General Public Distrust of Political Elite and Government: --- "Is the Minneapolis cop incident "Fake News" drummed up by Minnesota Leftists???

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
This CANNOT be true, can it?

D6B05479-6C41-4E4B-A8EC-98E4611AA419.png

Or is this another case of white people implicitly saying "all y'all black dudes look alike" :laugh: And more importantly, is this the general sentiment of the public that no political elite or government person/entity can be trusted?

A lot of people across the country appear to be very suspicious of anything and everything that those in power might be up to.

Are all these events (fake or real) leading up to the proverbial "burning of the Reichstag" in America? What the fuck? It feels like we're living in a Powderkeg and politicians are deliberately flicking lit cigarette into the pile.

And this is not I conspiracy theory thread. So, keep those comments out of here.

This is a political discussion about what appears to be a lot of mistrust or distrust of the general public. Is that mistrust warranted?

How do we get back to a place where people are not ready to lock and load? Because this is getting fucking serious. If enough people believe they are being manipulated and are losing rights, on all sides, that cannot be a recipe for political stability.

And I don't wanna hear any bullshit about Trump or Pelosi or anybody else in their policies, and how those policies are causing all of this unrest. Save that bullshit. They are all the same, it's just six of one and 1/2 dozen of the other. this is not a Democrat versus Republican. This is ruling class versus the commoners. This is not left versus right. This is authoritarians (the ruling class) versus people.

Many of us do a bunch of tough-guy internet saber rattling, and I have no doubt many of us will make good on those comments when necessary, but for the first time, I actually feel like there is an imminent possibility that "necessary" is upon us. There is a chance that I may have to exercise my right to self-defense.

Is this really happening, or is this a grotesque figment of my diseased imagination, brought on by unusual circumstances (pandemic)?

View attachment 342506

Or is this another case of white people implicitly saying "all y'all black dudes look alike" :laugh: And more importantly, is this the general sentiment of the public that no political elite or government person/entity can be trusted?

A lot of people across the country appear to be very suspicious of anything and everything that those in power might be up to.

Are all these events (fake or real) leading up to the proverbial "burning of the Reichstag" in America? What the fuck? It feels like we're living in a Powderkeg and politicians are deliberately flicking lit cigarette into the pile.

And this is not I conspiracy theory thread. So, keep those comments out of here.

This is a political discussion about what appears to be a lot of mistrust or distrust of the general public. Is that mistrust warranted?

How do we get back to a place where people are not ready to lock and load? Because this is getting fucking serious. If enough people believe they are being manipulated and are losing rights, on all sides, that cannot be a recipe for political stability.

And I don't wanna hear any bullshit about Trump or Pelosi or anybody else in their policies, and how those policies are causing all of this unrest. Save that bullshit. They are all the same, it's just six of one and 1/2 dozen of the other. this is not a Democrat versus Republican. This is ruling class versus the commoners. This is not left versus right. This is authoritarians (the ruling class) versus people.

Many of us do a bunch of tough-guy internet saber rattling, and I have no doubt many of us will make good on those comments when necessary, but for the first time, I actually feel like there is an imminent possibility that "necessary" is upon us.

Is this really happening, or is this a grotesque figment of my diseased imagination, brought on by unusual circumstances (pandemic)?

"There is a chance that I may have to exercise my right to self-defense."

Against whom?

Many of us do a bunch of tough-guy internet saber rattling, and I have no doubt many of us will make good on those comments when necessary, but for the first time, I actually feel like there is an imminent possibility that "necessary" is upon us. There is a chance that I may have to exercise my right to self-defense.

source.gif

You right to self defense on a message board?

Will you spit on yer monitor?

View attachment 342506

Many of us do a bunch of tough-guy internet saber rattling, and I have no doubt many of us will make good on those comments when necessary, but for the first time, I actually feel like there is an imminent possibility that "necessary" is upon us.

Against whom?
I don't know. People are rioting. Others are protesting. Government is trying to "protect" us by shutting down businesses.

And all these people LOOKING for conspiracies shows a general suspicion that we are being herded to the slaughter.

That's my question. What the hell is it with this widespread paranoia and panic?

source.gif

You right to self defense on a message board?

Will you spit on yer monitor?
Piss. I will PISS on the monitor.

View attachment 342506

No. I don't think it is fake news, no matter how much we hate to hear it happened. The three different videos taken by bystanders pretty much show what happened, that sparked the riots, although the protesters have definitely overreacted.

No. I don't think it is fake news, no matter how much we hate to hear it happened. The three different videos taken by bystanders pretty much show what happened, that sparked the riots, although the protesters have definitely overreacted.
What I am asking is, where is all this distrust coming from?

