Gay marriage is still banned in the Navajo nation

Interesting piece here.

I didn't know the Navajo support traditional marriage so strongly.

Donna Nez, who pastors the Hard Rock Community Church in northwest Arizona, also opposes the bill. She said she worries it will weaken families and does not believe Navajo, or Diné, tradition approved of same-sex relationships.

"If it was our tribal way, Diné way, I didn't know about it," said Nez, 56, whose surname is common among Navajos. Her great-grandparents and grandparents "were all medicine men and medicine women, and I never heard of them say there's a man and a man to be married and a woman and a woman to be married."

Good for them and sticking to their morals, values and standards.

Letting gays get married is the reason why we publicly push to have kids become trannies and why pedophiles try and normalize themselves.

When American society let gays get married we lowered our bar for morals, values and standards. What happens when you lower a societal bar you can't raise it back up. And when you lower your standards for one group you also set the bar closer to the group that's below them.

Interesting piece here.

Donna Nez, who pastors the Hard Rock Community Church in northwest Arizona, also opposes the bill. She said she worries it will weaken families and does not believe Navajo, or Diné, tradition approved of same-sex relationships.

"If it was our tribal way, Diné way, I didn't know about it," said Nez, 56, whose surname is common among Navajos. Her great-grandparents and grandparents "were all medicine men and medicine women, and I never heard of them say there's a man and a man to be married and a woman and a woman to be married."

Maybe they will let you have a wigwan on the reservation?

"Traditionally, Native American two-spirit people were male, female, and sometimes intersexed individuals who combined activities of both men and women with traits unique to their status as two-spirit people. In most tribes, they were considered neither men nor women; they occupied a distinct, alternative gender status."
Two-Spirit | Health Resources.

"Traditionally, Native American two-spirit people were male, female, and sometimes intersexed individuals who combined activities of both men and women with traits unique to their status as two-spirit people. In most tribes, they were considered neither men nor women; they occupied a distinct, alternative gender status."

There is no filthy sick sexually degeneracy that you won't defend

Good for them and sticking to their morals, values and standards.

Letting gays get married is the reason why we publicly push to have kids become trannies and why pedophiles try and normalize themselves.

When American society let gays get married we lowered our bar for morals, values and standards. What happens when you lower a societal bar you can't raise it back up. And when you lower your standards for one group you also set the bar closer to the group that's below them.

Marriage is highly over rated right along with having kids.

Interesting societal view of the homosexual community (under any terminology).

You rarely post factual and supported statements. But I see your post (above) as a significant departure from your normal posting style.

Without being sarcastic, I say “good post.”

Interesting piece here.

Those 2 look blood related.

Marriage has defined characteristics it broadly seeks:
1. Life long
2. open to/wants to create a family
3. joining of male/female to provide children with best influence of both masculine and feminine.
4. Religious, the joining of souls

Today’s secularists want it watered down, but by doing so they make it unnecessary. If 2 people just want to love each other, which is usually the vague claim.. you don’t need to be married to do that.

So I don’t get what the purpose of their actions is. Why would a person who thinks this way get married? There would be no difference between marriage and a relationship with some court appointed documents for wills, etc.

If marriage is just entirely subjective, it means nothing, which is why those of us who think it objectively means something reject the secularists demands, no matter how much they try to personalize it and victimize themselves in it

Marriage has defined characteristics it broadly seeks:
1. Life long
2. open to/wants to create a family
3. joining of male/female to provide children with best influence of both masculine and feminine.
4. Religious, the joining of souls

Today’s secularists want it watered down, but by doing so they make it unnecessary. If 2 people just want to love each other, which is usually the vague claim.. you don’t need to be married to do that.

So I don’t get what the purpose of their actions is. Why would a person who thinks this way get married? There would be no difference between marriage and a relationship with some court appointed documents for wills, etc.

If marriage is just entirely subjective, it means nothing, which is why those of us who think it objectively means something reject the secularists demands, no matter how much they try to personalize it and victimize themselves in it

The Supreme Court has affirmed, on multiple occasions, that marriage is a fundamental right. Why should the government be allowed to deny some people that fundamental right just because the consenting adult they love and wish to marry is the same sex as themselves?

The Supreme Court has affirmed, on multiple occasions, that marriage is a fundamental right. Why should the government be allowed to deny some people that fundamental right just because the consenting adult they love and wish to marry is the same sex as themselves?
We aren’t required to support and celebrate all laws, only to obey them, even reluctantly.

I’m not saying to make a law, I’m simply identifying how marriage should be unique, and how with Supreme Court rulings and other factors are making it pointless

We aren’t required to support and celebrate all laws, only to obey them, even reluctantly.

I’m not saying to make a law, I’m simply identifying how marriage should be unique, and how with Supreme Court rulings and other factors are making it pointless

That doesn't answer my question though. Why should the government be allowed to deny some people their fundamental right to marry the consenting adult of their choosing?

That doesn't answer my question though. Why should the government be allowed to deny some people their fundamental right to marry the consenting adult of their choosing?
I’m not advocating a law, so your question doesn’t apply

According to Google, marriage is a man and a woman
Link, gee, you must be really stupid
Screenshot_20231025_132728_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nope, marriage is what the law says marriage is. And you don't get to redefine it. And yes, the government drafts laws in this country in accordance with the Constitution and the law says a marriage between two people of the same sex is a legal marriage.
I get to define marriage, if an unelected judge gets to. In this case, marriage is defined by history, culture, and society.

Glad to know you love fascism. Democrats, always proving they are dictators and facsists. Controlling language, to maintain power

I get to define marriage, if an unelected judge gets to. In this case, marriage is defined by history, culture, and society.

Yep and this culture and society has defined it as the legal act of uniting two people in wedlock!

Suck to be you.

Legal marriage is governed by law. And the law must be instituted equally to all...

Amendment XIV
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Great, that means democrats CAN marry 8 year old girls.

I now see why pedophile laws will be changed

Forum List

Back