Geoffrey Fieger is Going After Oxford School District

Autistic children is pretty far removed from the topic of this thread

Its worth discussing, but not here, and not now

You still have no solution for gunman who want to murder students when they are at school

You love the government making policies and procedures then. Great Mac-7, congrats, you are a liberal

Good Lord, SS92, if it were me I'd get a different job!! This is nuts!!

And many people are, which is exactly my point. And yet, some dunderhead CONSERVATIVES on this thread want MORE "policies and procedures". Right. Great.

And if they suspended the student after he told them he drew a picture of a video game and he seemed fine, you all would be bitching up a fit that the school is out of pocket for that.

We are an ungovernable, uncivilized people. We are done.
So you think that all the student was guilty of, uhhhhh was drawing a picture ? I'm sure that they had way more indicators than just that one thing over time, otherwise why did they finally feel compelled to have a conference with the parents ?

Was it over one picture he drew or was it finally just another episode with a final straw pulled, otherwise in concerning his overall behavior ? I like the way you played that though, it was very liberal minded of you. :)

Thanks for what you do. I understand your concerns. In the end, the kids are the parents responsibilities, not the teachers or the schools, no matter how responsible you are or feel for the kids you deal with and others in similar situations, or feel you as a teacher or school system person feel people may hold you responsible. It just isn't so. Don't let it be a burden, you should not have to carry.
Again, I think the school officials will be fine and that they acted responsibly with the amount of actual knowledge of the kid, they had at times that would make a difference. I am sure, my grandmother would have agreed. She retired and drew separate retirements from teaching in Kalamzoo, MI, as well as Missouri, and of course Tennessee.

Thank you sincerely for this. I love my students. I would NOT support anything that smacked of intentional harm or CRIMINAL neglect. But I just don't see it here.

Again, thanks.

So you think that all the student was guilty of, uhhhhh was drawing a picture ? I'm sure that they had way more indicators than just that one thing over time, otherwise why did they finally feel compelled to have a conference with the parents ?

Was it over one picture he drew or was it finally just another episode with a final straw pulled, otherwise in concerning his overall behavior ? I like the way you played that though, it was very liberal minded of you. :)

He is guilty of murder in four counts. What you are asking school personnel to do is read his mind BEFORE the crime. When he lied. And tried to cover.

He had no disciplinary record.

If you can do better, YOU come into the schools and read minds. YOU do it. I hope you have an extra $100 million lying around to read minds

Well, when someone sues schools, they are actually suing for tax money people in the local systems are paying to educate minors. A multi million dollar lawsuit will hurt seniors like me who are paying so much local taxes it eats up 75% of their social security money, and it will hurt families who are now seeing $70+ on a roast beef that used to cost under $15.00.

I believe the insurance company will pay up, not the taxpayers. But will explore more this weekend.

He is guilty of murder in four counts. What you are asking school personnel to do is read his mind BEFORE the crime. When he lied. And tried to cover.

He had no disciplinary record.

If you can do better, YOU come into the schools and read minds. YOU do it. I hope you have an extra $100 million lying around to read minds
Maybe you ought to watch the movie "Road House" with Patrick Swayze.

You could learn a little about what a cooler is. Now of course the movie was a work of art imitating life, but the character was real in regards to the talent that one posseses in reading people.

The problem we are having today is this PC (politically correct) thing going on, where as it hinders the people's ability to have a learned skill in which allows a person to recognize something before it happens, and to stop something by being pro-active before it happens.

We used to be better at this skill, but along came the left with it's politically correct agenda, and it's thinking that there is no such thing as a killer until something makes that killer, and this is where we became reactive instead of pro-active (i.e no longer a cooler).

It all leads back to the leftists taking away the critical thinking skills of the citizen's who kept the country safe, and therefore balanced it out in a balanced way.

When the insurance is paid out there will be a phenomenal price to pay in future years in the district and likely for the whole state. Guess who pays for dat.

