Georgia signs "guns everywhere" into law

I'm looking forward to Georgia losing a ton of business, and especially convention business.

I think when you are planning a convention and know that your conventioneers will be hitting area bars and restaurants, it's irresponsible to choose a place where drunken shooting could break out at any time.

Because that's always the first thing people think about when planning event.
There will be pressure from Liberal groups.

I'm looking forward to Georgia losing a ton of business, and especially convention business.

I think when you are planning a convention and know that your conventioneers will be hitting area bars and restaurants, it's irresponsible to choose a place where drunken shooting could break out at any time.

Liberals do alot of stupid things. That doesn't mean people planning conferences and trips are going to be thinking, "let's go to a place where there are strict gun laws so we don't get into a drunken shoot out." No sane person is going to use that as an element of planning a convention.

Liberals do alot of stupid things. That doesn't mean people planning conferences and trips are going to be thinking, "let's go to a place where there are strict gun laws so we don't get into a drunken shoot out." No sane person is going to use that as an element of planning a convention.

*sigh*

Arizona Boycott Cost State $140 Million Over Immigration Law, Study Finds

*sigh*

Arizona Boycott Cost State $140 Million Over Immigration Law, Study Finds

Because clearly the immigration law is the same as allowing people to defend themselves as their natural right.

Even the NRA Conventions ban guns from inside. Explain that.

I see the "Patriots" here actually read the bill and shut their mouths.

Crazy how that works.

A TRUE Patriot reads bills btw. They don't just repeat garbage bias media sells them.

So...............

If you are forced as the head of a household to own a gun and ammo..........

Is this a "Liberal" law or a "Conservative" law. <-(there would be a question mark if it was a question)

This is extremely counterproductive for gun owners. It's sad.

You don't get to claim just because ABC said it it is true. You keep telling everyone else to back up their claims, to think and to provide evidence.

So now provide us with the EVIDENCE that Georgia passed a law that requires every household to own a firearm. Evidence like linking us to the law or bill that says any such thing.

So...............

Is this a "Liberal" law or a "Conservative" law. <-(there would be a question mark if it was a question)

You don't get to claim just because ABC said it it is true. You keep telling everyone else to back up their claims, to think and to provide evidence.

So now provide us with the EVIDENCE that Georgia passed a law that requires every household to own a firearm. Evidence like linking us to the law or bill that says any such thing.

The poster is, typically, confused. Some town north of Atlanta about 30 years ago passed an ordninance requiring householders to maintain a weapon and ammo. There were exemptions for conscience and things like that. THey certainly didnt enforce the law in any meaningful way. But as a result crme there was lower than any of the towns around it.
That is what the idiot means by Georgia forcing people. He is totally confused.

Georgia will now serve as an interesting petri dish. Let's see if gun violence increases or decreases with this new legislation.

I'm in Georgia and we've had counties before Nathan stepped into office - that make it law for every home to own a gun. Those same counties have the lowest crime rate of any county in the country - one local newspaper reported. Rape was at 0%. Not one rape in the county for the full year.

I like it here. I do not know how people live in places like Chicago! Their gun laws are still the toughest in the nation and their crime rate is out of control. They need to reverse this trend by admitting their gun restriction laws do not work. Why they have not done that yet is a mystery to me!

I have friends in the UK suffering terribly because of the gun laws! The crimes against elderly, breakins, attackers using machetes and knives, the citizens cannot defend themselves. The criminals have the weapons and the citizens have nothing to protect themselves with. It is a failed experiment. Law and order prevails when each home has a firearm.

This has already proven to be the case in Georgia. MANY years ago. Thanks. - Jeri

So...............

The poster is, typically, confused. Some town north of Atlanta about 30 years ago passed an ordninance requiring householders to maintain a weapon and ammo. There were exemptions for conscience and things like that. THey certainly didnt enforce the law in any meaningful way. But as a result crme there was lower than any of the towns around it.

