Getting Boosted Today

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm scheduled to get my third shot today - Pfizer, if I get the choice. I'm a little late to the party; I got my second shot way back in May, but apparently I have not died or got the cooties in the interim, so I'm "safe," right?

I am 72 years old and in reasonably good health. It is my understanding that with the help of this shot I am no less likely to "test positive" in the coming months, but if I do contract any variant of the virus I am less likely to need hospitalization, or - God forbid - succumb to the disease. I fully anticipate that this demand will be made of me every six months or so until I die, one way or another.

Isn't it bizarre how the figurative "goalposts" have first moved on this campaign to eradicate Covid, and now the goalposts are almost completely concealed in a barrage of conflicting, illogical, and intentionally false "information" on the subject. Do we all remember when we were told that in the foreseeable future (6 months ago?), most Americans would either be vaccinated or recovered, shielding us all with "mass immunity," so that we could then start going about our normal business.

And yet, if "we" are to follow the recommendations of the Powers That Be we are in EXACTLY the same situation that we were a year ago, to wit, wear a mask, socially distance, and don't go indoors with other humans unless absolutely necessary. But for some reason football and basketball games seem to have been granted a dispensation for ticket-buying patrons. Curious, isn't it? I have heard or read not a single article positing that these hundred-thousand-fan football games were "super-spreader events" like, say, the Sturgis MC rally was. Smart virus, I suppose.

To any Leftists out there that might still be reading this, I am a Conservative (card-carrying member of the Great Right Wing Conspiracy) who is both vaccinated, supports vaccination, and opposed to any vaccination mandates.

Good for you!

Maybe some of the idiots around here will get vaccinated too.

Way easier than drowning to death in your own mucus.

On a related note, I learned a little while ago that a bowling friend - not vaccinated - died from Covid yesterday. Afraid of needles if you can imagine that. Had a bad reaction to a flu shot a couple years ago. 74 years old and seemingly healthy - until she wasn't.

While I had no reaction at all to shots #1 & 2, the booster resulted in a very tender left shoulder that actually prevented me from getting a night's sleep. 36 hours after, the shoulder is still sore, but won't keep me awake again.

Forum List

Back