Zone1 Generation Juicebox: How 30-Year Olds Became Atheist Leftist Basket Cases.

If you went to Catholic school, you were taught that the Bible was inspired by God, written by man.

So, um, you think that when God was "inspiring" the Sheep Herders, he would have told them stuff like "Slavery is bad" and "Genocide is wrong".

You were also sleeping through classes where it was pointed out that the Bible was presented in story form? I suppose your nuns skipped over the parts that were what were currently known as Just So stories; as Fables; Myths; Songs; Poetry; Plays. Sounds like you were asleep in both religion and English classes.

Here's the thing. What we got were the DISNEY versions of Bible stories... Which means the Great Flood was presented as THIS..

1660037145336.png

And not THIS....
1660037232105.png

When it occurred to Little Joey that the Flood meant drowning every baby in the world, Sister Mary Butch screamed they were WICKED babies and had it coming. Today, I think she'd have been a much happy person if they just let her be a lesbian with some scented candles and practical shoes.

Of course, the really juicy stories they kept hidden from us, or didn't talk about. So I didn't get to hear about Jephthah butchering and burning his daughter until College.

Did the lessons on witnesses go over your head? To accuse anyone of a crime, the event had to be witnessed separately by two unrelated witnesses. Next, if the guilty verdict was unanimous, the prisoner was set free on the basis of a demonstrated lack of compassion/mercy by the court. Finally, any court who executed two people within a seventy year period was known as a bloody court.

Um.... seriously? The problem isn't "how many witnesses there were", it was that they were BEING EXECUTED FOR PETTY CRIMES, such as picking up sticks on the Sabbath, or not being a virgin on their wedding night, or being gay! Stuff that even CONSERVATIVES would throw you in jail for if you actually tried to do.

You sure wasted a lot of your time (not to mention the time of your teachers) in Catholic school.

Oh, I agree, it took years to undo the damage these psychos did to me.

Here's the thing.
The thing is that you and I have previously discussed every issue you just brought up. You are still locked in Square One, so I am assuming it is such a very comfortable place for you to be that you have no intention of moving forward.

As I have told you before, the flood was the setting for a story with a compelling theme. For you, the setting is the entire story, and much too comfortable a place for you to consider moving on. You are quite satisfied advertising God kills babies and ecstatic you are able to make fun of a nun. Carry on.

The thing is that you and I have previously discussed every issue you just brought up. You are still locked in Square One, so I am assuming it is such a very comfortable place for you to be that you have no intention of moving forward.

As I have told you before, the flood was the setting for a story with a compelling theme. For you, the setting is the entire story, and much too comfortable a place for you to consider moving on. You are quite satisfied advertising God kills babies and ecstatic you are able to make fun of a nun. Carry on.

Oh, I don't discuss it on the hope that you might actually apply critical thinking to the situation.

And to Sister Mary Butch's credit, as batshit insane as her answer was, 40 years of talking about this story with God Botherers hasn't come up with a BETTER excuse of how God could drown babies and still be considered "Good".

I am an adult Catholic who attended Catholic school. No one struct. Ever. No priest who had been in our parish--or the entire town--was accused. Ever.

I now have a Catholic friend who lived in a different town back at that same time. One priest. According to her, everyone knew it and everyone made sure no child was ever alone with him. Only priest she knew who had this problem. Oh--and no nun ever hit a student at her school either.

On the other hand, I do know first hand of boys being paddled (especially by PE teachers/coaches) in public high schools. My brother was one of them and was forthright (although sheepish) about admitting he indeed deserved that swat. Shrug. Things are now different in that regard, too.
Well then it's changed. They definitely did in Mom's school.

Well then it's changed. They definitely did in Mom's school.
Isn't it curious how devout Catholics all had good experiences in Catholic schools while the now- atheists claim to have had bad ones? Could be like most things you reap what you sow.

Last edited:
Isn't it curious how devout Catholics all had good experiences in Catholic schools while the now- atheists claim to have had bad ones? Could be like most things you reap what you sow.
I don't believe for a minute that all devout Catholics had good experiences in Catholic schools. I've known quite a few that would say otherwise and no, they aren't atheists.

