Gay TV!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I don't have all the channels here on the Gulf that I pay mega bucks for at home. So I was flipping through what IS available here and on 4 channels the first image is that of two men kissing.

Now, we know that TV, even cable is dependent on advertising. We also know that gays are a small minority in America. So what happens to these stations when families who do not wish to see public displays of gay affection stop watching those shows and channels, and stop buying the products?

The stand on gay did nothing but help Chic Filet, so I'm thinking it will do nothing but hurt these TV stations.

I don't have all the channels here on the Gulf that I pay mega bucks for at home. So I was flipping through what IS available here and on 4 channels the first image is that of two men kissing.

Now, we know that TV, even cable is dependent on advertising. We also know that gays are a small minority in America. So what happens to these stations when families who do not wish to see public displays of gay affection stop watching those shows and channels, and stop buying the products?

The stand on gay did nothing but help Chic Filet, so I'm thinking it will do nothing but hurt these TV stations.

LOGO...been around for a while. And it's cable.

OH MY GAWD. Two men kissing?

I prefer something normal. Like murder and torture and lots and lots of blood.

I watch LOGO often. I like Ru Paul's drag race. :)

No surprise. But I do not find that type of thing entertaining. If they willingly put themselves up for that kind of exploitation, they are sick beyond words.

And I went to school. I have better taste in entertainment.

Regardless of politics most people like to watch drama - and gay drama is especially fun. There were and are many ratings blockbusters using gay dynamics as a central part of the shows. When they get too preachy people in general tune out (especially gay viewers), but mostly it's good entertainment.

No surprise. But I do not find that type of thing entertaining. If they willingly put themselves up for that kind of exploitation, they are sick beyond words.

Entertainment is like wine - if you like it, enjoy it and no education is required. I'm not sure what kind of taste one acquires at Nursing and Law Schools but I'm pretty sure that the means of enjoyment outside of work were not the foci of those programs.

Entertainment is like wine - if you like it, enjoy it and no education is required. I'm not sure what kind of taste one acquires at Nursing and Law Schools but I'm pretty sure that the means of enjoyment outside of work were not the foci of those programs.

Sunshine meant college? Oh....

Regardless of politics most people like to watch drama - and gay drama is especially fun. There were and are many ratings blockbusters using gay dynamics as a central part of the shows. When they get too preachy people in general tune out (especially gay viewers), but mostly it's good entertainment.

If you like exploiting people, I suppose it is entertaining.

Those families are quickly becoming an even smaller minority than gay people.

If you like exploiting people, I suppose it is entertaining.

That's not a gay thing, it's a global thing. People are absolutely willing to let themselves be exploited.

Not what the thread is about.

First gays just wanted to be 'tolerated.' Then the wanted 'benefits.' Now they want to take over my living room.

You want to be gay? Fine. Keep it in your bedroom, not my living room. I pay for channels and products and when those channels and products become disgusting I will stop paying for them.

And you are deluded if you think young hetero families are an endangered species. They are not. They are just busy, but they are not too busy to patronize the establishments that espouse the same values they have. Don't believe it? Try to get a seat in Chick Filet in Brentwood, TN.

Last edited:

First gays just wanted to be 'tolerated.' Then the wanted 'benefits.' Now they want to take over my living room.

You want to be gay? Fine. Keep it in your bedroom, not my living room. I pay for channels and products and when those channels and products become disgusting I will stop paying for them.

And you are deluded if you think young hetero families are an endangered species. They are not. They are just busy, but they are not too busy to patronize the establishments that espouse the same values they have. Don't believe it? Try to get a seat in Chick Filet in Brentwood, TN.

If hetero families were endangered, humanity would be in endangered. Don't believe it? Brush up on basic biology.

If hetero families were endangered, humanity would be in endangered. Don't believe it? Brush up on basic biology.

I'm not the one who said they were.

Those "young, heterosexual families" are the ones watching those "gay" shows.

You make a mistake if you think your "values" are in any sort of majority among young families in this country.

Forum List

Back