Ginsburg defends Kavanaugh

She's been a lousy judge, but conservatives who know her say she is a decent human being. She and Scalia were very good friends; their families would even go on vacation together.

You know, I've never considered the word decent to be a ringing endorsement. I remember being at Denny's as a kid, and the waiter came over to check on us at one point and asked "is the food decent?" That continues to provide laughs to this day. As a result, I've always associated that adjective--and whomever/whatever it's being used to describe--with Denny's.

Woah! Someone sound the plantation escape alarm we got one going rogue!

She also stated she doesn't want the court stacked as the lefties do

Do not both sides want the court stacked? Was that not given as one of the main reasons to vote for Trump, so he could stack the courts?

Woah! Someone sound the plantation escape alarm we got one going rogue! She also stated she doesn't want the court stacked as the lefties do
Do not both sides want the court stacked? Was that not given as one of the main reasons to vote for Trump, so he could stack the courts?
No but rather to stop Shrillary from doing so and if all goes according to plan the USSC will defend our rights & protections - as spelled out in the Constitution - for decades.
The look one gets when that dream fizzles:

• Banned

I have not heard any conservative say he wants more judges on the court.

Are you getting old and senile? Hell, there have been threads on this forum hoping that Gingsburg would die so Trump could appoint one more Justice.

• Banned

Are you getting old and senile? Hell, there have been threads on this forum hoping that Gingsburg would die so Trump could appoint one more Justice.

That has nothing to do with increasing the size of the court.
Old? I guess. Senile? No, just better informed I guess.

There is a difference between naming justices to existing vacancies and "stacking" the court by adding additional seats. It's what FDR attempted to do. It's what some Democrats are calling for now. It's a terrible idea and goes counter to the concept of separation of powers.

Stacking the court has nothing to do with increasing its size either, it has to do with putting more of one side on the court.

Stacking the court has nothing to do with increasing its size either, it has to do with putting more of one side on the court.

LOL...you obviously don't understand what the term means, GG! You might want to do a little research before you make a bigger ass of yourself...just saying...

LOL...you obviously don't understand what the term means, GG! You might want to do a little research before you make a bigger ass of yourself...just saying...

No, I do understand what the term means, it is you that is mistaken. You are confusing "packing" with "stacking".

Here are some examples of stacking...

Trump team convinced court overhaul will drive 2020 win

Trump’s team believes that stacking the judicial system with conservative judges galvanizes the base, demonstrates his ability to follow through on a 2016 campaign promise and will help win over crucial 2020 states like Colorado, Florida and North Carolina.

Trump's stacking of federal courts in Texas with conservative judges could have decades-long impact | Donald Trump | Dallas News

Trump's stacking of federal courts in Texas with conservative judges could have decades-long impact

I'm thinking her time is neigh. She also knows that the tables can be turned in a heartbeat. In ten years it can be a democratic pick whose name is drug through the mud.

No, I do understand what the term means, it is you that is mistaken. You are confusing "packing" with "stacking".

Trump’s team believes that stacking the judicial system with conservative judges galvanizes the base, demonstrates his ability to follow through on a 2016 campaign promise and will help win over crucial 2020 states like Colorado, Florida and North Carolina.

Trump's stacking of federal courts in Texas with conservative judges could have decades-long impact | Donald Trump | Dallas News

Trump's stacking of federal courts in Texas with conservative judges could have decades-long impact

A liberal journalist accusing Trump of "stacking" the courts simply because he's naming judges to existing slots is just as ignorant of the term as you are, GG!

A liberal journalist accusing Trump of "stacking" the courts simply because he's naming judges to existing slots is just as ignorant of the term as you are, GG!

The term you are thinking of is “packing”, not “stacking”.

Definition of court packing | Dictionary.com

What is court packing

during the Kavanaugh hearings, Ginsburg called Kavanaugh "a judicial prostitute"

after he became justice, she said that "he has a Cadillac's intellect in a lamborghini's job"!

Forum List

Back