And not just in money. The whole system is on the verge of collapse at any rate, like many of our systems. This will just speed it up

Maybe you ought to watch the movie "Road House" with Patrick Swayze.

You could learn a little about what a cooler is. Now of course the movie was a work of art imitating life, but the character was real in regards to the talent that one posseses in reading people.

The problem we are having today is this PC (politically correct) thing going on, where as it hinders the people's ability to have a learned skill in which allows a person to recognize something before it happens, and to stop something by being pro-active before it happens.

We used to be better at this skill, but along came the left with it's politically correct agenda, and it's thinking that there is no such thing as a killer until something makes that killer, and this is where we became reactive instead of pro-active (i.e no longer a cooler).

It all leads back to the leftists taking away the critical thinking skills of the citizen's who kept the country safe, and therefore balanced it out in a balanced way.

I don't disagree with what you're saying at all, but you're asking school personnel to do this with underage minors and on no evidence.

"Yeah, we sent him home. We suspended him."

"Why?"

"He's creepy. Just a feeling we had."

That doesn't work either, valid or not valid.

You have given me nothing that can save children from a gunman in school
I will step up to the plate on that one in a word a lot of lefties hate most passionately because they have not devised a way to squelch money out of anyone else: "homeschooling." Our pilgrims did homeschooling whilst building their first log cabins; Thomas Alva Edison's mother did it, and he grew up to light up the world because she taught him the virtue of knowing how to think, the virtue of faithfulness to fulfill his task, and the mental acuity of patient observation and correct interpretation of what exactly what he was dealing with from notes he took on those insights. Back to the basics when folly and theatre governs the fools who make lies, mockery, theft and murder their "normal."

You don't have to take the "normals" of those who are sneaky about their "new" normal which is, also in a word witchcraft.

edit: added 2 words for clarification.

Last edited:
Doubt that will fly. Fieger is just an ambulance chasing lawyer, chasing dollars for himself, hoping for a payday, but knowing the kid and his parents don't have any.

I disagree. The parents refused to take their kid with them, thus the school has a responsibility to call CPS to take him to a facility for help.

They didn't.

You simply do not know the details here. He had no disciplinary record. The day before the shooting, a teacher found him searching ammo and his parents were contacted. The day OF the shooting the picture was found. There were no concerns reported over his "overall behavior".

Are you insinuating that we should search kids, report kids for what? Being quiet? Being odd? "Yeah, your kid, he's odd. Never a problem, always does his work, pays attention, follows directions. We just don't like him, so yeah, we'll be searching his things, and checking up on him. Don't mind us."

You people would lose your freaking MINDS if this were your kid, and you would not be wrong. After all, we are the GOVERNMENT.

I will step up to the plate on that one in a word lefties hate most passionately because they have not devised a way to squelch money out of anyone else: "homeschooling." Our pilgrims did it whilst building their first log cabins; Thomas Alva Edison's mother did it, and he grew up to light the world because she taught him the virtue of knowing how to think, the virtue of faithfulness to fulfill his task, and the mental acuity of patient observation and correct interpretation of what exactly what he was dealing with from notes he took on those insights. Back to the basics when folly and theatre governs the fools who make lies, mockery, theft and murder their "normal."

You don't have to take the "normals" of those who are sneaky about their "new" normal which is, also in a word witchcraft.

Not every parent will homeschool. Many, many will not. Ethan Crumbley's parents definitely would not have. When you all get your wish and the public schools implode, what happens to him?

I disagree. The parents refused to take their kid with them, thus the school has a responsibility to call CPS to take him to a facility for help.

They didn't.

If you think "CPS" would come to the school and pick him up forthwith, I have no idea what world you're living in. It does not happen like that.

What happens is, the cops have to take him. And if the cops take him home, you are legally suspending him at that point. You are saying "your presence here is such a danger you can't be a school." For reference, we had a situation like that at my school recently, where a student assaulted, physically, another student. It was witnessed, it was clear. The evidence was clear. Not a drawing he pawned off as a video game.

Honest to Pete, all this spew, no one knows a thing.

Forum List

Back