Germany’s new government to scrap Nazi-era abortion law

Shocked that this nonsense is still going on. Parts of the world move forward whilst some go backward.
Definitely implying that Germany is moving on from extreme right ideology that acceptable to the Nazis. Also mentioning that the catholic church run hospitals still refuse abortions.

Interesting in that it's happening at the same time as the US is in a fight to prevent abortion rights too. Could it be a reaction to America's fight?

Definitely implying that Germany is moving on from extreme right ideology that acceptable to the Nazis. Also mentioning that the catholic church run hospitals still refuse abortions.

Interesting in that it's happening at the same time as the US is in a fight to prevent abortion rights too. Could it be a reaction to America's fight?
There's a German word called "Zeitgeist" (the spirit of the times) and I definitely feel this anti abortion sentiment is part of the global zeitgeist right now.

My daughter and her family lives in Germany and they certainly feel it.

Anyone that would puts the two words "Advertising" and "Abortion" together ...
Well, that says a lot on its own, and it may not be the message they want to be sending.

Last edited:
There's a German word called "Zeitgeist" (the spirit of the times) and I definitely feel this anti abortion sentiment is part of the global zeitgeist right now.

My daughter and her family lives in Germany and they certainly feel it.
Zeitgeist in the fact that the movement is pro-abortion?

Zeitgeist in the fact that the movement is pro-abortion?

Zeitgeist means time ghost ... Or as the poster put it "Spirit of the Times".
It's a word they use to describe the contemporary populist environment of thought around an idea or initiative.

I believe the poster was referring to the general anti-abortion efforts worldwide as the zeitgeist
and that Germany is making efforts to diminish the effects it may have in their country.

Zeitgeist means time ghost ... Or as the poster put it "Spirit of the Times".
It's a word they use to describe the contemporary populist environment of thought around an idea or initiative.

I believe the poster was referring to the general anti-abortion efforts worldwide as the zeitgeist
and that Germany is making efforts to diminish the effects it may have in their country.

I hear you but I interpreted the comment to mean the 'Zeitgeist' in Germany, as opposed to that which you refer to as 'world wide' anti-abortion efforts.

Which fwiw, I can't acknowledge exists.

I hear you but I interpreted the comment to mean the 'Zeitgeist' in Germany, as opposed to that which you refer to as 'world wide' anti-abortion efforts.

Which fwiw, I can't acknowledge exists.

I lived in Germany for 3 years and thought the reference was odd.
I know what the word means, and it has its own nuances in general use.
I simply commented because it is a word that bears a certain "gravitas" in and of itself.

Words are not the only things that can change in meaning when you attempt to translate them, the ideas surrounding them may not mesh perfectly.
What a German sees as a zeitgeist ... You may not see it the same way.

I am also not 100% positive of what the poster was trying to express.

I lived in Germany for 3 years and thought the reference was odd.
I know what the word means, and it has its own nuances in general use.
I simply commented because it is a word that bears a certain "gravitas" in and of itself.

Words are not the only things that can change in meaning when you attempt to translate them, the ideas surrounding them may not mesh perfectly.
What a German sees as a zeitgeist ... You may not see it the same way.

I am also not 100% positive of what the poster was trying to express.

I don't find it important enough to spend more time debating. You have my opinion.

I don't find it important enough to spend more time debating. You have my opinion.

If it isn't important or doesn't involve some interest, then you don't need to tell me.
You may be excused, you little whippersnapper ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back