How did this happen?

How to we restore confidence?

View attachment 342506

Against whom?
I don't know. People are rioting. Others are protesting. Government is trying to "protect" us by shutting down businesses.

And all these people LOOKING for conspiracies shows a general suspicion that we are being herded to the slaughter.

That's my question. What the hell is it with this widespread paranoia and panic?

but you said you're op was not a conspiracy thread. And you're wondering if you need to utilize self-defense against something unknown.

I was just offered a place in an office meeting with twenty or so people not wearing masks in a room about 60 feet by 15. I stayed in the hall. LOL

He was killed. But remember Dems never let a crisis go to waste.
1590772360620.png

View attachment 342506

The ruling class in Minneapolis have treated the police like a social experimentation lab, not law enforcement....The previous police Chief (affirmative action hire who checked another box) was fired for her incompetence over the Justine Damond killing, and the very poorly vetted Somali cop who pulled the trigger...Two of the cops involved in this incident have numerous IA reports and investigations, yet remained on the force...The entire political system of the city is a shit show of political correctness over competence.

How did this happen?

That's a million dollar question dude. Not being from a minority culture, only talking to people and reading about is not the same as living it. I wish we all knew. Suspect you are like me, never harming anyone from the minority cultures that were not physically attacking us.

Well, one place to start might be with a leader who touted our similarities. Nearly all immigrants want to be part of our working to better our own lives, and having protections under law that the govt cannot take away. THAT is American Exceptionalism.

BLM and the folks rioting in Minny have legit complaints, but imo one reason Obama didn't get his 3rd term with Hillary was he failed to note cops in the overwhelming number of incidents are actually trying to protect people.

How did this happen?

That's a million dollar question dude. Not being from a minority culture, only talking to people and reading about is not the same as living it. I wish we all knew. Suspect you are like me, never harming anyone from the minority cultures that were not physically attacking us.
Doesn't it seem like there are people working overtime to pit you against me?

I don't have anything against anyone from any culture in America. Live and let live.

I don't want cops killing a guy who appeared to be complying with a lawful arrest. I get the feeling this is being spun to make others believe that this is my intent.

It's like they are flipping a switch, but they have flipped it too many times. Now everybody is looking over their shoulders and looking for the next attack. Looking for the next breech of their liberties.

Is this the plan? Why does there seem to be full-court-press effort to stir total insurrection?

I mean....fuck. If this is what we have to live with just so somebody can win an election (and that goes for any of them) I would rather just have Anarchy. Fuck this shit.

How did this happen?

Doesn't it seem like there are people working overtime to pit you against me?

I don't have anything against anyone from any culture in America. Live and let live.

I don't want cops killing a guy who appeared to be complying with a lawful arrest. I get the feeling this is being spun to make others believe that this is my intent.

It's like they are flipping a switch, but they have flipped it too many times. Now everybody is looking over their shoulders and looking for the next attack. Looking for the next breech of their liberties.

Is this the plan? Why does there seem to be full-court-press effort to stir total insurrection?

I mean....fuck. If this is what we have to live with just so somebody can win an election (and that goes for any of them) I would rather just have Anarchy. Fuck this shit.

Well, in that town, anarchy is what they've got and it ain't pretty. I don't think this is about the election although depending on future comments and actions of the president it could have a impact. Hopefully he won't do anything outrageous that makes it worse. Probably not going to be the time for the bully pulpit as he lacks standing in minority communities.
I too have wondered if there were a concerted effort to instigate insurrection on a larger scale. I do not think either side will pull it off this year, though I keep reading on here that some of the strident one on this board not only predict it, but almost seem to look forward to it. It will take a lot more than the message board posters to pull it off. Nobody in any kind of national leadership is favoring it, so I'm not worried about it.

In an age where nothing more than a video is necessary to spark riots and one where very few people care to check the veracity of what they are fed, you have not seen anything yet:

How long before a few people in the BLM movement start releasing totally fabricated videos to create outrage? Who here thinks that Neo Nazis will hold back from a treasure trove of propaganda?

In an age where nothing more than a video is necessary to spark riots and one where very few people care to check the veracity of what they are fed, you have not seen anything yet:

How long before a few people in the BLM movement start releasing totally fabricated videos to create outrage? Who here thinks that Neo Nazis will hold back from a treasure trove of propaganda?
Wow. You are the first to tell me it was a fabricated video. Amazing how fast it came out. This is going to be front page news. Do they know how it was done or what program was used? Can you shoot us a link or do you have inside information not made public yet, that you cannot release for contractual reasons? If you guys have not released yet, you tell us about how long before it is to be release?

Forum List

Back