George Conway and Under Trump The GOP is History

The Republicans need to hit the reset button. Embracing the reactionary wing has driven out the Eisenhower moderates and the Goldwater conservatives. Trump myrmidons are the voice and face.

Nothing grand about this old party...
The Eisenhower moderates and the Goldwater conservatives? LOL How old do you think we Republicans ARE, Jets? All in our 90's? Get real...

The truth of the matter is that it's the GOP that has fresh young leaders emerging to lead the party! The Democrats have a bunch of old (and I do mean OLD!!!) politicians leading their Party and then a bunch of totally clueless young firebrands that nobody outside of a far left district will EVER support in a national election! Let's face it...there are no "moderates" in the Democratic Party now! You've driven them ALL out!

I think it's the Democrats that are in trouble here...not the GOP! As a matter of fact I think the Democrats know this and they see the way out of their predicament to be amnesty for all illegals and giving them the right to vote. If they can't come up with THAT voting block then they don't really have an agenda that appeals to the majority of Americans who despite what the Main Stream Media would have you believe...still slants to a conservative viewpoint!

Ok, call them moderates and conservatives. They still are no longer the face of the Republican Party. The Trump GOP is not going to win the Senate and WH, by focusing on the far right.

That being said, the Democrats do have moderates like Manchin and members of the Blue Dog collation who do not march in lockstep with the progressive wing of the party.
Who's concentrating on the far right? Trump isn't a far right politician! He's a moderate! What the GOP should be concentrating on is how Trump is by far the better man to get the economy going again and if you want jobs to come back then you DON'T want Joe Biden in the White House and the Democrats running the country!

In the words of James Carville..."It's the economy, Stupid!" Those words were spot on when he said them to Bill Clinton and they're spot on now!

Trump is not a moderate, he is an opportunist without any real ideology. His rallies are to placate his reactionary base. He rails against his fellow GOP members (violating the eleventh commandment). He vilifies the opposition and treats political discourse like a zero sum game. Sorry, not interested in supporting a demagogue.

Biden is just a return to normal. Which says a lot considering he is a corporate establishment hack. I don’t particularly like Biden, but GaryJohnson isn’t running this year.

When Republicans say Trump has destroyed the GOP does that mean it's a losing bet for Trump?
Are Trump supporters Republican posers?

Are you a Republican without a party?

“It’s destroyed by it having become essentially a personality cult,” he explained."

"The Republican Party may not ever be able to restore the party — even after Donald Trump leaves office."

"George Conway, the longtime GOP lawyer who is married to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, explained his thoughts on the future of the party to New York Times columnist Frank Bruni.
“I personally think that the Republican brand is probably destroyed,” Conway said."

I think that conservatives need to burn the whole party down and start over.

Donald Trump is NOT an outlier. This didn't happen in a vaccuum, nor did it happen overnight. This started with Reagan allowing the Fairness Doctrine to expire, and allowing right wingers to broadcast unchallenged and unchecked right wing hate radio across the mid-west for 40 years.

Ronald Reagan cobbled together a disaffected Dixicrats, and other white supremacists, the Moral Majority of right wing Christian fundamentalist, and traditional Republicans. They attacked unions, minorities, social programs, and spending on education, research and infrastructure, while cutting tax breaks for millionaires.

The Republican Party has doubled down on racism at every opportunity. The "rural/urban" divide is fooling NO ONE. This is Republicans claiming black people are lazy, unemployed and living on the public dole. This is a lie. 84% of the low income Americans are WORKING. This compares with 38% of the highest income Americans. More than 60% of wealthy Americans don't work, while 84% of poor Americans work.

The people who are sitting on their asses at home, living off the backs of working Americans and the middle class, are the RICH, not the poor. When Reagan was elected, these lazy rich people owned less than 50% of the wealth of the nation. Today, thanks to three massive tax cuts, and stagnant working class wages, they own 80% of the wealth of the nation. All from the comfort of their own homes.

The truth of the matter is that it's the GOP that has fresh young leaders emerging to lead the party!
The "fresh young leaders" are still under the thumbs of old guard establishment douchebags like McConnell, Graham, and McCarthy.....And even guys like Make Lee have been slowly selling out.

