Gene Robinson: Want to honor McCain? Grow a Spine!

The same leftists who are honoring McCain now we're savagely attacking him in 2008. When he ran against Obama he was the devil incarnate, when he attacked Trump he was Godlike. Hypocrites.

What nonsense. I RARELY agreed with McCain and made my feelings known MANY times. This about is the man himself. Never once did I attack his character, patriotism, heroism or integrity. In those areas, he was 100 times the man Trump will ever be.

Ditto here. They've been making this shit up since the moment McCain drew his last. Bizarro reaction to a man's death "oboy, time to go make shit up to score message board points".

Apparently Rump's mental illness is contagious. When a Senator criticizes their idol they lose their shit; when the Senator dies and is no longer there they lose their shit all over again. Nothing satisfies tehm. And they can't find enough derogatory adjectives for not only him but for anybody who has the decency to simply respect the process of death.

Really says much about who these weirdos are.

"investigation"?

Never was one.

Only a witch hunt.

But that does continue.

For now.

DfWAcfNU0AAvZ-r.jpg

And not a single one has to do with the purpose behind the investigation, Russian collusion.

Sorry, already have one

I voted for McCain over Obama

I voted for Romney over Obama

I stayed home instead of voting for either Hillary or Trump.

Was there a point here Zippy?
:aug08_031:

flew over your head?

No, merely pointless and unrelated to my OP.

I reread your OP

my post was not pointless.

Against the trend, I voted for McCain, and Romney.

I did NOT hold my nose and vote for Trump, as other on here have stated they did for Hillary.

(find it hard to believe someone in a deep Blue state thought their vote was necessary for Hillary to take the state)

I dont' need to GROW a spine,

I have one

Sorry, already have one

flew over your head?

I reread your OP

I did NOT hold my nose and vote for Trump, as other on here have stated they did for Hillary.

(find it hard to believe someone in a deep Blue state thought their vote was necessary for Hillary to take the state)

I have one

It makes perfect sense to me. Nobody in any deep "blue" or deep "red" state needs to vote at all. They can vote with the deep, against the deep, or for a third party, or they can stay home and all four actions produce exactly the same result. Why waste your time casting a vote that's going to be tossed in the shredder? Even if you vote with the state, by definition your vote wasn't needed to do that, so you just pissed away two hours.

That's what 45% of the electorate figured, and stayed home too. And that's exactly what I mean by what the System leaving us with little participation and little choice. In the rest of the world where elections are held a 55% turnout would be a national embarrassment.

Reality is that Trump is respecting the dead by keeping his mouth shut about his personal opinion. The MSM wants him to either tell the truth (that he disagreed with McCain's politics) so they can bitch about that or lie (and say he liked the man's politics) so they can bitch about Trump lying instead. Fuck what the MSM wants; political hay.

I'm hoping Trump ignores their questions and tells them all to fuck off (some more)
The orange clown made his opinion known with the flag over the White House. And received such a through lashing from all that he then had it moved back down to half mast. And had someone write a short note for McCain.

"I'm hoping Trump ignores their questions and tells them all to fuck off (some more)"

When Cult of Personality is more important that Patriotism.

I've always said, this board should hire a resident psychiatrist to explain this weird shit.

Sorry, already have one

flew over your head?

I reread your OP

I have one

It makes perfect sense to me. Nobody in any deep "blue" or deep "red" state needs to vote at all. They can vote with the deep, against the deep, or for a third party, or they can stay home and all four actions produce exactly the same result. Why waste your time casting a vote that's going to be tossed in the shredder? Even if you vote with the state, by definition your vote wasn't needed to do that, so you just pissed away two hours.

That's what 45% of the electorate figured, and stayed home too. And that's exactly what I mean by what the System leaving us with little participation and little choice. In the rest of the world where elections are held a 55% turnout would be a national embarrassment.

Yep, I'm in Idaho so therefore my vote for US Senator or POTUS is entirely meaningless (POTUS thanks to the Electoral College). Those candidates don't bother coming here (other than to fundraisers) and they don't advertise here. This means I have been disenfranchised and my vote has been taken by those in purple/ swing states.

flew over your head?

