Get ready for a sharp rise of school shootings in Texas

Housepaint

Rookie
May 31, 2015
Sanity
Texas lawmakers reach deal allowing guns on campus - Houston Chronicle

The far right legislature passed a law allowing any student, regardless of criminal record, state of inebriation, or age, to carry a handgun onto Texas school campuses

Nothing could go wrong. Right? Right?

Riddle me this, NRA nutjobs. Adam Lanza killed students whit a gun. Cho Seung Hui killed students with a gun. Charles Whitman killed students with a gun

Why the fuck do you want MORE guns on school grounds?

The far right legislature passed a law allowing any student, regardless of criminal record, state of inebriation, or age, to carry a handgun onto Texas school campuses

Riddle me this, NRA nutjobs. Adam Lanza killed students whit a gun. Cho Seung Hui killed students with a gun. Charles Whitman killed students with a gun

You expect a sharp rise in school shootings. Can you make this more precise? How much of a rise are you confident will happen? Do you expect a rise just in minor incidents or also incidents which result in multiple deaths?

You expect a sharp rise in school shootings. Can you make this more precise? How much of a rise are you confident will happen? Do you expect a rise just in minor incidents or also incidents which result in multiple deaths?

If a gun is brought on a school campus, there is an 100 percent chance that a murder will occur. Case in point: Adam Lanza

Now that it is legal to bring guns on campus, I predict that for every person who brings a gun on campus, there will be AT LEAST another murder added to America's rising gun crime toll

We'll bookmark this thread and a year from now when absolutely nothing happens we'll dredge it back up and poke fun at your paranoia.

If a gun is brought on a school campus, there is an 100 percent chance that a murder will occur. Case in point: Adam Lanza

Now that it is legal to bring guns on campus, I predict that for every person who brings a gun on campus, there will be AT LEAST another murder added to America's rising gun crime toll

That first statement is just false. Guns are confiscated by teachers all the time. Moreover, even when shootings occur there are often are no fatalities or even injuries. See here.

But I'm curious, supposing someone offered to make you a $20 bet that from now until the end 2016 there will be at least one instance where a student brings a gun to school without a murder in Texas, would you take that bet on the other side?

Amazing. I didn't realise tertiary education was so dangerous.

I guess some of those academic debates can be quite hurtful.

Students? What about teachers? It would make parent conferences so much more interesting.

Well, that's no fun...
What?
That your sock got burned up in the dryer?
:lmao:
:cuckoo:
Pretty desperate that you have to make up make-believe friends to agree with you
He wasn't mine little friend. If he's bored, he'll be back, assuming they didn't block his IP and he doesn't use proxies.
Funny that right after he's locked out you log in and apparently know a lot about sock creation
:eusa_hand:
I've been posting here or there all night, I just didn't see him. And, I've been around these boards for more than a decade, I've seen it all.

"Get ready for a rise in school shootings in Texas"? Are you listening Feds?

Your total ignorance of Texas CHL laws is nothing short of astounding.

I really don't see this as a problem.

Those Texas boys, and girls, are shooters, but I doubt most students would have the balls to climb up that tower Charles Wittman used in Austin, and stop his shooting, but I guess it would only take one, so it's possible.

I would get a little nervous if some wild campus party had a bunch of drunken fools, only with guns now too.

But in the case of gun ownership, I'm all for state's rights.

This experiment is better off happening in Texas, instead of anywhere near where people I care about go to college.

People who are crazy and want to kill won't be stopped by gun free zones, in fact are more likely to choose gun-free zones because they don't have to worry about someone shooting them. Most people won't start carrying guns just because they can. It will likely give would-be killers pause because they will be aware that someone might also be armed and stop them.

Forum List

Back