, neither of whom can or could ever hold the drumsticks of a Charlie Watts or Ginger Baker.

Don't get me wrong. I love Ringo's drumming. It fit like a glove with the Beatles' music. And yes, he did write a few songs; but I don't think that Ringo was the member that kept the Beatles alive or gave them that special thing. Lennon and McCartney were the main creative force behind their work. I do wish that Harrison had gotten more tunes on their albums. He was always my second favorite songwriter in the group behind Lennon.

exactly.....it would not have mattered even if Joe Blow was the drummer.....Ringo kept a beat and thats all the Drummer of the Beatles had to do.....to say they would not have made it with Pete Best,like our so called "Beatle expert" says is kinda ridiculous....

The Beatles would still be the most important musical group post World War II hands down, whether the drummer was Pete or Best, neither of whom can or could ever hold the drumsticks of a Charlie Watts or Ginger Baker.

Jake a Drummer like Ginger Baker would have fell asleep playing in the Beatles......just sayin.....

Ginger Baker slept most of the time he was drumming 'causa da drugs, man; but when he was awake, wow!

NOBODY would haveheard of the Beatles if they hand fired Pete Best.

A more significant battle was between Beck, Paige and Clapton which had the potential of being the greatest ever. (Yardbirds). None regret history. Jeff and Eric anyhow......I never knew Jimmy.

He wrote 1, and co-wrote another.

His musical additions to The Beatles is pretty much non-existent, he's not a great drummer on top of that (not awful though).

However I think without Ringo The Beatles don't stay together as long as they do. He was by far the most popular member within the group. They probably wouldn't have released many of their later albums without him, and broken up much sooner.

George is my favorite song-writer from The Beatles. Most songs off of All Things Must Pass were songs that were rejected by John or Paul. And that record is just as good as any Beatles album in my opinion. Huge George fan, and as a solo artist I don't think John, and certainly not Paul, are as good.

Last edited:

He wrote 1, and co-wrote another.

His musical additions to The Beatles is pretty much non-existent, he's not a great drummer on top of that (not awful though).

However I think without Ringo The Beatles don't stay together as long as they do. He was by far the most popular member within the group. They probably wouldn't have released many of their later albums without him, and broken up much sooner.

George is my favorite song-writer from The Beatles. Most songs off of All Things Must Pass were songs that were rejected by John or Paul. And that record is just as good as any Beatles album in my opinion. Huge George fan, and as a solo artist I don't think John, and certainly not Paul, are as good.

All Things is a great album, but, imo, his other albums weren't as consistent (though Give Me Love is one of my all time favorite solo Beatles tunes). John's first, The Plastic Ono Band, is my favorite solo Beatles album. Though, much like George and Paul, the rest of his albums were inconsistent.

The Beatles are the most overrated band in modern history.

That being said, in their place in time- from 1960-1970 - they were greater than anyone else.

I still listen to Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road... They really knew how to write smart, catchy songs.

The Beatles are the most overrated band in modern history.

That being said, in their place in time- from 1960-1970 - they were greater than anyone else.

I still listen to Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road... They really knew how to write smart, catchy songs.

In some regards, I def. think they are. They didn't have tons of musicial talent (other than Paul-I never thought any of them were particular great at their instruments). In fact I think John was a pretty poor guitar player.

I think it's their influence that makes them so great-not necessarily their music. Without them modern music looks and feels very differently.

Forum List

Back