The GOP sucks worse than ever.

The GOP simply needs to continue preaching what works...and pointing out how the other guy's agenda DOESN'T work! That message isn't getting old because it's not bullshit. The Democrats are veering hard to the left with their party leaders like Pelosi and Schumer scared to death of people like AOC and the rest of her "squad"!

Now more than anytime I can think of...we need to think long and hard about what America is going to be going forward! Do you want to be Venezuela? That's what the Democrats are leading us towards. Use your common sense, folks! If you think America is a special place...you need to understand what made it that in the first place!

The GOP has had four decades to prove that their policies work. Multiple supply side economic policies that have made the economic situation worse, led to higher deficits, and led eventually to a recession...that a Democrat had to come in and bail the country out of. The only thing that's happened is we know Republicans can't govern. First two years of the Trump admin was a perfect example. Nothing gets done. Venezuela? You're closer to that with a wanna be strongman like Trump. And right wingers bleat like sheep that the left wants totalitarianism. But you guys do spend a lot of time working yourselves into a frenzy over a couple of first term congresswomen who probably aren't your representatives. As far as I can see, the moderates still guide the Democrat party. Unlike the whack-a-doodles that been allowed to take over the Republican party. If the GOP thinks this is what "works", they are in a huge amount of trouble.

What a crock, Jack! You're really going to come on here and claim that Donald Trump is the second coming of Hugo Chavez? Chavez is what you get when you let liberals take control of a country! He did away with the Constitution of Venezuela. His policies turned a wealthy nation into one that's now teetering on total collapse! Donald Trump is NOTHING like Hugo Chavez!

I don't have to claim anything. I can see it with my own eyes. Undermine institutions that can place him in check. Ignore the rule of law. Making the press an enemy. Touting conspiracy theories, and dividing the country with rhetoric. So yeah. He's more like Chavez than any Democrat. Trump doesn't have to get rid of the Constitution. He's just made a mockery it. Venezuela is what you get when you have autocratic dictator who bleeds his country dry consolidating wealth into the hands of the elites. Funny how Republicans seem to follow a lot of that mantra, making sure that money always gets into the hands of the 1%, huh?

I don't have to claim anything. I can see it with my own eyes. Undermine institutions that can place him in check. Ignore the rule of law. Making the press an enemy. Touting conspiracy theories, and dividing the country with rhetoric. So yeah. He's more like Chavez than any Democrat. Trump doesn't have to get rid of the Constitution. He's just made a mockery it. Venezuela is what you get when you have autocratic dictator who bleeds his country dry consolidating wealth into the hands of the elites. Funny how Republicans seem to follow a lot of that mantra, making sure that money always gets into the hands of the 1%, huh?
You just described the years 2009-16....Yet I bet a dollar to a dog turd that you had absolutely zero problem when the despot from your team was engaging in those behaviors.

You just described the years 2009-16....Yet I bet a dollar to a dog turd that you had absolutely zero problem when the despot from your team was engaging in those behaviors.

You just keep telling yourself that. Be a good little lemming and parrot those alt-right talking points about that mean black man.
Remind me again how many indictments, convictions, and prison sentences were handed down during his presidency?
Meanwhile, I'd start getting used to the fact that the GOP is in for a long, painful haul over the next few years.
Hopefully, they can expel the crazies and get back to some semblance of moderation and sanity....:auiqs.jpg:....there, I held my laughter for 5 seconds.

You just keep telling yourself that. Be a good little lemming and parrot those alt-right talking points about that mean black man.
Remind me again how many indictments, convictions, and prison sentences were handed down during his presidency?
Meanwhile, I'd start getting used to the fact that the GOP is in for a long, painful haul over the next few years.
Hopefully, they can expel the crazies and get back to some semblance of moderation and sanity....:auiqs.jpg:....there, I held my laughter for 5 seconds.
Didn't say anything about his skin color, just the behavior.

But thanks for the left-handed admission that you have no counter, and had to immediately grab that race card, loser.

