Gas prices down!

We have a problem with high has prices and the only thing that really has changed is Biden's slashing of all of Trump's energy policies.

Actually what changed is that world demand went up far faster than world supply did after the whole world slashed production in 2020.

Therefore, no matter what you say about exports, that oil should be staying then in the U.S. Or, Biden should open the spickets again, the pipelines, the drilling including fracking and allow the U.S. to become energy independent again

The only way to get the oil to stay in the US is to nationalize the oil industry, is that what you are proposing?

Based on the definition used by the Trump admin, the US is indeed energy independent. Personally I think that energy independence is a myth, but since you do not you need to stick with the approved definition.

Yep, and all Democrats thought the world would become paradise when Biden became President. That our enemies would respect us again as if they already didn't. Well, that is all out the window. None of the European country leaders respect Biden. They make fun of him. Russia and China are walking all over him and threatening the world with mass destruction including the U.S. Democrat have always been the party of appeasement and it always causes worldwide wars and poverty.
Your proof of that is what?

That you're still pissed European leaders openly laughed at the former 1-term fuckup.

BIG DEAL! When President Trump was in the White House gas was $1.60 gallon where I live....
main.png

it was lower in Obama's last year.
I'll be waiting to find out how Obama did it.

Big Deal! When Ike was prez gas was 10 cents/gallon here.
Let's see, IKE was President to 1961. Trump was President to 2021. That's 60 years it took to go from 10 cents/gal. to $1.60/gal. It took Biden all of a year to go to $6/gal. I wonder if we follow the Democrat Plans what the cost would be in 59 more years??? So, was your comment really a good one?

Let's see, IKE was President to 1961. Trump was President to 2021. That's 60 years it took to go from 10 cents/gal. to $1.60/gal. It took Biden all of a year to go to $6/gal. I wonder if we follow the Democrat Plans what the cost would be in 59 more years??? So, was your comment really a good one?
Average gas price in 1961 was 31 cents according to this site. Average Gas Prices in the U.S. Through History [Updated] I disagree, I remember gas prices being under 30 cents throughout the 60s. I never paid more than 30 cents until the 70s and that was in CA.

Your comparison is bullshit.

But hey, you loved the pandemic gas the orange fuckup brought us.

I agree. I remember 27 Cents and I'm sure less. Now in 1938, the price of Gas was 10 Cents. I have a poster from back then with that on it.
I was citing 10 cents/gal during a summer gasoline price war in the late 1950's. The normal price was around 30 cents/gal.

I was citing 10 cents/gal during a summer gasoline price war in the late 1950's. The normal price was around 30 cents/gal.
Wow, who here thinks that we should go back to grunting at each other to determine eating order?

It stayed that way for quite awhile too. Into the 70's. What happened? Oh, we became energy dependent instead of independent.
How so?

Politics or other easier oil reserves to tap?

Your lower critical thinking skills?

Great place to buy cigarettes as well. I paid 11 cents/pack on an Air Force base back in the day.
The best I ever did was 13 cents a pack while on board ship outside of US waters--again no tax. I loaded up. We were on a simulated beach landing and I was worried my investment was going to get soaked when the APC drove off of the ship. LOL, I sure was glad when it bobbed back to the surface.

The best I ever did was 13 cents a pack while on board ship outside of US waters--again no tax. I loaded up. We were on a simulated beach landing and I was worried my investment was going to get soaked when the APC drove off of the ship. LOL, I sure was glad when it bobbed back to the surface.
Interesting as well as the vending machine asked for 15 cents. When my Lucky Strikes came out there were 4 pennies in change taped to the side of the pack.

The joke was that if you didn’t smoke, you were losing money.
That make sense, just as when adding up all the fuel savings from the various fuel saver devices required one to drain the excess gas from the tank every few miles. :auiqs.jpg:

How so?

Politics or other easier oil reserves to tap?

Your lower critical thinking skills?
It costs a lot more to buy and ship it to us. Cut out the middlemen and control the price ourselves. Pretty simple if you have critical thinking skills. But, apparently, you don't. :popcorn:

Forum List

Back