Getting to know you questions.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
2. What fictional place would you most like to go?
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on?
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child?
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
7. What do you consider to be your best find?
8. If you could invite any deceased person for a dinner for one night, who would you choose?
9. What are some small things that make your day better?
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
11. What’s your dream car?
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
14. What is special about the place you grew up?
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?

2. What fictional place would you most like to go? The Shire
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Raking leaves
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Bora Bora snorkeling
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? Going to see farm animals at the fair with Dad
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? LOTRs or Hobbit trilogies
7. What do you consider to be your best find? My furkids
8. If you could invite any deceased person for a dinner for one night, who would you choose? Jesus
9. What are some small things that make your day better? Kindesses extended to me by strangers
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Action
11. What’s your dream car? 1972 GTO
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? Ornate gothic desk
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Finding a map that fetched a bunch on ebay.
14. What is special about the place you grew up? It was the 1950's small town, easy going.
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? my bicycle

1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Run a home near the ocean that gives vacations to people who take care of family members and are burned out and need a break.
2. What fictional place would you most like to go? Charlie Brown's house hang out with snoopy
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Sleeping
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Visit Holy land
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? A mom/daughter camping trip near Flagstaff
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? The game Clue
7. What do you consider to be your best find? 2 cent penny from 1865
8. If you could invite any deceased person for a dinner for one night, who would you choose? Jesus
9. What are some small things that make your day better? My family and Pets
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Books Non-fiction Movies Dark Comedy
11. What’s your dream car? 1950's Bentley
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? Patio furniture
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Got away from domestic violence alive
14. What is special about the place you grew up? Moved a lot met interesting people
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Had lots of them but I guess Skateboard.

1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Sailing.
2. What fictional place would you most like to go? Through the StarGate
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Snappy retorts on the net
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Sailing around the world in my own rather large sailboat.
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? Going in the woods
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Dunno
7. What do you consider to be your best find? My wife
8. If you could invite any deceased person for a dinner for one night, who would you choose? None
9. What are some small things that make your day better? Going for a walk, not having to work.
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Sci Fi
11. What’s your dream car? Lamborghini
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? A house
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? My Wife
14. What is special about the place you grew up? They had Hot Springs and mountains
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? U control planes

1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Sailing
2. What fictional place would you most like to go? Hogwarts
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Pierogi making. lol
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Space travel
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? Christmas Eve traditions
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Lord of the Rings
7. What do you consider to be your best find? My husband
8. If you could invite any deceased person for a dinner for one night, who would you choose?
Ben Franklin
9. What are some small things that make your day better? Simple manners
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Fantasy
11. What’s your dream car? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? A wardrobe
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? I won $1,200 on the first slot I ever played in Vegas
14. What is special about the place you grew up? The sled riding hills were pretty awesome
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Legos

1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Artificial Intelligence.
2. What fictional place would you most like to go? Bradbury's Green Town, Illinois, from "Dandelion Wine".
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Pencil flipping.
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Touring through time.
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? Impossible. Too many.
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? The Twilight Zone
7. What do you consider to be your best find? So far a mint condition copy of H.P. Lovecraft's "Shadow Over Innsmouth" (1936)
. If you could invite any deceased person for a dinner for one night, who would you choose? Dad. I have some questions.
9. What are some small things that make your day better? Coffee and Ibuprofen.
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Magical realism, science-fiction, horror, history, politics.
11. What’s your dream car? I own it already. 1970 Olds Cutlass 4-4-2.
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? Right now? A toothpick.
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? The guy that shot at us missed.
14. What is special about the place you grew up? See "Green Town" above. Many similarities.
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? I had a cardboard gun safe filled with toy guns.

1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Training horses
2. What fictional place would you most like to go? Atlantis
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? lawn tractor race
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Riding a mule in Grand Canyon
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? Camping
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Wild West
7. What do you consider to be your best find? my husband
8. If you could invite any deceased person for a dinner for one night, who would you choose? John Audubon
9. What are some small things that make your day better? birds
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? non fiction
11. What’s your dream car? Jeep wrangler
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? dog cart
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? meeting my husband
14. What is special about the place you grew up? good fishing
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? bike

3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Raking leaves
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Bora Bora snorkeling
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? Going to see farm animals at the fair with Dad
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? LOTRs or Hobbit trilogies
9. What are some small things that make your day better? Kindesses extended to me by strangers
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? Ornate gothic desk
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Finding a map that fetched a bunch on ebay.
14. What is special about the place you grew up? It was the 1950's small town, easy going.
I forgot to answer #1:
Have a HUGE boarding house on land to house seniors and veterans...on lots of fenced in land to take in unwanted pets for their forever homes.

