Geoffrey Fieger is Going After Oxford School District

Since you are defending the educators I guess you are for mind control over the children or some other teachers-know-best solution

But you dont have the wisdom to devine which student is a ticking time bomb and which one is not

No matter how many signals you think you see or dont see

It's divine, with an i. For starters.

No one has mind control over anyone. That is exactly why the educators and the school cannot be held to account. If THEY KNEW he was having violent ideation, if he told them that or his picture was clear and they sent him back to class anyway, THAT is negligent. They did not know that. He altered the picture and claimed it was of a video game. He denied being upset or disturbed. Moreover, his parents REFUSED to bring him home. The counselors believed he was calm. He had no disciplinary record.

And despite ALL of this, it's important to you that the school be accountable--and all the repercussions that will come of this. I know you have a hate-on for public schools, but can you be reasonable?

It's divine, with an i. For starters.

No one has mind control over anyone. That is exactly why the educators and the school cannot be held to account. If THEY KNEW he was having violent ideation, if he told them that or his picture was clear and they sent him back to class anyway, THAT is negligent. They did not know that. He altered the picture and claimed it was of a video game. He denied being upset or disturbed. Moreover, his parents REFUSED to bring him home. The counselors believed he was calm. He had no disciplinary record.

And despite ALL of this, it's important to you that the school be accountable--and all the repercussions that will come of this. I know you have a hate-on for public schools, but can you be reasonable?
Still waiting to hear how you would protect students in the classroom

Still waiting to hear how you would protect students in the classroom

I will do that, and gladly, when you admit that your idea of Security Theater and making people who had no control over the situation responsible is idiotic.

Do that and I will be happy to fill you in.

I will do that, and gladly, when you admit that your idea of Security Theater and making people who had no control over the situation responsible is idiotic.

Do that and I will be happy to fill you in.
In another words you have no solution, but will tolerate no outside interference in the government education monopoly

You just allowed four students to be murdered in a public classroom and you lecture me about my spelling?

**I** allowed it. You argue like a liberal.

ETA: Maybe you are a liberal. This is how they think. Collective guilt, collective responsibility. Good going, Mac, well done.

In another words you have no solution, but will tolerate no outside interference in the government education monopoly

The solution you had was the TSA. Do you support the TSA, or covid safety policies? Be consistent. Do they work? Are they an infringement on civil liberties? Yes or no

The solution you had was the TSA. Do you support the TSA, or covid safety policies? Be consistent. Do they work? Are they an infringement on civil liberties? Yes or no
You still have not offered a solution

The public education establishment that writes your paycheck and funds your retirement

An establishment you are part of and you are defending

I am defending what I think is right. Education is a human endeavor. It is messy and not black and white. It can NEVER be made black and white. Adding 'policies and procedures' on top of already TOO MANY 'policies and procedures' just makes a fat, hot mess to wade through. So you can stop attempting to insult me with what I care about.

You want an example of education 'policy and procedures'? A few years ago, the Lt. Gov of our state had an autistic child. So his big push was getting "more protection" for autistic children. Result: you cannot touch them now. I mean that literally. You can only "restrain" them in abject emergencies. So, the other day when a child was beating down his classmates, all I could tell them to do was run out of the room. I could not, say, take the child's hand and lead him away. I cannot touch him.

THERE are your great 'policy and procedures'. You want more? Because we can't restrain troubled kids, we are left to LITERALLY chase them when they "elope". That is, run out of the school. That's it. We can't stop them. Chase. This happens at least weekly. AT LEAST.

Now. What do you have to say NOW? More policies and procedures? You want more?

Last edited:

Oh, and when we chase them, often into the street, we then have to write a report--on OURSELVES. Yes, we have to say, "I grabbed Johnny by the arm and pulled him away from a moving vehicle. In the street."

Yes, we have to tattle on ourselves that we touched Johnny, but it's okay. We couldn't prevent him from leaving the school but we only touched him because he was about to be plowed by a car.

You getting this yet, Mac? You want more?

So now what do you want, frisking "policies and procedures"?

"I frisked your 14 year old daughter but it's okay. I heard from my daughter's friend that she read on Snapchat last night that she made a threat."

Right. Great going

Forum List

Back