Gays raise property values

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Reaction score
Do Gays Influence Property Values Urban Economics

"Conclusion

This literature survey explores influence of gay populations on property values. Using research by Gates and Florida (2002) it was established that gays attract high-tech industries and talent and also gentrify areas. This, in theory, would be a phenomenon that would cause property values to rise. This claim was then empirically tested by Florida and Mellander (2009), who found there to be a strong positive correlation between a “Bohemian-Gay Index” and housing values, suggesting that gay populations do affect these values (Christafore and Leguizamon (2011) confirmed this). The Christafore and Leguizamon (2011) study delved a bit deeper and explored gay couple’s influences on property values in both conservative and liberal neighborhoods. They found that gay couples cause property values to increase in liberal neighborhoods and decrease in conservative neighborhoods. They also found gay male couples to be the driving force behind this phenomenon.

There is evidence to show that gay populations bring to their neighborhoods amenities and also demand them (Florida and Gates 2001, Florida and Mellander 2009, Christafore and Leguizamon 2011)."

My spin, gay people are objectively superior to not-gay people. :)

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Reaction score
Gay people keep their property clean...Gay nieghboors are good:thup:

deltex1

Gold Member
Reaction score

"Conclusion

This literature survey explores influence of gay populations on property values. Using research by Gates and Florida (2002) it was established that gays attract high-tech industries and talent and also gentrify areas. This, in theory, would be a phenomenon that would cause property values to rise. This claim was then empirically tested by Florida and Mellander (2009), who found there to be a strong positive correlation between a “Bohemian-Gay Index” and housing values, suggesting that gay populations do affect these values (Christafore and Leguizamon (2011) confirmed this). The Christafore and Leguizamon (2011) study delved a bit deeper and explored gay couple’s influences on property values in both conservative and liberal neighborhoods. They found that gay couples cause property values to increase in liberal neighborhoods and decrease in conservative neighborhoods. They also found gay male couples to be the driving force behind this phenomenon.

There is evidence to show that gay populations bring to their neighborhoods amenities and also demand them (Florida and Gates 2001, Florida and Mellander 2009, Christafore and Leguizamon 2011)."

Good reason to have them mow your lawn,

OP
D

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Reaction score
Being only half-gay my place is a compromise. I'll clean it when I start tripping over stuff. :)
Can you be "half gay"? is that kinda like half ass?:dunno:
Well, when I have gay lovers I'm as gay as they are. But conversely, when I have straight female ones I'm effectively straight. So averging it out, I'm half-gay :)

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

"Conclusion

Pretty much a given. Gays gentrify an area.

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Reaction score
Being only half-gay my place is a compromise. I'll clean it when I start tripping over stuff. :)
Can you be "half gay"? is that kinda like half ass?:dunno:
Well, when I have gay lovers I'm as gay as they are. But conversely, when I have straight female ones I'm effectively straight. So averging it out, I'm half-gay :)
So sometimes you choose to be gay?...interesting:eusa_think:

Blackrook

Platinum Member
Reaction score
All of this is based on stereotypes that all gay men are upper-middle class or wealthy urbanites who drink fine wine, buy expensive art, and have high paid jobs in creative fields like advertising, interior decoration, or architecture.

Delta, you must know that this is utter bullshit.

R

rdean

"Conclusion

I think they are superior to conservatives.

Steven_R

Tommy Vercetti Fan Club
Reaction score
I had gay neighbors for a while. I figure the make up sex must have been awesome because all they did was fight.

It was like watching women cat-fight, but it never got physical and never involved hair pulling. It was odd watching one man tell another man that he was just like his mother though.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List