Zone1 Get rid of the ignore feature.

I don't use the feature. But I don't mind if others do.

That said, it is petty to use it as a threat.

My time is precious, if yours is too , you'll appreciate this site's accommodating it ~S~
I've only been here at USMB since 2019, but if I were an Old School member....speaking for myself, as someone who voted for Obama in 2008 ......being a Trump supporter now, I'm sure there would be people I put on ignore 10 or 15 years ago that I would be friends with now....and vice versa.

If I want to ignore someone, I just ignore them. Announcing that you have someone on ignore is an admission of surrender. Check out, for example, the previous post.

Still, if it's what people want to do, it's a useful feature. And it's not going to slow the board down. It probably does the opposite, since it means less data has to be sent out.
I have no one on ignore. I am not going to miss the spontaneous stupidity.

Nothing wrong with the ignore feature.
Periodically I clear the ignored members on my list and within a week it becomes clear why I had them on ignore in the first place.
Usually the people who I put on ignore are the people who demand links to common knowledge because I know damn good and well they already know the answer because the very topic has been discussed here ad nauseum.
In other words they're playing games and I refuse to play along.

It's my guess that so many people have so many other people on ignore that it has slowed the board down too much.

I say we at least clear it off and start over or just do away with it. People need to learn how to talk out their differences .

It's my guess that so many people have so many other people on ignore that it has slowed the board down too much.

I say we at least clear it off and start over or just do away with it. People need to learn how to talk out their differences .
Lol, Naïve much? There in NO discussion with leftists. Ever.

I wouldn't agree on that at all.

There is far too much bullshit, ignorance and especially personal insults beheld in many posts - that makes reading them irrelevant - however one (at least me) doesn't just simply want utter nonsense directed at my person, to be left unanswered.

In contra, I would even advocate that persons who have been placed on ignore by me, can't see and distribute reaction scores onto my posts. There are quite a lot of these people even upon being placed onto ignore (Unkotare - classic example) that spend the whole day distributing dislike's on others posts. (without even a substantiated reply).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people discussing in a "civilized manner" and substantiated manner, issues onto which they have total disagreements or opinions. That is what a Forum is supposed to be - right? And not one-liners consisting of e.g.: "you are a fucking retard" - or "go and bullshit yourself moron".

It is obvious (at least to me) that a "discussion" with such people, (especially those using foul language one-liners) is simply meaningless - therefore the ignore button has it's rightful meaning/function.

Everyone on my ignore list got there for making it personal - instead of coming up with substantiated arguments.

Last edited:
What would be interesting and funny as hell would be for all of us conservatives to put all the libtards... every one of them on ignore for a week and watch their heads explode.... we could appoint one spy who would report back to us what they are saying...LOL maybe I've had too many beers but it sounds like fun....

Wake up! Its a war sInce 2020 2022. The GOVT has been fully siezed by Criminals. These Libstain posters here support what was done 100%.

They support persecution of Trump, his family, J6 as They taunt. They are the immediate enemy. They deserve execution for sedition. Yes, every dirty filthy one of them.

Communist takeovers never end nicely. Oh it's different? This is America! Think again Jim. Too late to play nice. Kill them or they will laugh as the commees kill your Children in front of you.

I despise the filthy besturds and wish death to all of the.....sloppy joe, kamal all the way down to black mouthed Gater and thre phonies, the rabid leftit like candy.

Last edited:
Wake up! Its a war sInce 2020 2022. The GOVT has been fully siezed by Crimnals. These Libstain posters here support what was done 100%.

They support persecution of trump, family, J6. They taunt. They are the immediate enemy. They deserve execution for sedition. Yes, every dirty filthy one of them.

Communist takeovers never end nicely. Oh its different? This is America! Think again Jim. Too late to play nice. Kill them or they will laugh as they kill your Children.

I despise the filthy besturds and wish death to all of the.....sloppy joe, kamal all the way down to black mouthed Gater.
The silence you hear is the calm before the storm....

What would be interesting and funny as hell would be for all of us conservatives to put all the libtards... every one of them on ignore for a week and watch their heads explode.... we could appoint one spy who would report back to us what they are saying...LOL maybe I've had too many beers but it sounds like fun....
What I find amusing about our liberals is how dedicated they are to ignoring the possibility that the right is perceiving what’s going on correctly. Our liberals can’t even acknowledge the obvious double standard being exposed by the politically partisan corrupted DOJ.

They don’t need any ignore option. They are already blind and deaf.

Forum List

Back