Gay Bar Owner Shows Intolerance

No, an ever broadening set of relationships. We used to legally prevent interracial marriage for the same reason you give to prevent me from legally marrying my non familial, consenting adult partner.

What reasons have I given to prevent you from marrying your non-familial, consenting adult partner? Marriage exists for defined purposes, and to that end, certain relationships are excluded, be it right or wrong. And if you simply do not accept those traditional purposes, then, as you have pointed out, there is no real argument against bigamy. And the same arguments in favor of permitting gay marriages also apply with equal force and persuasion to ploygamist and incestuous relationships. Which is to say, if you are of the persuasion, as so many are, that any two consenting adults should be permitted to marry, then there should be no barriers.

Marriage, the kind we are discussing and demanding equal access to, is a LEGAL contract. You simply can't use "tradition" to keep a group of people from a fundamental civil right.

When we get marriage equality, and we will, those groups can try to use the precedence set in allowing gays to marry. The opponents of such relationships will have to identify an overriding harm in allowing them. Incest is an easy one, but polygamy will be harder to try and stop. So?

You don't have a fundamental civil right to pretend you're participating in a legal contract if you aren't really participating in that contract.

For example, I can't participate in a land-sale contract if I don't actually sell (or purchase) land.

I can piss and moan about how unfair it is all day long...but that doesn't mean I get a land-sale contract. I have to actually participate in a land sale to get the fucking contract.

I'm so sick of the whole attitude that we have to give assholes like you anything you ask for, or be labeled as "bigots". I want a million dollars. Give it to me, now! No? Well then, you're a bigot! I have as much right to a million dollars as anyone who has a million dollars, after all. It's no FAIR that I be required to work for it. Some people inherit it, so therefore I must be able to get a million dollars too! Otherwise, you're violating my civil rights!

How asinine can you get. Honestly, I wish something would happen that would just take all Progressives...elsewhere. I honestly look forward to the end of the world, when I get to see you pissing and moaning about how you have the *right* to enter in at Heaven's gates, and you get booted right to hell, where you belong.

What reasons have I given to prevent you from marrying your non-familial, consenting adult partner? Marriage exists for defined purposes, and to that end, certain relationships are excluded, be it right or wrong. And if you simply do not accept those traditional purposes, then, as you have pointed out, there is no real argument against bigamy. And the same arguments in favor of permitting gay marriages also apply with equal force and persuasion to ploygamist and incestuous relationships. Which is to say, if you are of the persuasion, as so many are, that any two consenting adults should be permitted to marry, then there should be no barriers.

Marriage, the kind we are discussing and demanding equal access to, is a LEGAL contract. You simply can't use "tradition" to keep a group of people from a fundamental civil right.

When we get marriage equality, and we will, those groups can try to use the precedence set in allowing gays to marry. The opponents of such relationships will have to identify an overriding harm in allowing them. Incest is an easy one, but polygamy will be harder to try and stop. So?

You don't have a fundamental civil right to pretend you're participating in a legal contract if you aren't really participating in that contract.

For example, I can't participate in a land-sale contract if I don't actually sell (or purchase) land.

I can piss and moan about how unfair it is all day long...but that doesn't mean I get a land-sale contract. I have to actually participate in a land sale to get the fucking contract.

I'm so sick of the whole attitude that we have to give assholes like you anything you ask for, or be labeled as "bigots". I want a million dollars. Give it to me, now! No? Well then, you're a bigot! I have as much right to a million dollars as anyone who has a million dollars, after all. It's no FAIR that I be required to work for it. Some people inherit it, so therefore I must be able to get a million dollars too! Otherwise, you're violating my civil rights!

How asinine can you get. Honestly, I wish something would happen that would just take all Progressives...elsewhere. I honestly look forward to the end of the world, when I get to see you pissing and moaning about how you have the *right* to enter in at Heaven's gates, and you get booted right to hell, where you belong.
How exactly would one be pretending if they were married?

If you have to change the laws and the definition to accomodate, you're pretending.

So are you saying people are prevented from getting married to the opposite sex because they're gay?

Because you know that's a lie. Which sort of takes the wind out of your false argument that gays are being denied anything.

You know exactly what the argument is. Gay people aren't protesting because they can't marry straight people. They're protesting because they can't marry other gay people.

I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Plus I have a friend who works at a gay bar, I guess they are quite annoying to deal with other than the marriage issue. This is a win win situation for them, most likely. They get to make a point, and not deal with them anymore.

I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

The women are still allowed to come in the bar.

It seems to me that Allie has some very very interesting viewpoints on marriage. Doesn't she?

I imagine this on a FAQ page of a homophobe talking points web site somewhere:

Q: Why are you opposed to same sex marriage?

A: Because incest!

Last edited:

It seems to me that Allie has some very very interesting viewpoints on marriage. Doesn't she?

I believe she thinks marriage is a fraud if you don't engage only in the missionary position and have children ever 9 months or so.

I believe she thinks marriage is a fraud if you don't engage only in the missionary position and have children ever 9 months or so.

Awe... When one can't Debate...

Did Bodecea put some Peanut Butter out for you?... :lol:

:)

peace...

Awe... When one can't Debate...

Did Bodecea put some Peanut Butter out for you?... :lol:

:)

peace...
You're style of debate:

but, but, AIDS!

but, but, pedophiles!

but, but, unnatural!

Conservatives everywhere are ashamed you call yourself one.

Try to maintain coherence, progressive idiots.

It's hard, but at least make an effort.

Forum List

Back