The Republicans need to hit the reset button. Embracing the reactionary wing has driven out the Eisenhower moderates and the Goldwater conservatives. Trump myrmidons are the voice and face.

The Eisenhower moderates and the Goldwater conservatives? LOL How old do you think we Republicans ARE, Jets? All in our 90's? Get real...

The truth of the matter is that it's the GOP that has fresh young leaders emerging to lead the party! The Democrats have a bunch of old (and I do mean OLD!!!) politicians leading their Party and then a bunch of totally clueless young firebrands that nobody outside of a far left district will EVER support in a national election! Let's face it...there are no "moderates" in the Democratic Party now! You've driven them ALL out!

I think it's the Democrats that are in trouble here...not the GOP! As a matter of fact I think the Democrats know this and they see the way out of their predicament to be amnesty for all illegals and giving them the right to vote. If they can't come up with THAT voting block then they don't really have an agenda that appeals to the majority of Americans who despite what the Main Stream Media would have you believe...still slants to a conservative viewpoint!

Ok, call them moderates and conservatives. They still are no longer the face of the Republican Party. The Trump GOP is not going to win the Senate and WH, by focusing on the far right.

That being said, the Democrats do have moderates like Manchin and members of the Blue Dog collation who do not march in lockstep with the progressive wing of the party.
Who's concentrating on the far right? Trump isn't a far right politician! He's a moderate! What the GOP should be concentrating on is how Trump is by far the better man to get the economy going again and if you want jobs to come back then you DON'T want Joe Biden in the White House and the Democrats running the country!

In the words of James Carville..."It's the economy, Stupid!" Those words were spot on when he said them to Bill Clinton and they're spot on now!

Trump is not a moderate, he is an opportunist without any real ideology. His rallies are to placate his reactionary base. He rails against his fellow GOP members (violating the eleventh commandment). He vilifies the opposition and treats political discourse like a zero sum game. Sorry, not interested in supporting a demagogue.

Biden is just a return to normal. Which says a lot considering he is a corporate establishment hack. I don’t particularly like Biden, but GaryJohnson isn’t running this year.
With all due respect, Jets...Joe Biden is NOT a return to normal! He's signed off on some really far left policies. He supports the New Green Deal! That's an economy killer! He supports defunding the Police! That's a city killer! There's nothing "normal" about what Democrats are pushing for right now! This isn't your father's Democratic Party! Joe Biden is just the guy that the far left is using as their Trojan Horse to get the person they really want into office. If he doesn't go along with their plans it wouldn't shock me to see the left turn around and question his mental fitness to be President.

Gary Johnson is even more stupid than Biden, and he doesn't have dementia to blame it on.

The truth of the matter is that it's the GOP that has fresh young leaders emerging to lead the party!
The "fresh young leaders" are still under the thumbs of old guard establishment douchebags like McConnell, Graham, and McCarthy.....And even guys like Make Lee have been slowly selling out.

The GOP simply needs to continue preaching what works...and pointing out how the other guy's agenda DOESN'T work! That message isn't getting old because it's not bullshit. The Democrats are veering hard to the left with their party leaders like Pelosi and Schumer scared to death of people like AOC and the rest of her "squad"!

Now more than anytime I can think of...we need to think long and hard about what America is going to be going forward! Do you want to be Venezuela? That's what the Democrats are leading us towards. Use your common sense, folks! If you think America is a special place...you need to understand what made it that in the first place!

The GOP has had four decades to prove that their policies work. Multiple supply side economic policies that have made the economic situation worse, led to higher deficits, and led eventually to a recession...that a Democrat had to come in and bail the country out of. The only thing that's happened is we know Republicans can't govern. First two years of the Trump admin was a perfect example. Nothing gets done. Venezuela? You're closer to that with a wanna be strongman like Trump. And right wingers bleat like sheep that the left wants totalitarianism. But you guys do spend a lot of time working yourselves into a frenzy over a couple of first term congresswomen who probably aren't your representatives. As far as I can see, the moderates still guide the Democrat party. Unlike the whack-a-doodles that been allowed to take over the Republican party. If the GOP thinks this is what "works", they are in a huge amount of trouble.