3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
Answers:

1 - blue water sailing

2 - Shangri La

3 - Knife fighting

4 - 7 summits

5 - stealing strawberries from a farmer's field

6 - Star Trek

7 - $1.5 million tax refund for my employer in 1993

8 - Cleopatra

9 - 50-50 coffee cocoa mix in the early mornings

10 - philosophy

11 - Rolls Royce

12 - Sailboat

13 - sex with a nurse at the age of 12

14 - the creek

15 - two toy six-guns and holster

Last edited:
I forgot to answer #1:
Have a HUGE boarding house on land to house seniors and veterans...on lots of fenced in land to take in unwanted pets for their forever homes.
You said "hobby".

Social work is not a hobby.

Social work is work.

1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Sailing
2. What fictional place would you most like to go? Hogwarts
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Pierogi making. lol
4. What would be the most amazing adventure for you to go on? Space travel
5. What is your favorite memory when you were a child? Christmas Eve traditions
6. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Lord of the Rings
7. What do you consider to be your best find? My husband
Ben Franklin
9. What are some small things that make your day better? Simple manners
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Fantasy
11. What’s your dream car? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
12. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? A wardrobe
13. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? I won $1,200 on the first slot I ever played in Vegas
14. What is special about the place you grew up? The sled riding hills were pretty awesome
15. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Legos
Lord Of The Rings was J.R.R. Tolkien's vivid recollections of WW1 as a British lieutenant. The Germans were his orc's.

Gandalf and his red ring, Galadriel and her white ring, and Elrond with his blue ring represented the USA which saved England's and France's azz at the end of WW1.

Last edited:
I forgot to answer #1:
You said "hobby".

Social work is work.
Don't be getting all pointy with me. Might be social work for you but for me..it would be a blessing. For them. And especially for ME.

My dream is to be in control of my team on NFL draft day and to finally draft some good offensive linemen. Heaven is the largest bookstore ever created with quiet comfy seating and first rate food court.

Raising thoroughbreds.

Rivendell

Cooking

World cruise on the QM II

Warm summer nights chasing fireflies.

Camelot

Mr. SG

My grandmother

Waking to the aroma of coffee.

Supernatural thrillers ala Koontz.

70's era lime green fiat convertible

A small daysailer.

Being able to call some wonderful people - friend.

As an Army brat growing up on various Posts, attending awesome schools and meeting other Army brats.

Big Blue, my bike. We had amazing adventures together.

Fresh new questions!
  • If you woke up tomorrow as an animal, what animal would you choose to be and why?
  • If you could live anywhere on this planet and take everything that you love with you, where would you choose to live? Tell the group about your choice.
  • What favorite color are you and how does being that color make you feel?
  • If you could choose an imaginary friend, who would you choose and why?
  • If you could sit on a bench in a beautiful woods, who would you like sitting next to you on the bench and why?
  • Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight, or night? Please share why you picked your time of day?

• If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
  • If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
  • If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose and why?
  • If you were a city, which city would you choose to be and why?
  • What are your ten favorite foods?

Writing.

The Metaverse in Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash. We're almost there.

Debate.

Diving to the bottom of the ocean in a bathyscaphe.

Can't think of any at the moment.

Zork.

My wife.

Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

My dog, naps, and black tea.

Lately I have been into non-fiction books based around economics. Yikes!

A 1914 Stutz Bearcat. See photo below.

I have an idea for a wood box that has buttons and levers and switches which cause various odd noises and lights to activate. I have been gathering parts for a while now. Time to get busy and build it.

My wife agreed to our first date.

One of the prettiest places on Earth to be in autumn.

A fire truck. It was all metal. All toy trucks and cars were metal back then. Indestructible. The fire truck was three feet long with a big ladder that went up, up, up! It was awesome.

Stutz_Bearcat.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to answer #1:
You said "hobby".

Social work is work.
Not if you enjoy it.

Forum List

Back