When you say 'you reap what you sow', are you suggesting that those that had bad experiences deserved it?

Are you saying my Devout Catholic mom was an atheist? And you call yourself a Christian? Mom loved the nuns as most were French and other foreign nuns who had great stories of Africa and such.*

One described her time among people suffering from something remarkably like AIDS but back in the 20s. Called it the "wasting disease"

Last edited:
Interesting topic. The number of people in general attending church is declining. That's unfortunate. I believe that the fact it takes two people working at least full time just to barely scrape by has had a negative effect.

I don't believe for a minute that all devout Catholics had good experiences in Catholic schools. I've known quite a few that would say otherwise and no, they aren't atheists.

When you say 'you reap what you sow', are you suggesting that those that had bad experiences deserved it?
I'm talking about the devout Catholics in here (Meriweather, me) vs the atheists who claim to have been ruined by Catholic schools (Joe B, and others)

What I am saying is often your perception is related to your own attitude. It's like playing football or being in the Marines. To some, it was an awful experience. The coaches/drill seargents were mean and unreasonable. To others, the discipline was no big deal, or seen as a positive that helped prepare them for life.

There is also the possibility that atheists who want to do damage to the Church are exaggerating or lying.

Oh, I don't discuss it on the hope that you might actually apply critical thinking to the situation.
I did apply your "critical thinking". It was the starting point of my research into the history, cultures, languages, and storytelling of the time--decades ago. That's what I mean about your "Square One." You are stuck in your "critical thinking". There are a great many more steps after that.

Not really. My sister is a devout Catholic. I remember one time we were watching the Blues Brothers at her house and you have that absolutely hysterical scene with Sister Mary Stigmata

My sister, Brother-in-law, and I laughed hysterically at this scene, but my 14 year old niece didn't get the joke. She thought it was awful.

I would argue that the devout Catholics just take more comfort in the LIES from the Church, and are willing to tolerate the bad behavior.

I'm not.

I did apply your "critical thinking". It was the starting point of my research into the history, cultures, languages, and storytelling of the time--decades ago. That's what I mean about your "Square One." You are stuck in your "critical thinking". There are a great many more steps after that.

Which means you are confronted with an absurd story, and rather than just treat it as an absurd story, you try to rationalize it. You kind of made my point I just made to Mushmouth.

Check on the global scale of child sexual abuse in other professions and agencies. The last I check, Number One was still family members.

Did Family members engage in a world wide conspiracy to hide pedophile priests and pay off families?

Which means you are confronted with an absurd story, and rather than just treat it as an absurd story, you try to rationalize it.
It means when confronted with a story, you twist it into absurdity. In the past, I have asked you several times before: What is the theme. You have never answered. Why did that author write that particular version of a great flood? What point was he making?

You always stop at "God drowned babies!" And then admit you do not believe natural disasters are caused by God. What is more absurd than that?

The story of the Great Flood is an allegory, intended to illustrate the concept and lesson that God abhors evil and will (on occasion) do something dramatic to fight it. Like the Garden of Eden tale, it is not literally true. Adults who read the Bible understand this. Catholics who got 12 years of Catholic education understand this. But many failed to pay attention. Not my fault.

Right, it's the COVID LIES that made all the young people even more depressed...not the lockdowns or anything!

hahahahahahahaha
Couldnt possibly be that the government killed their sports aspirations and kept them from socializing with their peers at all.

Even today, families keep their secrets. You know that.

This is true. What they don't do is engage in an international conspiracy to cover up the crimes.

It means when confronted with a story, you twist it into absurdity. In the past, I have asked you several times before: What is the theme. You have never answered. Why did that author write that particular version of a great flood? What point was he making?

You always stop at "God drowned babies!" And then admit you do not believe natural disasters are caused by God. What is more absurd than that?

Actually, almost all flood stories have the same theme... Man pisses off God (or Gods) and gods rain down floods. The problem is most other mythologies, Gods are indifferent forces of nature... and Yahweh was too, originally.

The problem you have is reconciling a bronze age diety with a modern version...

Forum List

Back