GDP Growth Under Trump Was the Worst Since Hoover

Donny will b desperately sad about this. The economy was the only thing he was supposed to have got right.
I guess the Obama boom had run out of steam after a few years of trumpnomics.

Funny how your own article largely excuses the GDP performance as not Trump's fault and credits him for the world's fastest recovery, but you make no mention of any of it.

Tommy, if I want fake news and TDS, I don't need you, I can just turn on CNN.

Trump's first year in office was 2.3 GDP. Obama's average was 2.2. When democrats took over the majority in congress they made sure the GDP would never rise again under Trump.

Trumps long gone Tanehole. Need a new gig to air your constant grievance.

Donny will b desperately sad about this. The economy was the only thing he was supposed to have got right.
Guess you forgot that there was worldwide pandemic. Global growth was probably the smallest since Hoover.

There was a global pandemic. There was nothing he could do about it with governors shutting down states

The GDP set a record during Obama's first year but not the way you expect. It was a -2.5. FDR presided over the worst financial disaster in history for his first two terms with soup lines and bodies in ditches. GDP growth should have been roaring after WW2 but Harry Truman's average was 1.8.

This checks out OP, as Trump was the worst President ever.

There was a global pandemic. There was nothing he could do about it with governors shutting down states
The growth in GDP before the global pandemic never topped 3%.

That was considered abysmal when it was Obama.

The growth in GDP before the global pandemic never topped 3%.

That was considered abysmal when it was Obama.

2.5-3% real growth is about the most you can hope for in a mature economy the size of the US. Growth in 2015 hit 3.1%. Obama came in during a disaster and Trump went out during one. In between the two bookends we were more or less in that 2.5% natural trend

Forum List

Back