What a crock, Jack! You're really going to come on here and claim that Donald Trump is the second coming of Hugo Chavez? Chavez is what you get when you let liberals take control of a country! He did away with the Constitution of Venezuela. His policies turned a wealthy nation into one that's now teetering on total collapse! Donald Trump is NOTHING like Hugo Chavez!

What institutions has Trump "undermined"? Oh wait...you mean his demanding that the higher ups at the FBI, the Justice Department, the CIA and the NSA be held responsible for their illegal actions both before the election and after? I'm sorry, Jack but that doesn't undermine ANY of those agencies! It goes to restoring their reputations! Reputations that were sullied by the likes of Comey, Clapper, Page, Strozk and Brennan!

Trump doesn't make an enemy of the "press"...he simply points out that the Main Stream Media IS his enemy and has been since before he was elected! Chavez totally controlled the Press in Venezuela! They wouldn't DARE to write what the media writes about Trump here!

As for your claim that Trump has only helped the "1%"? Simple question...under which Presidency...the Barack Obama Administration...or the Donald Trump Administration did we see the biggest increases in income inequality?

What institutions has Trump "undermined"? Oh wait...you mean his demanding that the higher ups at the FBI, the Justice Department, the CIA and the NSA be held responsible for their illegal actions both before the election and after? I'm sorry, Jack but that doesn't undermine ANY of those agencies! It goes to restoring their reputations! Reputations that were sullied by the likes of Comey, Clapper, Page, Strozk and Brennan!

Trump doesn't make an enemy of the "press"...he simply points out that the Main Stream Media IS his enemy and has been since before he was elected! Chavez totally controlled the Press in Venezuela! They wouldn't DARE to write what the media writes about Trump here!

As for your claim that Trump has only helped the "1%"? Simple question...under which Presidency...the Barack Obama Administration...or the Donald Trump Administration did we see the biggest increases in income inequality?

Let's see, in no particular order. The DOJ, The Supreme Court (but McConnell gets an assist here), The FEC, The CDC, the entire Legislative branch....I could go on but you get the idea. Trump makes an enemy of the press. You can see it in the bottled blonde's Fox News press conference style. He doesn't like getting asked tough questions so he goes on the attack. He screws up constantly, he goes on the attack. He puts his entire leg in his mouth and gets whacked when he tries to walk it back, he goes on the attack. That is the textbook definition of a strongman (wannabe). It's never about taking responsibility. Or the buck stops here. I believe he even said several months ago, "I don't take responsibility for anything".

Trump only helped the 1%? Well yeah, but I was referring to Republicans. Specifically the latest tax gift in 2017. But Trump had little or nothing to do with that. That was Ryan and McConnell's baby. They just told Trump to sign and he could hold a nice press conference with lots of photo ops, smiling and waving. And unless you've been hiding under a rock, income inequality has been an issue since Reagan. What's that? Four Republicans vs Two Democrats.

Conway didn't just emerge from the swamp. He has been a vocal critic of the President for three freaking years. Why is his opinion important? Notice once again that nobody endorses Old Joe. It's all about hatred for the President.

You poor thing; just as delusional as any Trumpster I guess! Why is Conway's opinion important? That's like you hiring a PR agent to make you sound competent, but the spouse of that agent is exposing the charade to the world! IDK how the Conways can possibly coexist when working for polar opposite results! Kelly Anne has compromised what little she had in the way of ethics and integrity, but I have to believe this marriage is dead! I can't believe they're going to go back to "business as usual" after all's said and done after this nightmare we're all living is over even if super religious! I'd disown my own mother if she were to say "Trump's been good for the country!" I've already told my college room mate and best friend of 40+ years to buzz off! He wears his Trump t-shirt with pride! He's going to be all alone soon! :rolleyes:

When Republicans say Trump has destroyed the GOP does that mean it's a losing bet for Trump?

“It’s destroyed by it having become essentially a personality cult,” he explained."

"The Republican Party may not ever be able to restore the party — even after Donald Trump leaves office."