I reread your OP

I have one

Yep, I'm in Idaho so therefore my vote for US Senator or POTUS is entirely meaningless (POTUS thanks to the Electoral College). Those candidates don't bother coming here (other than to fundraisers) and they don't advertise here. This means I have been disenfranchised and my vote has been taken by those in purple/ swing states.

And even in these here purple states those who cast their vote with the 49.9% are still tossed in the shredder. Plus we have to endure the candidates hanging around here constantly, trolling for that 50%-plus-one that will trigger the state to go to Congress and lie through their teeth "WOW it's amazing, literally everybody in our state done voted for this Orange thing! Everybody I tell you!".

That's the beauty of the Electrical College WTA shitstem and the proxy-representative pseudodemocracy that no voting nation in the world uses except Pakistan.

The same leftists who are honoring McCain now we're savagely attacking him in 2008. When he ran against Obama he was the devil incarnate, when he attacked Trump he was Godlike. Hypocrites.
Most of us have been to a wake. And most of us realize that, at that moment, it is not about us but it is about paying basic human respect for the dead. Even if you had disagreements with that lost soul, adults are able to put that aside in order to pay respect.

Adults can make that distinction. Adults can pay that respect. Children cannot make that distinction. Children are not able to see that everything is not about themselves.

Do you reward children for being disrespectful, or do you take the responsibility to teach them about basic human kindness and humility?

flew over your head?

I reread your OP

I have one

And even in these here purple states those who cast their vote with the 49.9% are still tossed in the shredder. Plus we have to endure the candidates hanging around here constantly, trolling for that 50%-plus-one that will trigger the state to go to Congress and lie through their teeth "WOW it's amazing, literally everybody in our state done voted for this Orange thing! Everybody I tell you!".

That's the beauty of the Electrical College WTA shitstem and the proxy-representative pseudodemocracy that no voting nation in the world uses except Pakistan.

Go easy now - People in Wyoming LOVE the fact that there vote counts around 3 times that of a vote in California or New York.

Which States Have the Most Powerful Votes?

flew over your head?

I reread your OP

I have one

(POTUS thanks to the Electoral College)

get rid of it.

all you have to do is change the Constitution

flew over your head?

I reread your OP

I have one

get rid of it.

Not necessarily true true Willy Boy

Our conclusion

Ten states and the District of Columbia have signed on to the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, in which states agree to award all their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote. The compact only takes effect when states totalling 270 electoral votes sign on, and so far the effort still falls short of that.

This plan would not eliminate the Electoral College, but it would dramatically alter its purpose, because electors would cast their votes based on the national popular vote. Battleground states would become obsolete, and candidates would concentrate on winning the most number of votes nationwide.

If enough states ever sign on, the plan would likely face a court challenge, with the Supreme Court getting to rule on whether the plan passes constitutional muster. That’s a future scenario we can’t predict.​

Could states overturn the electoral college?

I reread your OP

I have one

get rid of it.

Our conclusion

Ten states and the District of Columbia have signed on to the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, in which states agree to award all their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote. The compact only takes effect when states totalling 270 electoral votes sign on, and so far the effort still falls short of that.

This plan would not eliminate the Electoral College, but it would dramatically alter its purpose, because electors would cast their votes based on the national popular vote. Battleground states would become obsolete, and candidates would concentrate on winning the most number of votes nationwide.

If enough states ever sign on, the plan would likely face a court challenge, with the Supreme Court getting to rule on whether the plan passes constitutional muster. That’s a future scenario we can’t predict.​

Great

New York and California will get to decide the presidency.

Forever

I reread your OP

I have one

get rid of it.

Our conclusion

Great

Forever

Nope, that is simply not the case. There have been many presidential elections in which the Republican candidate won the popular vote as well as electoral. What it means is that one man gets one vote .. NOT THREE

Last edited:
I reread your OP

I have one

get rid of it.

Our conclusion

Great

Forever

Numerically impossible. Might wanna get your calculator overhauled.

Those two states voted heavily "blue" in 2016. Fatter of mact they both did in 2004 and 2000 too. Yet they don't seem to have been "the decider" do they.

Forum List

Back