Geothermal poised to make solar/wind obsolete

It's all part of the mosaic of energy production.

Optimize it wherever possible.

The point is, solar/wind = ghey.

Ukraine putting the spotlight on how silly it is not to strive for energy independence that can be obtained......now.

The sick-ass obsession with wind/ solar now costing people their lives....doesn't matter to the climate obsessed. That kinda sucks.....

Libs probably aren't that interested in it, and would be looking to find a problem with it if it became big business.

The great thing about solar panels is that they require "rare earth metals" to manufacture, and those minerals have to be purchased from ultraliberal Red China.

The entire idea of radical environmentalism is to reduce and eliminate American independence in favor of World Liberal Hegemony.

1646144833358.png

President Biden--yes YOUR PRESIDENT Biden welcomes you aboard.

So....while the climate crusaders continue to harp on the solar/wind fantasies, here comes geothermal technology to piss all over dinosaur thinking....
:rock:

Uses waaaaay less land ( have you seen some of the goofball solar panel shit in China?:deal:)

A big :oops8: for the climate k00ks

Energy company plans to dig 6 to 12 miles to make geothermal energy accessible to all
Lol, I hope you are right. I don't care what turns out to be better than fossil fuel just that we find better. Until you are proven right we explore and work all options. Imagine a world where every country is energy independent. Cuts out major reason s for war.

Klamath Falls, Oregon, has an extensive network of geothermal heat production ... and with enough left-over for electric production ... been in place for damn near fifty years ... you're just now hearing about it? ... such a shame ...

The article isn't clear on why they think they have to drill down 6 to 12 miles ... we have a bigger problem with thermal energy being hurled 20 miles into the air at 710 mph ... and then coming back down ... [rolls eyes] ... what we call locally a "stone wind" ... something to be avoided ...

Yes, I suppose the facility is rather small, but the shield volcano they're tapping into is massive ... even with the top 12,000 feet blown off and scattered from here to Nebraska ... In the United States, shield volcanoes are few and far between ... I suppose we could power the entirety of Wyoming with geothermal from just outside Yellowstone NP ... but Wyoming is happy enough burning their coal ... why would they bother risking their number one tourist attraction to save a nearly infinitely small amount of carbon dioxide ? ...

Like I've said ... we don't build hydro-dams in the Sahara ... we don't build geothermal in New York State ... duh ... if you're made of money, then spend it on any damn energy you want, just don't criticize those who are trying to save money ... wind/hydro is barely worth metering where I live, why do you have a problem with that? ...

Lol, I hope you are right. I don't care what turns out to be better than fossil fuel just that we find better. Until you are proven right we explore and work all options. Imagine a world where every country is energy independent. Cuts out major reason s for war.

Oy.....the soupheads are not serious people.

"work all options" :iyfyus.jpg:

Well right now nuclear is not cheaper. I get my electric from Davis Bessey by the lake and AEP in the city. Davis Bessey is more expensive and is receiving massive subsidies from the state.

Cheaper?
We need to spend more.....to save the planet!!!!!

For the kidz.

So....while the climate crusaders continue to harp on the solar/wind fantasies, here comes geothermal technology to piss all over dinosaur thinking....
:rock:

Uses waaaaay less land ( have you seen some of the goofball solar panel shit in China?:deal:)

A big :oops8: for the climate k00ks

Energy company plans to dig 6 to 12 miles to make geothermal energy accessible to all
We've Barely Scratched the Surface of the Earth's Resources

If they dig that deep, they're also going to find as much oil as has been found in the last 150 years.

Mainly due to government regulations which drove up the costs significantly - if I remember correctly.

Much cheaper to dump spent fuel rods into the ocean ... why should any power plant need more than one phone line ... containment structures, what a waste of tax-payer money ... what next, no sex with 14-year-old girls? ...

You're right ... government shouldn't be allowed to regulate anything ... industry always does what's best for all ... we've never had an environmental disaster in the oil industry, not a single one ... Prince William Sound is in BETTER shape today than it even has been ... we could certainly trust BP to use FIVE cement plugs even if one usually holds, now shouldn't we? ...

Everyone is against government regulations until they're burying their own children killed by a drunk driver ... then the 0.05 BAC limit ain't good enough (the legal limit in Utah, damn them Republicans) ...

Much cheaper to dump spent fuel rods into the ocean ... why should any power plant need more than one phone line ... containment structures, what a waste of tax-payer money ... what next, no sex with 14-year-old girls? ...

You're right ... government shouldn't be allowed to regulate anything ... industry always does what's best for all ... we've never had an environmental disaster in the oil industry, not a single one ... Prince William Sound is in BETTER shape today than it even has been ... we could certainly trust BP to use FIVE cement plugs even if one usually holds, now shouldn't we? ...

Everyone is against government regulations until they're burying their own children killed by a drunk driver ... then the 0.05 BAC limit ain't good enough (the legal limit in Utah, damn them Republicans) ...
Not exactly where I was going. Maybe you are correct that every single thing they did was in the name of safety and that their motives were pure. Maybe. Or maybe their motives weren't pure and they wanted to kill nuclear power for whatever reason. Or maybe it was a little of both.

Forum List

Back