You are right, Rabbi. It was more than one county as I recall that made it law but it was a message to outsiders that they better watch their step when they step onto their territory. It was not the safest county / town compared to towns around it, Rabbi. It was the safest county in the entire United States and the newspapers really tried to downplay the report that year of 0 rapes and 1 break in which was done by an outsider according to the report. I remember the story fairly well - it was back a few years ago... the liberal news media was furious when the news came out about it..

As a Georgian I can tell you that anyone coming here ought to assume the homeowner has a gun. Most houses probably have a dozen or more but for the sake of common sense? If it is a house in Georgia it is a gun owner - both Republicans and Democrats own them here. I'd be surprised to learn of someone who didn't own one in these parts.

I've already called them and asked if I can hold a convention there. Much safer for my patrons. :lol:

What a great day in America. What a great day to be an American. Seeing the 2nd Amendment protected and exercised exactly as it was intended to be is a beautiful thing. Makes me believe there is hope yet for this nation.

Ga. governor signs 'guns everywhere' into law

From the link:

The new law, which goes into effect July 1, allows licensed gun owners in Georgia and visitors from 28 other states to bring a gun into a bar without restrictions and carry a firearm into some government buildings that don't have security measures. It also allows school districts to decide whether they want some employees to carry a firearm and religious leaders to decide whether to allow licensed gun owners to tote to their church, synagogue or mosque.

:clap2:

Most of the law is for N. Georgians who didn't have the same rights as the rest of us. We've had open carry in restaurants long before Nathan Deal showed up. The law for visitors is new and women in the south have had permit to carry concealed weapons at church for a long time. Lots of women carry them in their pocket books. This is not new. In the south most preachers do not have bodyguards ( like politicians do ) and the guards at front door are unarmed but the congregation has the preachers back. You never know who you are sitting next to so it is best to behave and listen to the sermon.

In quite a few Ga. local jails you do not get a television or a work out gym. You get a bible and a bed. Period.

I've already called them and asked if I can hold a convention there. Much safer for my patrons. :lol:

Good! You will not regret it, Drifting Sand! The weather here has been spectacular. Georgia is a beautiful state. Welcome! :eusa_angel:

You are right, Rabbi. It was more than one county as I recall that made it law but it was a message to outsiders that they better watch their step when they step onto their territory. It was not the safest county / town compared to towns around it, Rabbi. It was the safest county in the entire United States and the newspapers really tried to downplay the report that year of 0 rapes and 1 break in which was done by an outsider according to the report. I remember the story fairly well - it was back a few years ago... the liberal news media was furious when the news came out about it..

As a Georgian I can tell you that anyone coming here ought to assume the homeowner has a gun. Most houses probably have a dozen or more but for the sake of common sense? If it is a house in Georgia it is a gun owner - both Republicans and Democrats own them here. I'd be surprised to learn of someone who didn't own one in these parts.

Kennesaw GA is the town that enacted the ordnance, in 1982.

Don't take our guns but don't force us to have guns is my perspective. Why would you force someone to have a gun that isn't comfortable using one?

A TYRANT would force you to own a weapon if you didn't want one.

I personally don't think anyone should be without one but why force someone to have one?

(P.S. no one ever even came close to stating they were going to take our guns. The NRA said it to drive up sales. If the Fed actually decided to stand against certain weapons it would most likely be grandfather claused in. But the sheeple bite and went crazy and now my deer hunting bullets are $1 PER SHOT/BULLET.....stop being stupid and start reading please. It costs me a small fortune to sight in my deer rifle.)

Why would you force someone to have health insurance who isn't comfortable carrying it? Why would you force someone to pay for someone else's food if they aren't comfortable paying for it?

It's so ironic to hear a liberal complain about being forced to do something

So...............

Never stated it was fact. Just stated another source kiddo.

So...............

"Some town"

Is that "some town" ELLIJAY, Ga? It's north of Atlanta, as you stated.

I'm curious why you support my fact and then try to tear it down with statistics of gun ownership.

I didn't say gun ownership was a bad thing. I simply stated that forcing citizens to carry was dictatorship and not freedom.

Forcing citizens to carry is not freedom.

Forum List

Back