"George Conway, the longtime GOP lawyer who is married to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, explained his thoughts on the future of the party to New York Times columnist Frank Bruni.
“I personally think that the Republican brand is probably destroyed,” Conway said."

The alt-right has taken over the GOP. Even when Trump is defeated, it will have the same fascists that currently hold sway. They will not allow the party to become more moderate. It will remain under the domination of the alt-right and there aren't enough of them to in a election.

The GOP after Trump will be one of the most fascinating political moments ever.

They don't have another cartoon character waiting in the wings.

They have more cartoon characters than they can shake a stick at. There is Donald Trump Jr, Ted Cruz and Tucker Carlson to name a few.

The Reagan Republicans have also been chased away. Some have been absorbed. Some of us refused to be absorbed and have left the party.

Sorry is there another option besides republicans?

Trump is doing away with the American Constitution - undermining the authority of Congress at every turn. Refusing to allow Constitutionally mandated oversight.

In their recent ruling about Donald Trump's tax returns and the Grand Jury materials for the Mueller Report, Chief Justice Roberts castigated the Trump Administration for forcing Congress, yet again, to go the SC to get access to records and/or witnesses for effective Congressional oversight. He essentially told the Trump Administration that they are subject to Congressional oversight and Trump cannot just continue to refuse to allow investigation, witnesses or evidence to go to Congress.

He told both Bill Barr and Donald Trump that Donald Trump is not above the law. The nation was founded on the principle that no man is above the law. That includes the President. All claims of a Presidential immunity from investiation are based on fantasy. The Constitution REQUIRED both oversight and investigation.

No past President has pardoned his or "commuted their sentences" - ever. Richard Nixon wanted to pardon everyone and his advisors told him that would be very unwise. Trump has opened himself up for "obstruction of justice" charges once he leaves office in pardoning Roger Stone. Stone wasn't just convicted by a jury of his peers on all 7 charges, the charges of lying to Congress and lying to the FBI, which Stone has been convicted of doing, were to cover up the crimes of Donald Trump.

Trump's policies have the USA on the brink of economic collapse. Trump is EXACTLY like Hugo Chavez - corrupt, incompetent, and stupid.

What are you going to do when there is no Republican Party? This Party is going down hard. You might hang onto a couple of low population places like Montana or North Dakota, but Texas and Florida are GONE. It's shocking how pissed off people get when you kill thousands of their family and friends, and don't give a fuck that you did it.

What are you going to do when there is no Republican Party? This Party is going down hard. You might hang onto a couple of low population places like Montana or North Dakota, but Texas and Florida are GONE. It's shocking how pissed off people get when you kill thousands of their family and friends, and don't give a fuck that you did it.
E97D68CD-A200-4C83-A15C-5558A10203B6.jpeg

Let's see, in no particular order. The DOJ, The Supreme Court (but McConnell gets an assist here), The FEC, The CDC, the entire Legislative branch....I could go on but you get the idea. Trump makes an enemy of the press. You can see it in the bottled blonde's Fox News press conference style. He doesn't like getting asked tough questions so he goes on the attack. He screws up constantly, he goes on the attack. He puts his entire leg in his mouth and gets whacked when he tries to walk it back, he goes on the attack. That is the textbook definition of a strongman (wannabe). It's never about taking responsibility. Or the buck stops here. I believe he even said several months ago, "I don't take responsibility for anything".

Trump only helped the 1%? Well yeah, but I was referring to Republicans. Specifically the latest tax gift in 2017. But Trump had little or nothing to do with that. That was Ryan and McConnell's baby. They just told Trump to sign and he could hold a nice press conference with lots of photo ops, smiling and waving. And unless you've been hiding under a rock, income inequality has been an issue since Reagan. What's that? Four Republicans vs Two Democrats.
I ask you which President saw income inequality increase more during his Presidency...Trump or Obama and you totally tried to dodge the question, Jack! Why is that? Because you know as well as I do that it grew far more during Barry's Administration than during Trumps?

Kind of sucks when someone blows up one of your talking points like that...doesn't it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back